I do love my BlackBerry Passport and BB10 but there needs to be some changes made. I can not understand how this company could design an OS that will not let you assign an app purchased from its own store as the default app to be used for a file or operation. To the point I like to search my music by folder and the stock music player does not. I purchased LATASY Player and I liked it but when connected to bluetooth I can stop the music from playing on the bluetooth but it continues on the phone silently. When I try to restart it via bluetooth it starts up the stock player instead. Now I followed the instructions to set a specific app as the default but the only apps available are android apps, not the stock music player or the LATASY Player from BlackBerry world. I was forced to get an android music player and set that as the default app. Installed Folder Player from the Amazon store and my bluetooth works perfectly with my phone again. This is a sad day indeed!! Unbelievable!!!

This very same issue took place when using POYNT downloaded from BlackBerry world also and wanted to open a map from directions provided in the app with a shortcut link provided and it opens google maps not the stock BlackBerry Maps. To boot the only default apps provided for choice were Google Maps, Waze, and MapsWithMe. What the HELL!!!???!!!!??? I do not believe this is allowed. What kind of misguided fool designed this part of the OS?!?!?

Have any of you found this problem or others like it?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:32 PM
    all the apps you mentioned available in the BBW store? they are all android ports, no? Maybe that's why.
    05-13-15 05:56 AM
    No, they are definitely from the BlackBerry World.
    Assigning Default Apps-img_20150513_070645.png
    Assigning Default Apps-img_20150513_070635.png
    If you mean that they were put in the BlackBerry store and not designed specific fir BB10 but converted then perhaps. Either way this is brutal. Hell I went and got a Amazon app that works perfect. That's not right.
    Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 06:07 AM