I've just got my Passport. I've had Q10 and Z30. Much to my dismay my favorite app is not available! I've had TuneIn, an Internet radio streaming app, on both devices. Why would it not be available on Passport if it was available on Q10? It has the same aspect ratio and works on all other BlackBerry 10 devices well.

Apps on Q10 not on Passport?-img_20140927_132905.png

Any suggestions on how I can get this on Passport? It is not on Amazon and Snap has something called TuneIn which isn't the same app at all and is buggy.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:11 PM
    Until the developer makes this available for the Passport, you are going to have to use a substitute app. I would keep checking BBW but in the meantime what about Songza? Amazon Music? There have to be some out there that you can use.
    09-27-14 02:22 PM
    Until the developer makes this available for the Passport, you are going to have to use a substitute app. I would keep checking BBW but in the meantime what about Songza? Amazon Music? There have to be some out there that you can use.
    All great suggestions and thank you. But TuneIn seems to be the only app with some very specific radio stations from Poland that I've been hooked on. Hopefully the developer gets on this quick.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:51 PM
    No Hype Machine
    No Score
    No Weather Network

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:56 PM
    All great suggestions and thank you. But TuneIn seems to be the only app with some very specific radio stations from Poland that I've been hooked on. Hopefully the developer gets on this quick.

Posted via CB10
    You may need to download the version available from Amazon store... because TuneIn app is one of the apps that was officially reviewed before launch of the Passport here: BlackBerry Passport Rocks Tons of Apps Via the Amazon Appstore | Inside BlackBerry
    09-27-14 03:25 PM
    No Hype Machine
    No Score
    No Weather Network

Posted via CB10
    I have Weather Network.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:13 PM
    I have Weather Network.

Posted via CB10
    From BlackBerry World?
    09-27-14 04:15 PM
    You may need to download the version available from Amazon store... because TuneIn app is one of the apps that was officially reviewed before launch of the Passport here: BlackBerry Passport Rocks Tons of Apps Via the Amazon Appstore | Inside BlackBerry
    Thanks for the link. What's weird is when I search for it, the Amazon App store still can't find it. But it doesn't matter. From the article I can see it is the same TuneIn I loaded with Snap. It isn't the same at all as the one in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:31 PM
    By default they added Passport to devices you support and you have to uncheck it manually. The reason for not supporting it would be that it doesn't work well on Passport and want to update it before it is available to avoid any bad ratings.
    09-27-14 04:42 PM
    From BlackBerry World?
    I didn't download it. It came over when I used device switch through Link from my Z30. Originally downloaded from BlackBerry World. It's odd. I did a search in BlackBerry World for Weather Network and isn't available. But it works perfectly fine on the device. TuneIn didn't make it over with Link I figured because it wasn't in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:53 PM
    Does anyone know if I can sideload a bar file like I can an apk? I'd really like the BlackBerry World version of TuneIn on here.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:55 PM
    I didn't download it. It came over when I used device switch through Link from my Z30. Originally downloaded from BlackBerry World. It's odd. I did a search in BlackBerry World for Weather Network and isn't available. But it works perfectly fine on the device. TuneIn didn't make it over with Link I figured because it wasn't in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    That's weird, I'll try and find a bar file

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:02 PM
    Does anyone know where I can find a bar file for TuneIn or if it is possible to pull it off off my Z30?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:53 PM
    I would think if you upgraded your Z30 to 10.3 (if you haven't already) then downloaded TuneIn and any other missing apps you could backup from BlackBerry Link and restore to the Passport. I did that on my Z30 with a few missing apps (Cut the Rope for example) from the Z10 without issue.
    09-28-14 07:22 AM
    I would think if you upgraded your Z30 to 10.3 (if you haven't already) then downloaded TuneIn and any other missing apps you could backup from BlackBerry Link and restore to the Passport. I did that on my Z30 with a few missing apps (Cut the Rope for example) from the Z10 without issue.
    Can you due that for specific apps or do you have to recover them all? When I did it to all TuneIn didn't make it over.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 11:36 AM
    Hi z30 user pls help
    I have Q10 and its screen brightness is too high even I set it minimum it sucks to my eyes in night
    Compared to Z10, screen brightness is very low and good in minimum and Z10 screen brightness can be set very low minimum light

But I know Z30 screen is super amolded like Q10 and size is 5 inch so
    if the screen brightness is same as Q10 in minimum brightness then I will not buy
    Z30
    Pls help me so that I can buy z30

posted via Q10

posted via Q10
    09-28-14 12:23 PM
    Can you due that for specific apps or do you have to recover them all? When I did it to all TuneIn didn't make it over.

Posted via CB10
    What I did personally was a fresh install then downloaded only the handful of apps I wanted that were unavaliable before backing up and restoring.
    09-28-14 01:00 PM
    I tried did a clean wipe and my TuneIn app wouldn't come over with Switch on BlackBerry Link.

But right now I'm realizing my bigger problem is battery life. So far I'm getting about half of what I was getting with Z30. I don't understand since most reports say people are getting better battery or the same on Passport from Z30. Having a phone that lasts all day is important to me. I hate having to worry about charging my phone mid day. Not cool.
    Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:31 PM