Lately my phone is seeing power drain on the battery when I am not using the phone. I think it may have to do with the Android player process. Just wondering if anyone else has seen their passports losing its battery power faster than it used to.
    Anyone seeing a powerdrain on thier Passports-img_20150828_072556.png

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 08:26 AM
    What Android apps have you loaded recently? Probably one of them is the actual culprit.
    08-28-15 08:28 AM
    I expericed a power drain after updating to 10.3.2.2226

The update was done via sachesi faking a Canadian carrier

After two days of noticeable power drain and heat I did a factory reset

The problem seems to be gone. But I had to do all my setup again. I was concerned that restoring a backup would bring back the problem

I do have several email accounts with several thousand mails each. I also think this may have the cause for the problem. Cannot be certain it was the update.

CB10 on Passport 10.3.2
    08-28-15 08:41 AM
    Had the same issue once, I did a hard reset of the phone and situation returned back to normal.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    08-28-15 12:07 PM
    I think I have deleted all my android apps. At least all the ones that are tied the amazon apps the only one I can't delete is the Amazon shopping app which I can't delete period.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 12:09 PM
    Hi,

Just got my Passport SE edition 4 days ago and of course loving it!!!
    Glad I switched back after so many years.

Anyway, when I first got my Passport, it automatically triggered me to update the OS. I've read that battery-wise it can last 30+ hours, however, not the case after the update e. So after playing with it, I've found that though you have "X" off your application it does not really mean it stopped running. So what I did was go to my Device Monitor and hit CPU. Selected all apps that I can change the application permission with and set it to not run when minimized. Just move that toggle switch to the left to turn it grey and that should solve the battery drain. I have a few android apps that I can't live without and uninstalling it is just not an option (e.g. GoPayment, 1Weather, Waze, Kakaotalk, to name a few). I've reduced dramatically my battery usage. Might try that. It worked for me.
    08-28-15 03:34 PM
    I had mine do this the other day for the first time. I had installed the Garmin Connect app from Snap & had my Garmin watch linked via Bluetooth to my Passport. Worked fine for days but I think a sync session failed once & the android player went crazy and drained 30% of my battery in no time. Phone got hot as well. The Android Player battery and CPU usage spiked.

I deleted the app & then reinstalled it and the same thing happened again. I now sync the watch with my iPod and all is back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 06:37 PM
    I suggest OP gets a replacement device to be honest. I have Android apps installed and haven't run into this problem.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-28-15 07:27 PM
    Here are a few tips for managing those pesky android apps

Install ghost commander. You can then select 'home' and 'applications'. Find Settings, long press on it and select launch. This is bog standard android settings. Select apps, then scroll to the right till you see Running. This shows what is actually running at the moment. You can kill them by selecting them and hitting stop. Anyway, this will show what android stuff is running. You can either kill them, or go to the bb10 settings->security->permissions and remove the permission 'run in background' or 'run when minimised' from the offending app. This means they will use no cpu unless they are being viewed. This fixed my errant amazon app store and kindle apps.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 09:39 PM
    I always find android apps a drain, and when I get to about 3000 pictures, my 'system' seems to really be a drain. I imagine indexing all the files, not really sure.
    I should say, it's gotten significantly better with every OS update.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 11:28 PM
    Thank you for the helpful hints. Some seem to help so I have bit better battery life. One thing I thought might also be an issue was the advanced gestures. I turned of the one that turns the phone on when it is lifted. May be just coincidence.

Posted via CB10 on Rogers wireless. BlackBerry Passport.
    08-30-15 12:19 AM