I'm thinking of getting a Passport tomorrow, but worried that I won't be able to use Scribd (the ebook service) on it.

I'm a massive fan of Scribd, and one of the main reasons I fancy a Passport is that I figure it will be better for reading ebooks on.

Has anyone successful installed Scribd on the Passport from either the Amazon App store on Google Play (via Snap)?

If you could let me know asap I'd be most grateful as I'm looking to buy one tomorrow.

Thanks!
    03-03-15 12:20 PM
    Just scooped up Scribd from the Google Play store. It works well! Not that great if you are a comic fan, you have to fiddle with it a bit more to see everything effectively with the 1:1 ratio screen. As far as the book reading experience its good! The screen works in a more natural book reading way. Either way the app works fine and I think you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    03-03-15 02:58 PM
    Ey up! another Yorkshireman?

Thought I was the only one here.

Where abouts?
    03-03-15 04:41 PM
    Just scooped up Scribd from the Google Play store. It works well! Not that great if you are a comic fan, you have to fiddle with it a bit more to see everything effectively with the 1:1 ratio screen. As far as the book reading experience its good! The screen works in a more natural book reading way. Either way the app works fine and I think you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    That's terrific.

I figured if the app did work it would be great for ebooks. I can live without the comics as I only tend to read those on the tablet as it does need a bigger screen. I think I'm now sold on one.

Thanks so much for taking the time to try it and let me know. You sure lived up to your nickname :-)
    03-03-15 04:59 PM
    Ey up! another Yorkshireman?

Thought I was the only one here.

Where abouts?
    Leeds. So not too far from you James. I was over in York a fortnight ago at that hotel next to the railway station. Love York. Great place.
    03-03-15 05:00 PM
    Know Leeds well, work in Armley,

Good luck with the passport. I got one last week, its better than I expected.
    03-03-15 05:09 PM
    Scribd works great! With ebooks & Audiobook too. Better than Audible or Overdrive for me actually. I've never tried comics. But screen is not good for comic reading when I use another Manga app.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 03:03 AM
    Thanks yorkshireman2! Anytime.
    03-04-15 06:59 PM