Wondering if anyone has used the shellster hard case from Amzer? I ordered this from Amazon as CB is out of stock, but curious about the case. I know it comes with a holster which I likely won't use (never have), but who knows especially since it looks like it can be used as a stand as well. I went for this case as it seems to be more solid than a TPU case. Also, I like the BlackBerry logo showing. For those that have this, is there a BlackBerry logo on the case itself or is there a cutout where it shows? Hard to tell from pics. Good case or cancel order?

This will be replacing the rinque fusion smoked clear case as I just can't take the smudges and trying clean the clear case. I would def recommend the smoked case over the all clear for those deciding on the rinque fusion cases. I'm just a clean freak and hate fingerprints/smudges and have a matte screen protector on as well. Thanks for any thoughts!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 06:04 PM
    Well not much feedback here, but it is now coming tomorrow. Checked Amazon and it now says "1-2 months" for shipping. Guess I got the last one lol. There's also another brand that has decent reviews and from pictures it seems like an identical replica of the shellster. The cutouts on the knockoff seem larger though, but might just be my eyes.

Knowing now that these are actually cutouts I'm thinking it'll look really nice on the red Passport. I'm also replacing the black hard shell with the black leather BlackBerry flip shell on the black Passport. Have a few scrapes on the hard shell from drops and thought that the leather would be a nice looking subtle change.

Both are coming in tomorrow so may snap a few before/after pics to give everyone perspective on all 4 cases. I know many here like the rinque fusion cases, but I can't deal with it if it ain't crystal clear and since I actually prefer naked phones, I tried to pick ones that compliment the devices. Just have the leather pouch for the Zs. Always exciting when new accessories are coming lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 06:20 PM
    Definitely post pics. I've never heard of this case but I always like to hear about new passport cases.

Sent from my Passport
    04-27-15 06:23 PM
    Definitely post pics. I've never heard of this case but I always like to hear about new passport cases.

Sent from my Passport
    Will do!

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    04-27-15 07:10 PM
    A family member has it for their iphone, it's a good quality case, but I didn't know they made one for blackberry

I have the body glove/holster, and I like the glove, but the holster belt clip is in the center >.> with the phone being so large, my arm keeps hitting it. Trying to find one with the clip at the side of the case, so it hangs below the belt so I don't hit it on accident with arm

found a link, Amzer� Shellster� - Black but it's not for at&t
    MGO likes this.
    04-27-15 07:28 PM
    I have this holster combo.
    Good for the cheap price.
    The snap on body give it good grip and good hardshell protection and actually makes it easier to type with the grip.
    The holster does its job, but it can be tricky to pop the phone out when bolstered. You have to kind of lift the phone by pushing up from the bottom with your middle finger... either that or try to grip against it and apply pressure to slide it out.
    I had the identical Z30 version when I had that phone but the belt clip snapped off (wasn't the sturdiest).
    Overall it's a good buy though, especially for the money. I got it for $10 total which is what you'd expect to pay for a silicone gel sleeve alone.
    Better deal than other holster options like the Seidio or the expensive OEM leather holster.
    Does not have sleep functionality but maybe you can try sticking on a magnet strip for that (I haven't tried that myself).

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:55 PM
    04-27-15 08:05 PM
    A family member has it for their iphone, it's a good quality case, but I didn't know they made one for blackberry

I have the body glove/holster, and I like the glove, but the holster belt clip is in the center >.> with the phone being so large, my arm keeps hitting it. Trying to find one with the clip at the side of the case, so it hangs below the belt so I don't hit it on accident with arm

found a link, Amzer� Shellster� - Black but it's not for at&t
    Think I grabbed the last one on Amazon as they now have ships in "1-2 months". CB and even Amzer are out of stock. I can understand your frustration with the limited aftermarket support for the AT&T Passport as I'm trying to work out a plan B for my mom's AT&T Passport over the Seidio Surface Case.

Never used a holster, just figured I'd try the shell on the red as the cutouts will compliment the red/black Passport. At least that's my vision. Good to know it's decent quality. Who knows, I might end up liking the holster.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:17 PM
    I have this holster combo.
    Good for the cheap price.
    The snap on body give it good grip and good hardshell protection and actually makes it easier to type with the grip.
    The holster does its job, but it can be tricky to pop the phone out when bolstered. You have to kind of lift the phone by pushing up from the bottom with your middle finger... either that or try to grip against it and apply pressure to slide it out.
    I had the identical Z30 version when I had that phone but the belt clip snapped off (wasn't the sturdiest).
    Overall it's a good buy though, especially for the money. I got it for $10 total which is what you'd expect to pay for a silicone gel sleeve alone.
    Better deal than other holster options like the Seidio or the expensive OEM leather holster.
    Does not have sleep functionality but maybe you can try sticking on a magnet strip for that (I haven't tried that myself).

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the feedback coming from someone who actually has the case. Since I usually carry the device around, the holster might be of more use than I originally thought. Thanks for the tips; will mess around with the combo tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:20 PM
    The SGM combo (Prime) was the knockoff I was referring to. Almost bought that as well, but saw that the Amzer branded case had shipped and decided to go for the leather flex shell for the black instead because of the complaints about the BlackBerry logo showing marks on the black Passport. Needed something new over the regular hard shell after a few drops, but still minimal.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:25 PM
    Just got it, I use it without the holster most of the time. Had the other soft Amzer pudding shell before, this feels slimmer, almost equal in protection but less shock absorption since it's harder. Though the shell itself is very snug around the phone. Not much grip to it but the ridges help that in your hand, on a surface, this case will slide.

And of course the blackberry cutout adds a real nice feel to it.

I like it so far.
    04-27-15 08:26 PM
    Just got it, I use it without the holster most of the time. Had the other soft Amzer pudding shell before, this feels slimmer, almost equal in protection but less shock absorption since it's harder. Though the shell itself is very snug around the phone. Not much grip to it but the ridges help that in your hand, on a surface, this case will slide.

And of course the blackberry cutout adds a real nice feel to it.

I like it so far.
    Just got mine yesterday, and that is how I feel too. It is a great case. I like the BlackBerry logo cutout. The case is nice to hold in the hand. The velvet on the belt holster is nice, and the phone is nicely cradled when put in the holster. The fact that the holster can double as a stand is a nice bonus. I got it from gocellular.ca, which seemed to have a the best price. The shopping experience was very good too.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 09:21 AM
    Switched the red Passport from the Smoked Rinque Fusion to the Amzer Shellster & switched the black Passport from the regular Hard Shell to the Leather Flex/Hard Shell from BlackBerry. Received both today. First impressions = the leather flex shell looks so much more elegant than the regular hard shell and I have always liked the hard shell as it was very minimalistic and didn't really seem like there was a case on it. As for the red Passport, I really couldn't take the fingerprints/grease/smudges on the rinque fusion smoked case and it was also a bit much as I have always kept phones naked just with a screen protector.

With the Passport I have always wanted some protection, but not anything that hides the design and have been looking for cases that would actually complement the device. I am really impressed at how much more expensive and elegant the leather shell looks and feels over the hard shell... not to mention it opens as a stand if needed. The amzer shellster also has a holster which I don't usually use and have not messed around with much as of yet, but also has a stand as well. I like both much better. I will say that the rinque fusion case will definitely offer more protection than the shellster, but I'll just have to be more careful!

Anyway, promised some pics so they are below. Don't mind the not so great quality and picture resizing... pics 1, 2, 3, & 4 are with the hard shell and rinque fusion with the rest (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10) being the leather shell and the amzer shellster (without holster/stand).

P.S. - Not sure if the pictures will show up in the order I have them in, but there are 10 total labeled 1-10... I know so creative!
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    04-28-15 10:47 PM
    Gotta say, a week or two in now, the BB logo cutout is extremely handy for more stability when operating one handed.

This case has won me over quickly.
    05-08-15 06:19 PM
    I've had this case for a while now. But, I rarely use any case...
    05-08-15 09:16 PM