You have a ghost playing with your Passport!

Kidding aside. Lock your screen and go back. You may have a loose wire somewhere...
    Tried that so many times - doesn't seem to make a difference. Who offers exorcisms these days?
    12-08-14 10:26 AM
    Are your hands cold? Capacitive keys are sucks that way but if you warm up your hands it may work...

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 10:28 AM
    Living in Waterloo region and Guelph area for school, and am happy to report, at least from my experience, that the keyboard works fine in the colder weather.

The actual issue is when your hands themselves are cold!

If you're having these issues, just put your hands in your pockets and warm them up, then go back to typing away, has worked every time for me! :P

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    12-08-14 07:56 PM
    What is this cold sub-zero weather you speak of?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 08:48 PM
    It's a combination of your finger skin becoming more rigid, and the surface (and air) much drier. If you warm up your fingers with your breath it will make the skin a little softer and reintroduce some moisture. That should help the capacitive sensors.

Spend a half the day putting up more Xmas lights in 20-degree (F) weather and I was surprised that it kept working. What I really liked (after having the Z10 and Z30 through the past few winters), is being able to type properly with regular gloves (obviously not big bulky ones).

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 08:53 PM
    This issue sounds absolutely terrible and is just unacceptable :s I'm kinda glad I didn't get a passport as its usually around -10-20 C here during the winter (central europe). Hopefully passport 2 will resolve these issues. Can't wait for MWC for the announcement of the new BlackBerry phones. Seems like I'll have to wait for the second iteration of the passport or wait for a new revision that hopefully fixes this (like the double typing issue on the q10).

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    12-08-14 09:01 PM
    That also happens to me while I'm walking and typing out in colder weather conditions

BBM: 2BE320B5 IG: iinkmywholebodiie
    12-08-14 09:33 PM
    I've experienced this kind of jumpiness/randomness with my Passport, but I'm also on a 10.3.1 leak, too. It's actually kind of a relief to know it doesn't affect other OS versions, since to me that says they'll be able to address it through software.
    12-08-14 09:40 PM
    This issue sounds absolutely terrible and is just unacceptable :s I'm kinda glad I didn't get a passport as its usually around -10-20 C here during the winter (central europe). Hopefully passport 2 will resolve these issues. Can't wait for MWC for the announcement of the new BlackBerry phones. Seems like I'll have to wait for the second iteration of the passport or wait for a new revision that hopefully fixes this (like the double typing issue on the q10).

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    You didn't read all of the posts, now didn't you?

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-09-14 12:07 AM
    I hadn't noticed any problems until last week. We had a morning where it dropped to -18C with the wind and my keyboard did not play nice. Hope it's a firmware issue and not a hardware problem!

Edit: should note that my hands were toasty warm at the time of use, as I'd just taken off my mitts to use the phone. Can't fault the hands in this case
    Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 06:47 AM

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    It's not much of an issue, happens for a second if your fingers are too cold. Locking and unlocking the screen seems to fix it.
    12-09-14 04:18 PM
    I find my Passport usually goes into some sort of a power down and restart mode. I walk to work and live in Edmonton. When the weather is around -20C I notice when I take the Passport out of my coat pocket when I'm back inside the phone is restarting. I'm not motivated enough to keep my phone out for the duration of my walk to see exactly what happens and when and also don't feel like trying to type while walking in sub-zero temperatures to test that out. But it is definitely an annoyance.
    12-18-14 09:54 AM
62 123