I had no problem transferring my itunes library with my Q10 but can't get most of the music with the Passport. It will go thru the sync process and then say files didn't transfer due to some RDA rule or something like that.

Anything like that happening to anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 02:47 PM
    You mean DRM? Your music has to be DRM-free.

The exact message would be helpful though.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-04-15 02:52 PM
    I had real problems transferring my iTunes to my Passport via Link, first attempt took 4 hours to transfer 6 songs, second attempt took 8 hours to transfer approx. 3,500 songs. A few of my tunes wouldn't transfer due to DRM issues. I'm using a Sandisk 128gb microSD card.
    04-04-15 02:56 PM
    Yes, I am sorry I believe it was DRM. I'll try to screen shot the message. Crazy thing is it will add some songs on an album and not others from the same album. What is DRM? And what do I need to do to make all the music DRM free?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 03:30 PM
    Sometimes it's just easier to transfer directly to the SD card without using bblink and dropping it in the music folder

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 03:30 PM
    I hate itunes, so no problem her and I have at least 45GB of music on my sd card (flac,mp3)

that's why i never will buy a Apple product - itunes and no sd-card slot
    04-04-15 03:53 PM
    Yes, I am sorry I believe it was DRM. I'll try to screen shot the message. Crazy thing is it will add some songs on an album and not others from the same album. What is DRM? And what do I need to do to make all the music DRM free?

Posted via CB10
    DRM is copy protection. BlackBerry won't play those (no different than any other media pkayer). ITunes, I believe, sells everything now DRM-free, but you need to pay a premium to convert older material you already have in your collection.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-04-15 03:56 PM
    I have 5 BB phones and use BlackBerry links to transfer music from ITunes on my apple desktop and it works very well.

It's also useful to transfer music from my 7digital account.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:02 PM
    I used Link to sync my iTunes with my Z10 and had no problems at all, it's only been a problem with my Passport.
    04-04-15 04:15 PM
    I agree only problem is with passport, that or maybe it changed in an update. I don't know for sure.

This may show my ignorance with all things digital but how do I transfer from my itunes account on a Mac to the memory card in my passport?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 05:59 PM
    If you have a an SD card for your phone, take it out and plug it into your computer. Then copy your files directly from your iTunes file to your SD folder.
    04-04-15 07:03 PM
    Ok, thanks. I'll give that a shot. Will transferring it to a card to invoke the same DRM restriction?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:56 PM
    If it has DRM, any way you transfer it, it will still not play.

It has been a few years since I did it, but there is a link in iTunes to convert your older DRM files to DRM free. It will look at your library and give you the option to purchase DRM free. I think they are also higher quality files.

In addition, none of the purchased videos or movies can be played on the Passport. For movies at least, they are only licenced (DRM) to play on the Apple devices associated with your AppleID, plus a few authorised computers running iTunes on your AppleID.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 08:26 PM
    What I don't understand is when I had the Q10 everything transferred. Now that I have a passport the DRM thing is an issue. Doesn't make sense. Also when I try to transfer files I'll get half or less than half of the files on one soundtrack but not the other half. It doesn't make a lot of sense that only half the files on a soundtrack would be DRM.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 08:34 PM
    If you have a an SD card for your phone, take it out and plug it into your computer. Then copy your files directly from your iTunes file to your SD folder.
    You can also just go to Settings > Storage and Access > Access using USB and turn on USB Mass Storage Mode. This will allow you to drag and drop files to the media card without having to remove it.

I've never had any problems using Link and iTunes to transfer songs, but I also don't sync my music folders since there are some songs on my computer that I don't want on my phone. This is what I do and it has always worked for me on both my Z10 and the Passport:
    - Open Link, select the 'This Computer' tab on the left, then select 'Music' tab, and highlight all the songs you want transferred to your device.
    - Drag your highlighted list to the appropriate device under the 'Devices' tab and it should then transfer all the songs you've selected.
    04-05-15 01:29 AM
    The best way to sync large amounts of music that I've used is goodsync. You can point that program to just about anything; windows shares, media devices, dropbox, one drive, google drive, ftp, sftp, etc, etc. You can do one-way or two-way jobs. I use it to sync all my music from my home server to my phone and my laptop. For the phone you could do it multiple ways. I've tried both wireless and wired. I do wired since it's faster. If you have large library's of stuff you want to sync to multiple devices or do backups to external drives it works well.
    04-05-15 11:13 AM
    Thanks CB community. I bought a 32gb SD card and USB adapter. Transfer all my pics and itunes onto there and then just installed the card, rebooted the phone and everything is working like normal.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 06:48 PM