I'm enjoying my pp but was wondering what are the feedback especially the negative ones going to classic after a pp!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:33 AM
    I moved from passport to classic. No regrets. I do miss the bigger screen and longer battery life. Other than that, this classic is much more convenient to use.

Posted via CB10
    oalzuhair likes this.
    01-19-15 07:37 AM
    I can stand the smaller screen but not sure if I could tolerate battery life.

How bad it is! Half day with heavy usage?

I'm a heavy user.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:41 AM
    I tried twice to really love the Classic, but couldn't compared to my Passport.

Every time I popped the sim into the Classic, I felt like I was missing something? When using the Passport, I feel complete. That's the only way I can really describe it.

I'll take the Passport's better specs, screen, and camera over ease of use any day of the week. That's just me though.

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-19-15 09:26 AM
    I was wondering about this. Glad somebody opened a thread!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:40 AM
    I bought a Passport about two and a half months ago, I received my Classic nine days ago in the morning. Later in the evening I already the Classic is just *the* device for my needs.

So what do I miss after more than a week using the Classic as a daily driver to replace my Passport? Actually not much.
    The only subject would be battery life. While the Passport could be used, at least sometimes, two full days without charging it, the Classic simply needs to be charged every day. Sometimes even two times, depending on the shift I worked.

Rarely I also miss the screen estate, yet surprisingly much less than I feared. I quickly adapted back to the smaller screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:41 PM
    Another thing I'm afraid to be missing really bad is the swiping up feature to choose autocorrected words.

The touch sensitive keyboard was something out of the out of the box.

So how was the switch on this particular issue... is it choosing the words by touching the screen?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:00 PM
    Another thing I'm afraid to be missing really bad is the swiping up feature to choose autocorrected words.

The touch sensitive keyboard was something out of the out of the box.

So how was the switch on this particular issue... is it choosing the words by touching the screen?

Posted via CB10
    The classic keyboard is smaller with better keys, the typing accuracy and speed is way higher so you wont really have a need for the swipe words or selecting them on screen...

I switched to classic for two weeks... working 12+hrs a day the classic could not keep up battery wise for me and the screen was to far of a step backwards... so now the classic sits in a drawer for the emergency scenario my passport becomes inoperable
    01-19-15 01:24 PM
    The Classic is my main device, and the Passport is used on the weekends.
    01-19-15 01:27 PM
    I found I was so adapted to the Passports keyboard, that using my Classic was much harder and errors would happen way more frequently. Using the trackpad to highlight the words or pin point was nice.

But I never got back my old Qwerty typing, I'm to adapted to the Passport, my larger thumbs won the battle for me.

The screen was also another feature which kinda hampered my usage with classic, although it wasn't that bad. And even camera being only 8mp, it took higher quality photos then my passport did (on .1154).

Overall if I had to rate the devices, it'd be 9/10 for passport, with 7.5/10 for classic. The amazing power, keyboard, screen, and other specs, will make for a better phone in the future for the passport, while it's still a beast, but can be expanded upon. The Classic was a great one hand welding device, trackpad was very versatile, definitely want the trackpad functionality on my Passports touch capacitive keyboard, but don't see it coming in 10.3.1, and maybe never until Passport 2 .

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:35 PM
    I gave the Classic a shot and couldn't get used to it.

My biggest draw back was the tool belt. I found that BlackBerry 10 isn't really optimized for a track pad and tool belt. Seemed really redundant.
    It's all about swiping and gestures.

There were a few other things I felt disappointed about, but in the end, the Passport is a really solid all around device. Big screen, great physical keyboard, huge battery, etc. The benefits of the Passport out weigh other devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:39 PM