Hi, this is Matt Young from the official BlackBerry blog, INSIDE BlackBerry.

I'm looking to conduct some Q&A interviews with BlackBerry Passport owners who've had a chance to use the device over the last week, and who wouldn't mind sending me a few pictures of themselves with their BlackBerry Passports.

Some of the questions relate to the physical features of the device, OS features, and how it's impacting user productivity. We'd like to know what field you work in and how you see the BlackBerry Passport being an important tool in your line of work.

Please email me at bbmarcomwriter at gmail.com (I have an official BB email as well, but want to avoid a influx of emails in my official work account for the time being, and we'll see about setting these up.)

I'd like to get at least 3 wrapped up by the end of the day on Friday (I work out of the Bay Area office in California).

Thanks!

-Matt Young
    Last edited by BB Writer Matt Young; 10-01-14 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    10-01-14 01:07 PM
    We generally don't allow personal email addresses to be posted. HOWEVER in this case we will make a special exception. No one ELSE post their email, please just email Matt directly or post in the thread. I've verified with our Editor, Bla1ze that he IS legit.
    10-01-14 01:45 PM
    Thanks, Rich! I certainly *hope* I'm legit, since I banged out a 100-page (in draft pages) BlackBerry Passport user guide in a little over two weeks!
    10-01-14 01:59 PM
    Thanks, Rich! I certainly *hope* I'm legit, since I banged out a 100-page (in draft pages) BlackBerry Passport user guide in a little over two weeks!
    That was a masterpiece! Congrats!
    10-01-14 02:03 PM
    Thanks, Jerlexis!

For this project:

Feel free to expand on anything, and attach any pics or video links you don't mind sharing via the blog.

Some of the questions:

1) What's your name and location? (We can still use a username if there's a particular one you'd like mentioned).

2) What drew you to the BlackBerry Passport?

3) What is your line of work, and how do you see it being useful in your job? Are there certain things you feel confidant doing on the Passport you wouldn't want to do on another phone? How do you see your productivity improving?

4) How has the user experience been so far with your new phone?

5) Related: How are the core experiences: typing/browsing/Hub/email, etc?

6) How would you rate BlackBerry Passport versus your previous phones?

Any other thoughts?
    10-01-14 03:14 PM
    Welcome, Matt!
    No Passport user.. yet

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:23 PM
    No worries. The questions were just for anyone who reads through the thread.
    10-01-14 03:33 PM
    Welcome, Matt. I'm sure that you'll get a lot of eager Passport users to help you out. I would LOVE to, although, it doesn't seem like I'll be able to get one, being on Verizon. Any "Inside BlackBerry" news you can shed on that issue??

I really enjoy reading your stuff on the blogs.
    peter0328 likes this.
    10-01-14 03:46 PM
    I'll get things rolling... take from it what you will.

1) Mirk Vancouver, BC
    2) The screen I like to do a lot of web surfing on my phone and it dawned on me that the experience on my Z10 was pretty poor. I was hoping the Passport would offer a marked improvement on viewing a website. Particularly in desktop mode.
    3) I do some accounting and some IT. I use a lot of spreadsheets and taking my work outside of work was pretty much impossible before, if not just impractical. Between the screen, you can actually view a spreadsheet, and RFA I can easily check on something at home if a sudden thought popped into my head, I've lost sleep thinking about possible accounting errors before. Or, that email you get from your boss 5 minutes after you walk out the door but can't respond because you don't have the info with you. Now I can very easily review a document. Blend, as I sit at a computer most of the day Blend has become immediately invaluable. You just can't beat being able to type your texts on a computer. Also, I'd never use my phone to send an email before (at a computer all day) but I feel comfortable doing it now. It's like having a desktop monitor in your pocket.
    4) Excellent. Very few complaints.
    5) Typing, I actually felt comfortable on the keyboard right off the bat, which is odd coming from an all touch phone, but I had almost no learning curve. The browser is the big thing for me, the experience is akin to using a desktop and this is the primary reason I bought the phone. It delivers just what I wanted. There is very little zooming and scrolling required.
    6) I was very skeptical after I made the order, almost lost a night of sleep thinking what have I done this things going to be a monstrosity. I've loved it since the moment I opened the box, I felt right at home. Probably the best phone I've had yet.

One big thing I'd like to mention though is I find this phone more comfortable then my Z10 to carry around in my pocket. Particularly when sitting down. The Z10 would turn and move in my pocket and would some times get jammed in there in weird ways.
    10-01-14 04:16 PM
    I am a disgruntled Verizon user that bought a Passport to use as a Wifi device.

I actually did all the tutorials that are loaded on the device.

I would happy to answer any questions.

Posted via CB10
    peter0328 likes this.
    10-01-14 04:45 PM
    Get it on Verizon and I'll be sure to answer your questions.

Posted via CB10
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    10-01-14 06:05 PM
    Hi Mirk! Let's take this to email. Feel free to email me at bbmarcomwriter at gmail.com
    10-02-14 02:27 AM
    Hi Mirk! Let's take this to email. Feel free to email me at bbmarcomwriter at gmail.com
    Email sent.
    10-02-14 01:40 PM
    Put me in the camp of unhappy Verizon customers also. I have an outside hope that they WILL eventually get it, as I do want one. It has to replace my Verizon Z30, since I just replaced my T-Mobile Nexus 5 with a OnePlus One. While I DO love BB, I'm not going to be rocking 2 of them!
    10-08-14 09:45 AM