At Passport launch, Chen mentioned it was to be released end of October.

Does anyone have any news on this app?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 11:33 AM
    I am seeing a number of bloomberg app on my passport?

Last edited by zocster; 11-11-14 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Inserting pic
    11-11-14 11:35 AM
    The app they demoed at the Passport launch was for the Bloomberg professional subscribers and not made for the general public. Download the Bloomberg Professional app and you will probably get a notification when they update it with the new version.
    11-11-14 11:39 AM
    There was supposed to be a new/revamped version of the app to take advantage of the Passport screen real estate.

The apps you are showing are the regular Bloomberg apps.

Posted via CB10
    divakar likes this.
    11-11-14 11:41 AM
    There was supposed to be a new/revamped version of the app to take advantage of the Passport screen real estate.

The apps you are showing are the regular Bloomberg apps.

Posted via CB10
    Are you a Bloomberg Professional subscriber? I am not, but the presentation was clear that it was for the Bloomberg clients that pay the subscription to have access to the Bloomberg Professional, not regular consumers.

It was not a revamped version of the regular,free, Bloomberg app.

Here is the Bloomberg presentation from the Passport Launch.

Last edited by robsteve; 11-11-14 at 12:07 PM.
    11-11-14 11:56 AM
    Orange icon = consumer app
    Black icon = professional app

Orange icon = free to use
    Black icon = requires Bloomberg subscription

Orange icon = native app
    Black icon = Android port

The Black icon, Bloomberg Professional, was announced to be getting a native application by mid-Oct during the Passport launch by Oke Okaro, the head of Mobile for Bloomberg. I suspect that it has to do with the delayed launch of 10.3.1 although I can't think of a reason why. Many finance professionals are waiting for this update.

Posted with my Super Duper Zed Thurdee
    11-13-14 07:41 AM
    I have bloomberg running on my passport (free app), and it works fine and looks good.

Posted using my awesome Passport
    11-13-14 11:46 AM
    The app they demoed at launch was the pro app... lack of bloomberg native app on blackberry is embarrassing. I am a pro bloomberg subscriber and miss the native app. Although the current app is ok, it's not the native app that most professionals used on the legacy platform, myself included. Waiting and waiting to see the new and improved native app - don't really remember all the new features but remember that I was excited about it. That app gets the most workout on my passport aside from texts / emails.
    11-17-14 05:01 PM
    See if you can download from Snap the Bloomberg + app. For some reason I was able to download and install before but now it,s not available?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 09:13 PM
    That's bad. I was expecting to get a native Bloomberg app on my passport. But I only find an Android port. What's worse is there used to be a native app for my z10.

I could understand Bloomberg wants paid users to have a premium services but having an Android port only for free consumers would give users a bad image.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 09:14 AM
    That's bad. I was expecting to get a native Bloomberg app on my passport. But I only find an Android port. What's worse is there used to be a native app for my z10.

I could understand Bloomberg wants paid users to have a premium services but having an Android port only for free consumers would give users a bad image.

Posted via CB10
    I agree I'd rather have a native bb10 app but I've grown accustomed to using the Bloomberg+ app it actually works well on the passport if you can get it.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:04 AM
    Orange icon = consumer app
    Black icon = professional app

Orange icon = free to use
    Black icon = requires Bloomberg subscription

Orange icon = native app
    Black icon = Android port

The Black icon, Bloomberg Professional, was announced to be getting a native application by mid-Oct during the Passport launch by Oke Okaro, the head of Mobile for Bloomberg. I suspect that it has to do with the delayed launch of 10.3.1 although I can't think of a reason why. Many finance professionals are waiting for this update.

Posted with my Super Duper Zed Thurdee
    FYI Bloomberg consumer app (orange) is currently an Android port for Passport. Still native for Q10 I believe.

Misinformed people. If you don't know for sure, don't act as though you do. Spreading misinformation is irresponsible.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    11-18-14 10:07 AM
    I was also hoping they would update the USA Today news app to support the passport, but nothing yet.

I prefer the native version because it has notifications that work which allot of the Android ported ones don't.

I have contacted the developer a couple of weeks ago, but as of today, no response back from them?
    11-18-14 12:04 PM
    The PRO version is def an android port... the "send on enter" in chat rooms doesn't work. Just inserts a line break.

Yes, got the option turned on in the settings.
    11-18-14 03:15 PM
    Guys I just spoke with a Bloomberg Rep, the Bloomberg Professional NATIVE app will be release by year end!
    Let's wait and see, but it would be nice to have an optimized BB10 app that doesn't drain your battery!!
    bakron1 and asiayeah like this.
    11-28-14 08:29 AM
    Guys I just spoke with a Bloomberg Rep, the Bloomberg Professional NATIVE app will be release by year end!
    Let's wait and see, but it would be nice to have an optimized BB10 app that doesn't drain your battery!!
    Thanks. That's good news. I wonder what takes them so long though.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 09:10 AM
    I'm guessing that's only for subscribers to the PRO service?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:41 AM
    any screenshots of the consumer bloomberg app running on a PP? (orange icon one)

Asking as most of the posts in this thread state it works fine since it is native etc...

Edit: I just read deadcowby's post, damnit people, learn to discern native from ports before posting, ugh!
    11-28-14 10:47 AM
    How much does Access to the Bloomberg Professional App cost?
    12-04-14 03:00 PM
    Bloomberg Professional or Bloomberg Anywhere are not consumer apps. If you currently have access to a Bloomberg Terminal or B-Unit, then you can access Professional or Anywhere. The Bloomberg Terminals are too expensive for an individual to purchase.... The terminal is about $20k+ a year.

How much does Access to the Bloomberg Professional App cost?
    12-04-14 03:13 PM
    I downloaded the Bloomberg app from the Amazon App store it seems to me working for me no problems with it and it was free.

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    12-04-14 04:42 PM