I've got a Q10, which after 4 months developed the double typing issue on some letters.

Now I am thinking of getting a Passport. But am I worried about the keyboard. How does the keyboard behaves after intensive use of a couple of months? Are there any issues, such as the double typing?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 02:53 AM
    Well you posted at least two months too early, since the majority of people are barely in their second month of owning the device. Considering the really bad availability until sometime early to mid November, many people are within their first month of use.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-08-14 03:30 AM
    12-08-14 03:53 AM
    Well you posted at least two months too early, since the majority of people are barely in their second month of owning the device. Considering the really bad availability until sometime early to mid November, many people are within their first month of use.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your opinion! Any constructive inputs?

I see you participate in other threads about the double typing issue, such as in the thread started by a customer in North Africa. You could have at least mentioned that there are issues. I am sorry to see that some new devices have faulty keyboards. So, it is not a problem of 4 months devices, it is also an issue which may be present in new devices.

I hope CB readers and BlackBerry PP users will testimony that I am wrong, since I would really like to hear that malfunctioning PPs are only rare exceptions.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 04:02 AM
    Have had my Passport since launch and no issues with keyboard ie double typing etc. Keys have loosened up a bit but that's to be expected other than a little bit of keyboard light bleed, I can't fault the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:52 AM
    I moved from a Q10 to the Passport so I know about the Q10 's double letter flaw first hand.

I've had my Passport since launch and no double characters.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-08-14 06:17 AM
    Thank you for your opinion! Any constructive inputs?

I see you participate in other threads about the double typing issue, such as in the thread started by a customer in North Africa. You could have at least mentioned that there are issues. I am sorry to see that some new devices have faulty keyboards. So, it is not a problem of 4 months devices, it is also an issue which may be present in new devices.

I hope CB readers and BlackBerry PP users will testimony that I am wrong, since I would really like to hear that malfunctioning PPs are only rare exceptions.

Posted via CB10
    I actually thought this would be a constructive input. As you already pointed out, most of the double-typing issues developed after at least three months, better four to six months on the Q10 units. With the Passport only available since roughly just two months, it is a bit too early to actually comment on that. I indeed participate a lot on those double-typing threads, because my Q10 also suffered from it, starting about six months after I purchased it.It is not an uncommon problem and I sincerely wish BlackBerry would've been more open regarding these issues.

Back to the Passport:
    I recieved mine about five weeks ago and have not encountered any double-typing. The only keyboard related problems I discovered until now were a weird behaviour outsides on a chilly day (check this thread) and, just about an hour ago, my keyboard simply stopped working in mid of a WhatsApp conversation. Shortcuts in apps like compose a mail within the Hub worked, but typing didn't. I simply restarted the device and everything is fine again.

In addition all we know is Dhabkirk, who usually is very well informed, stated the keyboards of both the Passport and the Classic won't have any double-typing. I guess time will tell how that goes. Considering no(?) Q5 had such an issue so far, I hope the Q10 was just an unfortunate and bad example of engineering faults.
    12-08-14 06:24 AM
    I actually thought this would be a constructive input. As you already pointed out, most of the double-typing issues developed after at least three months, better four to six months on the Q10 units. With the Passport only available since roughly just two months, it is a bit too early to actually comment on that. I indeed participate a lot on those double-typing threads, because my Q10 also suffered from it, starting about six months after I purchased it.It is not an uncommon problem and I sincerely wish BlackBerry would've been more open regarding these issues.

Back to the Passport:
    I recieved mine about five weeks ago and have not encountered any double-typing. The only keyboard related problems I discovered until now were a weird behaviour outsides on a chilly day (check this thread) and, just about an hour ago, my keyboard simply stopped working in mid of a WhatsApp conversation. Shortcuts in apps like compose a mail within the Hub worked, but typing didn't. I simply restarted the device and everything is fine again.

In addition all we know is Dhabkirk, who usually is very well informed, stated the keyboards of both the Passport and the Classic won't have any double-typing. I guess time will tell how that goes. Considering no(?) Q5 had such an issue so far, I hope the Q10 was just an unfortunate and bad example of engineering faults.
    I have highly appreciated your comment! Thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 09:16 AM
    I have had no double typing issues, but I will mention that the keyboard is pretty stiff. I've had mine for about a month, and the keyboard hasn't loosened up as far as I can tell. It doesn't present much of a challenge when typing other than punching the keys a little harder than that of a Bold or Q10. I barely notice how I type after a month now so it's something you can easily get used to.

Hope that helps...
    12-08-14 09:54 AM
    Only about a week in and no double typing issues. Never experienced it on my Q10.
    Initially my keyboard was noticeably stiff. Almost too stiff. I noticed it straight away. Thinking back, it must have loosened rather quickly because it feels perfect now. The stiffness was broken in within a day.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    12-08-14 11:22 AM
    Yep, sadly. Facing double typing on the 'c' and 'v' letters on my 3 month-old passport :-/
    12-23-14 12:33 PM
    Two and half months of use, no issue yet!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-23-14 03:31 PM
    Qwerty phones in my house:

Mine:
    Passport = no issues
    Q10 = no issues.

Wife:
    White Q10 = no issues
    Red Q5 = no issues
    12-23-14 04:08 PM
    No issue here with my 2.5 months old Passport.

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    12-23-14 09:03 PM
    Had my phone just over 2 1/2 months with no issue.
    12-23-14 10:25 PM
    (-: Nnoo iissuueess wwiitthh ddoouubbllee ttyyppiinng hheerree........ -

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:34 PM
    None on mine. Working just great. Used it for only several weeks thus far though.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-23-14 10:36 PM