For those that have followed my Z30 unresponsive screen thread will know that my Z30 is not working. My wallet was stolen last month and I placed an Initial Fraud Alert on my credit which means that if anybody tries to pull my credit I will receive a phone call with the number I put in (my cell phone number) verifying that I am actually the one attempting to obtain credit from somewhere. I would get a call stating "AT&T is attempting to access your credit, we just need to verify that this is you".

I gave my Z10 to my sister and my father has a Verizon Z10. My mother has a AT&T Z10, but since my Z30 is Verizon that is probably of no help. If I were to take my sister's Verizon SIM out and put mine in her phone, will that change the number to my number? It does not change anything else on the phone? What a mess! Still waiting on the Passport to be delivered and will be going to work shortly.

Does anybody know if I can put my Verizon SIM in my father or sister's Z10 and anybody that calls my phone number would then be calling that phone therefore allowing me to answer any calls to my number?

Thanks in advance, I will be working and reply back in a few!!! Everyone has been so helpful today with my Z30 issue and I hope that works out with the mouse and then backup via link!
    10-06-14 04:09 PM
    If you put your Verizon SIM card, in your sister (or father's) *Verizon* Z10s, then it will receive calls and SMS directed to your number (and use your data). However, they won't be able to receive calls/sms to their number.

Nothing else should change in their device (unless you save contacts to your SIM card, in which case those will appear).
    10-06-14 06:22 PM
    Thank you so much. That is what I was hoping for. I am hoping that my sister will let me borrow her phone just so I can go to AT&T and set up the Passport. Otherwise, my dad will be home around 5pm and will take his SIM card out and put mine in his Verizon Z10 so if the credit agencies call my number I will be able to answer and verify as they have my cell number as the one to call.

Hopefully the mouse setup will work for my Z30 issue as those passwords are imperative to my functioning with work and personal. I am not going to activate the Passport until the USB/mouse come tomorrow because I am unsure if I will still be able to backup the Z30 after I cutoff Verizon and service to the device. I will update that thread though when I receive the mouse and USB OTG tomorrow... then heading to AT&T

Oh and by the way, came home from work with a nice box on the table and getting ready to open the Passport to see what this thing looks like in reality! Exciting. I knew someone would have an answer to the SIM card question. I was thinking I should have simplified it and skipped the background information lol. Thanks for the info... hopefully there will be no problems backing up the Z30 then activating the Passport... more waiting is gonna hurt though. Thanks!!!
    10-06-14 09:37 PM
    Well now that you explain it, I get why you included the background info about the credit agencies (you need to be able to receive the verification calls to the number on file)! At first I didn't quite get it... hahaha

Anyway, you should still be able to retrieve whatever is working from the Z30 with or without Verizon service. Having wifi should be enough, if at all needed.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:44 PM
    lol... I thought it may have seemed confusing as I know many people here switch SIM cards around devices and I didn't get any quick replies (I don't mess around with the SIM card obviously). Yeah I had to put an alert as everything was in my wallet (SS Card, Birth Cert, etc.), but OMG I just opened the Passport box and I am in love. Was not sure about having a phone with a keyboard or even paying without a subsidy, but it is freakin amazing looking. Can't wait until I can actually use it lol...

I noticed on the outside of the box it says Made in Mexico for BlackBerry Canada. I am in the US, but pretty sure that is irrelevant as BB is a Canadian company, not sure. Also, the invoice listed has it priced at $699 rather than $599, but I just checked my card and they charged my card the correct amount; weird?
    10-06-14 10:09 PM
    lol... I thought it may have seemed confusing as I know many people here switch SIM cards around devices and I didn't get any quick replies (I don't mess around with the SIM card obviously). Yeah I had to put an alert as everything was in my wallet (SS Card, Birth Cert, etc.), but OMG I just opened the Passport box and I am in love. Was not sure about having a phone with a keyboard or even paying without a subsidy, but it is freakin amazing looking. Can't wait until I can actually use it lol...

I noticed on the outside of the box it says Made in Mexico for BlackBerry Canada. I am in the US, but pretty sure that is irrelevant as BB is a Canadian company, not sure. Also, the invoice listed has it priced at $699 rather than $599, but I just checked my card and they charged my card the correct amount; weird?
    Looks like you may have received a device that originally had been earmarked for canada. No difference though other than perhaps the box and contents being English and French rather than English and Spanish. Device itself would be identical.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:45 PM
    Yeah, seems like these are made in Mexico (which is common for BlackBerry). As as the price tag. Supposedly the $599 is an "introductory sale" price to get people interested. So far it seems to be working because they've been sold out ever since.

I noticed you are also switching from Verizon to ATT, have you picked out your plan or package yet? I'm trying to figure out what will work best for two lines. Since I have my devices already, hopefully I can take advantage of their no-annual-contract plan that gives you a bit of a discount per device. Let me know what you end up going with (if you haven't already).

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:48 PM
    Yup not sure if my device was meant for Canada. Hopefully that won't matter or maybe I'll get lucky with the IMEI number on AT&T and get LTE with the Passport's number. At this point I am not sure what plan I am going with. Depending on the credit thing (had to remove a freeze and have a fraud alert for new inquiries) and if I could not get that resolved I was going to go with their prepaid just to get started, but chatted and there is just 4G, no LTE on their prepaid.

Did take a look at the front page post regarding prepaid plans just for the hell of it. Doesn't seem bad actually; I could just throw a bunch of money on it and when I run out add more, but would def like to utilize LTE capabilities. Not that I was even thinking prepaid anyway... I am finally leaving my grandfathered unlimited data plan on Verizon.

Honestly I was usually only around 1.5-2 gigs/month without even monitoring if I am on wifi or not, but did enjoy the peace of mind with not having to worry or monitor data usage. Just mostly am on wifi. The only time I would rack up some data would be when I do group therapy and use the HDMI out to play documentaries for the adolescents I work with.

Also, as for AT&T post-paid I should have a company discount of 24%. Not sure how much the taxes, etc. come out to be. Going to take a look at my Verizon bill just to get an idea of the taxes and other fees they hit you with as well as a better idea of my data usage. Will let everyone know how it all goes when activated.

I only have 1 line, couldn't convince my mom to ditch the old AT&T unlimited plan and jump on a more everything plan as the more devices the better the data and pricing... I guess we will see and I'll share the details of how it works out.
    10-06-14 11:16 PM
    Ah.. no... all the box is saying is that it was made in Mexico, for the company "BlackBerry Canada.". Doesn't say anything about its intended destination.

Yeah I'm on the same boat,... been holding on to my Verizon unlimited data plan. Also hardly go past 1Gb so it's really just been a psychological "just in case" type of thing. Ah well... time to move on.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:21 PM
    I should mention from talking with AT&T if I were to get say a 2 gig plan and I go over; they automatically give me an extra gig of data for $15 upping it to 3 gig and so on. I was told this is their "penalty" charge as their normal data runs around $10 per gig of data.
    10-06-14 11:23 PM
    Ah.. no... all the box is saying is that it was made in Mexico, for the company "BlackBerry Canada.". Doesn't say anything about its intended destination.

Yeah I'm on the same boat,... been holding on to my Verizon unlimited data plan. Also hardly go past 1Gb so it's really just been a psychological "just in case" type of thing. Ah well... time to move on.

Posted via CB10
    LOL Exactly... A friend of mine had been begging me to change telling me how stupid it is for me to be overpaying, but I just said I would rather pay an extra $20 or whatever a month for the peace of mind knowing that I don't have to worry about extra charges or some randomly high bill.
    10-06-14 11:25 PM
    Great to know that you have your Passport! I just hope the coming weeks will be nicer to you than the last few.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 11:38 PM
    Great to know that you have your Passport! I just hope the coming weeks will be nicer to you than the last few.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    Thanks! Everyone here has been a great help. If the Z30 backs up smoothly tomorrow with the USB OTG and I don't have any problems with the credit check R/T the stolen wallet and using my father's Z10 with my SIM for credit verification, my bad luck streak should hopefully end! I will say just holding the device on first impression it is definitely not too big or wide coming from a Z30 from what I expected. The screen size is actually perfect and I never thought I would ever own a keyboard smartphone, but the keys feel great and was an excellent move from the Z30. Well worth it and I haven't even used 10.3 or the Passport yet... all just from aesthetics and how it feels in the hand, etc. Thanks a lot!
    10-06-14 11:52 PM