Really? From what I understood at one time, those with unlocked devices gets the updates in a timely fashion. For some reason we get shafted with the new update!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cablewithaview; 07-25-15 at 09:54 PM.
    07-25-15 05:54 PM
    Just download and drag the blitz file into Sachesi. Your update will be completed in a matter of minutes, and will be non-destructive.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1026486

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    gfondeur likes this.
    07-25-15 05:56 PM
    Well, I would however I'm using a beta version of OS X on my Mac and Sachesi won't work. I don't want to go thru the process of re doing the computer.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 05:59 PM
    Well, I would however I'm using a beta version of OS X on my Mac and Sachesi won't work. I don't want to go thru the process of re doing the computer.

Posted via CB10
    Surely you have access to more computers. Work? Neighbour?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    extisis and gfondeur like this.
    07-25-15 06:01 PM
    I would also like to know why? Main reason I purchased an Unlocked Passport!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 06:01 PM
    Omg shut up. It's nothing different or revolutionary. Everyone complaining they don't have the update and I notice nothing different except amazon app store. All these whiney threads should be closed as soon as they start
    07-25-15 06:10 PM
    It's about spending the damn money for an unlock to have the privilege before others and I have a damn problem with this.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 06:30 PM
    My unlocked on the TELUS network got the update.
    Call your carrier and ask them what the problem is.
    07-25-15 06:59 PM
    After update it got slower.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 07:09 PM
    Omg shut up. It's nothing different or revolutionary. Everyone complaining they don't have the update and I notice nothing different except amazon app store. All these whiney threads should be closed as soon as they start
    Lol someone's in a bad mood

Sent from my Passport
    shakur_steve1 likes this.
    07-25-15 07:12 PM
    ...Call your carrier and ask them what the problem is.
    Ya, I am sure that works! :-)
    andy n likes this.
    07-25-15 07:13 PM
    Ya, I am sure that works! :-)
    It'll have as good or better success rate than ******** here...
    07-25-15 07:23 PM
    It'll have as good or better success rate than ******** here...
    Don't think so. You definitely find more useful information here in these forums than what Carriers give you!
    07-25-15 07:43 PM
    Don't think so. You definitely find more useful information here in these forums than what Carriers give you!
    That is very true. If ATT and Verizon can't shove a Samsung or Apple up your ****, they don't care.

Posted via CB10
    blambtn likes this.
    07-25-15 07:57 PM
    Dunno... mines unlocked... got it Atleast a week ago, maybe more.

on the road with my BlackBerry
    07-25-15 08:08 PM
    The word is ''unlocked'' not ''unlock''

Posted via CB10
    iToya likes this.
    07-25-15 09:37 PM
    Lol someone's in a bad mood

Sent from my Passport
    I kinda was buy in general, so many threads about not getting a kinda useless update. I still have call and answer lag which is annoying on it own. My buddy who had a unlocked classic got the update like a month ago or so :s (on fido)
    07-25-15 10:13 PM
    They are differences.

1. The calendar has now the growing numbers back, and you can turn the dots off.

2. The calendar notifications sounds are now longer than 3 seconds. That's very important. I have missed too many notifications because the sounds are played too short.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.1.2708)
    07-26-15 03:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    im soooooooo glad I don't use apple
    gfondeur likes this.
    07-26-15 06:31 AM
    The OS probably still need to be carrier approved prior to being pushed to unlocked phones. Otherwise if there was a problem on the network, BlackBerry would be liable. In other words, once it has carrier approval BlackBerry can push it to phones it supports, the carrier can decide when it is ready to push it to their phones and handle any support calls as a result of update glitches.

For example, the Rogers network was down across Canada yesterday. In a news report it mentioned the last time this happened , a few years ago, it was caused by a software update. They may be referring to a network software update, but it shows how a poorly tested software can bring down a cell network.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 06:56 AM
    The OS probably still need to be carrier approved prior to being pushed to unlocked phones. Otherwise if there was a problem on the network, BlackBerry would be liable. In other words, once it has carrier approval BlackBerry can push it to phones it supports, the carrier can decide when it is ready to push it to their phones and handle any support calls as a result of update glitches.

For example, the Rogers network was down across Canada yesterday. In a news report it mentioned the last time this happened , a few years ago, it was caused by a software update. They may be referring to a network software update, but it shows how a poorly tested software can bring down a cell network.

Posted via CB10
    No. Factory unlocked devices bought from shopBlackberry or Amazon NA get updates directly without any screening by carriers.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    bungaboy, TgeekB, gfondeur and 1 others like this.
    07-26-15 07:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think you just answered your own question. "I'm using a beta version of OS X". If you use beta anything, you're open to problems. I've had my Passport since January and gotten all the updates. The latest was a week ago. Did you try Link to see if it'll get your update?

What version of BB10 do you have?
    07-26-15 07:47 AM
    You may have to reload your OS using BlackBerry link. What happens when you check for updates ?
    07-26-15 08:09 AM
    I think you just answered your own question. "I'm using a beta version of OS X". If you use beta anything, you're open to problems. I've had my Passport since January and gotten all the updates. The latest was a week ago. Did you try Link to see if it'll get your update?

What version of BB10 do you have?
    Yes, I tried Link and it said I had the latest update. 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 08:57 AM
    It seems to be Carrier specific. I think that you are on AT&T and that might be the problem. All the unlocked devices I have up here (Classic, Passport, Z30) are all updated on Bell and Rogers in Canada.

Try connecting to your MAC using BlackBerry LINK (Please do yourself a favour and go get the latest version at https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...844B474D04114F ) and then "Check for Updates" in there.

Good luck!

PS: The main things in this revision are security related: It's not "just the Amazon store". There is support for PGP encrypted email to drive spying eyes crazy and then there is personal security of BlackBerry Protect: From now on your phone is a worthless brick to anyone who takes it from you if they don't know your BBID and Password. Even wiping the phone will not help.
    07-26-15 09:30 AM
89 123 ...