I'm just making sure it's not just me. I notice that when accessing any Android app on my passport, the app hangs and the Passport freezes to the extent of almost having to do a reboot. In fact I usually get to the turning off screen and cancel, as that does the trick.
    This happens 30-45% of the time. Apps like EBAY, or even aptoide's library.
    And Google play services might as well not exist as they always crash.
    Yes I have Cobalt's stuff.
    Anyone else have this issue?
    This also makes me wonder what happens on regular android stuff.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 06:15 AM
    I don't know what might be wrong with the Cobalt Method on your PP. I have an Android and mine runs smooth as buttah.
    Must be something to do with the BBOS and lack of new Android runtime. or the hardware configuration. Or maybe you have conflicting apps?
    I don't see other PP owners with the same issues, so I hope one of them who is able to run Android apps successfully can give you some tips. Maybe start by removing the app and reinstalling it?
    09-30-16 06:33 AM
    ...Okay, so it isn't just me.... lol. Having the same issue. Getting annoyed to the point of either getting the Priv or maybe, just maybe going PP SE and trying to get the "Cobalt Experience" on it.... second option looking rather sexy since ShopBB now has PP SE at $299...
    09-30-16 09:15 AM
    I can't get Cobalt method to work ....I thought I did everything exactly as per directions...and I tried from scratch a number of times...I always got "requires Google playtime" or something to that effect as I recall...it's quite a while since I tried and gave up ) :

I thought it was just me too
    09-30-16 12:27 PM
    I usually close all Android apps and start them again. It works fine.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-30-16 03:46 PM
    I can't get Cobalt method to work ....I thought I did everything exactly as per directions...and I tried from scratch a number of times...I always got "requires Google playtime" or something to that effect as I recall...it's quite a while since I tried and gave up ) :

Some apps need to be patched...did you do that using cobalts method?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-30-16 08:13 PM

Sometimes I will run an apk (android app) and get the message that it requires google play services. I just close the warning dialog and the app still functions fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 08:23 PM
    Sometimes I will run an apk (android app) and get the message that it requires google play services. I just close the warning dialog and the app still functions fine.

Posted via CB10
    But in that case, for some apps it would mean that you don't get notifications from it. Some won't even work

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-30-16 08:33 PM
    Snap v3 works well. Google maps works good but it won't allow you to sign in

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 05:36 AM
    The Passport doesn't need Android, the OS is so polished and refined

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 07:14 AM