Well,

After using both extensively to take advantage of Android Apps being always up to date, here are my findings.

GPS (Google play Services) - Even though this shows up

The Android Banking Apps for TD and RBC on the Passport-img_20151006_082928.png

I was worries at first but I just pressed OK and proceeded. I logged on with RBC and so far so good with no issues.

The Android Banking Apps for TD and RBC on the Passport-img_20151006_082957.png

When depositing cheques...

The Android Banking Apps for TD and RBC on the Passport-img_20151006_090011.png

You will notice that the pictue on the view finder is skewed obviously due to the Passport's square screen.

The Android Banking Apps for TD and RBC on the Passport-img_20151006_090438.png

But when you allow it to continue on...it takes the picture, it tells you to move closer and add more light if needed and when it does snap and take the picture...it comes out the exact shape of the cheques.

Here is a test photo of a piece of paper that's the same dimensions as a business cheque.

The Android Banking Apps for TD and RBC on the Passport-img_20151006_090446.png

The Android Banking Apps for TD and RBC on the Passport-img_20151006_090520.png

Here's the front accepted and ready for the back to done using the same procedure.

The Android Banking Apps for TD and RBC on the Passport-img_20151006_090529.png

When both front and back are done...just enter the amount, the account and press the top part of the BLUE bar at the bottom (again because it's on the Passport's square screen, the "Deposit" button is lying underneath that BLUE bar. You can see roughly a millimeter of the grey "Deposit" button peeking out at the top of that BLUE bar. So again to deposit...just tap the top part of that BLUE bar.

I've been happily depositing cheques with no issues whatsoever. I haven't tried the RBC mobile wallet (NFC tap) since I'm happily using the native BB10 app "Ugo Wallet" which works flawlessly.

TD Android app...so far works like the RBC Android app with the exception of the cheque deposit. As much as it looks very simple and easy to use...

The Android Banking Apps for TD and RBC on the Passport-img_20151006_084427.png

The Android Banking Apps for TD and RBC on the Passport-img_20151006_084548.png

The Android Banking Apps for TD and RBC on the Passport-img_20151006_084638.png

The photos are skewed and will not un-skew itself. The RBC Android app does and as I said earlier have no problems and have been doing it for roughly half a year.

TD mobile wallet I haven't used as the UGO app that I use extensively uses my TD visa. It's weird how the UGO app (native BB10) , partnered with TD to make that app yet their own TD BB10 app is far from being on par with their Android app with the exception of cheque deposit being used on the Passport.

Well if RBC can un-skew a photo perfectly, i'm sure TD can do the same. Again...this all on a square Passport so I'm sure if still had my Z30, I would not have this problem.

So to recap...RBC Android app all works well including mobile deposit. TD Android app all good except for the distorted skewed photos for mobile deposit for the Passport.

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    yyz321 likes this.
    10-06-15 11:34 AM
    I use the RBC app from Blackberry World. Never had an issue with it (on Classic). I'm wondering if it's a native OS10 or not.
    If it is, I would use that before using the Android version.
    10-06-15 01:34 PM
    With the Android app, have you tried swiping down from the top, selecting the icon on the right which is "size" and selecting the center option or the far right option in how the Passport renders the screen. That may help control the skewed image.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 01:48 PM