Hi all,
    I will introduce myself first of all. I have used Blackberry's for almost ten years now, absolutely love them and would never consider an iphone!! I get a lot of stick for having a Blackberry as everyone I know has an iphone!

Anyway, just got a Passport and love it. I have heard you can download Android apps on the Passport but with some sideloading of other apps?

Can anyone advise me how I can make this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Jack
    11-14-14 06:12 PM
    First off you should have the Amazon store on your phone which will give you access to some android apps. You can sideload Snap, do a search in the forum for it.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:41 PM
    Hi there, and welcome to Crackberry! Always good to bring new friends into the community.

As you've been told, there are a few ways to get Android apps on your BlackBerry. And since you have a Passport, you already have the easiest one installed: the Amazon App Store. APK files can be downloaded straight from there.

The second way is by using a sideloaded app called Snap. This thread has all the information on downloading and installing Snap (which is only SLIGHTLY involved):

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-1-a-874153/

Note that while Snap provides you access to Google Play, there's no guarantee that everything you download from there will either install or run. Any apps that depend on Google Play Services (most of Google's own apps, for instance), won't run. Most others do, though, and run quite well.

Again, welcome!
    andy957 likes this.
    11-14-14 06:44 PM
    SNAP..-> must have
    11-14-14 07:07 PM
    Here's what I have installed, Snap, 1Mobile Market and Aptoide.
    Android Apps on Passport.-apps.png

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:57 PM
    Get 1mobile market droid app.

CB10 - Passport
    11-14-14 09:28 PM
    Amazan has a resonable range of older apps, I have Snap on my Z30, if I need any newer Android apps, I just bluetooth them to the passport

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-14-14 11:36 PM
    For those looking for some free andoid apps for their Passport, Amazon has a good selection until the 15th.
    [Amazon Android App Store] Over $80 in Handy Paid Apps *Free - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
    11-15-14 12:15 AM