Your biggest release in years and you can�t manage the demand of the product in the firs week, very good blackberry...

They should have at least one million devices ready to distribute inmediatly, and another million comming in lest than two weeks. but no, sold 200.000 and no more devices for who knows when.

People don�t want to wait when the new iphone 6, and the best android phones are being launching this month.
    09-29-14 04:35 PM
    Depends on how you look at it really.. BlackBerry in the past had the problem with filling channels with TOO MUCH inventory that people weren't buying, which led to them having to eat the cost on a ton of devices. They're being smart and avoiding that this time around as I see it.
    09-29-14 05:06 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry... or congrats on finally posting in the CB Forums anyway!)
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you. (Still says you have Curve 8310... Yikes!)

I believe I read that Amazon was expecting to be shipping again by Oct 6th, so that's not too bad. Would have been nice if they could have mustered some by Sept 30, just for the optics of it still being Sept.

BBRY is in a difficult position. Make too many and financial risk was too great, vs slow down production (slightly) so as not to overproduce but with risk of availability suffering. The latter was/is the safer choice for BBRY until they're on more solid ground, with proven device release success.

This isn't an issue unique to BBRY either. Take the iPad mini 2 from Apple. There was virtually no doubt it would be a hit, yet several variants weren't available for weeks. Could be bad planning or could be there are reasons behind the scenes that we don't see.
    09-29-14 05:13 PM
    To be fair with such an ambitious device ad the targetted release that Chen has stated, i dont think they would have had 1M devices ready to go on day one, but a phased rollout. Chen clearly stated he wanted to give Canadians the device first and then roll it out worldwide. We are all very excited about the new Passport and mine is on order internationally because it is not available in Australia, but i believe it is better for Blackberry (as a company) to understock than to overstock and write the unsold devices off like previous generations.

Amazon US have stated they are expected further stock quantities this week with a number of markets having the device available from 1 October.
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-29-14 05:15 PM
    They are taking orders though again. They weren't for couple days. Should mean something unless the same thing happens lol.

Will be ordering tonight. Just hope ATT doesn't get it in store first, or then I have to cancel etc. And just grab at store lol.
    Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    09-29-14 05:22 PM
    If you were head honcho, do you really want the market to perceive that you have plenty of supply available on such a major release for bb?

No. Perception is reality. Even if they're not selling like hot cakes, you still want to limit supply to create the illusion of demand. Makes you want it even more. Just don't go too far with it.
    09-29-14 05:24 PM
    If you were head honcho, do you really want the market to perceive that you have plenty of supply available on such a major release for bb?

No. Perception is reality. Even if they're not selling like hot cakes, you still want to limit supply to create the illusion of demand. Makes you want it even more. Just don't go too far with it.
    You mean like they did with the Z10? Talk about illusion for demand...
    09-29-14 05:32 PM
    Welcome to the forums, Roger. I'm not sure for how long you've been following BlackBerry, but as some of the people already mentioned in here, BlackBerry has done a pretty poor job in the past dealing with inventory - exceeding demand, with supply. They took some pretty big inventory write-off hits with the Z10, and also with the Playbook. Obviously, in a perfect world, they would be able to guess the demand exactly, and produce that many units, but we know that's impossible for any company to do. It always sucks when someone who wants something 'now' has to wait to get it, but it sucks a LOT more (for the company and its shareholders) when you have something to sell and nobody wants it - you can always produce more, but unfortunately, you can't un-produce what has already been made.

I think BlackBerry did the right thing, and produced a modest amount, to gauge demand. They even got some really good write-ups about having sold out of all of their initial stock - you can't pay for good press like that. I'm not happy that it doesn't seem to be coming to Verizon, but that's a whole separate issue!
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-29-14 05:48 PM

Haha yup, it's working with my friend right now. He's dying for one even more just because he knows he can't

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:54 PM
    I'm not so bothered with being out of stock.
    I think they have a tough job to plan inventory when they're releasing in 30 countries in 3 months.

My main gripe is that there is no guidance on when they will be available.
    The IP6+ was backordered, but everyone who ordered got a ship date when they ordered.

I've been flopping back and forth between Amazon and eBay today....
    09-29-14 09:43 PM
    You snooze you lose? Got mine at 10am store opening on launch day LOLs
    09-29-14 09:53 PM
    Anyone, any update from amazon on when stock will be back?

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    10-01-14 06:54 AM
    Also I believe the 200,000 devices sold is just between Amazon and shop BlackBerry. I haven't seen any Telus numbers yet.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:21 AM
    2 posts since 2009!! Seriously

From my Z30 ? 10.3
    10-01-14 07:23 AM

People don�t want to wait when the new iphone 6, and the best android phones are being launching this month.
    Uh, yea they do. If you don't order the iPhone 6 on launch day you wait weeks (like my friend).

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154 = heaven.
    10-01-14 07:38 AM
    I ordered on Sept 29th when they were taking orders for a very brief period.
    It is being sold by Amazon Export sales and not Blackberry as it shows right now.

No updated status or delivery emails as yet on my order at least.
    10-01-14 07:38 AM