I'm hoping this is not the future of design for BlackBerry. The Passport was my first BlackBerry and I adore the design. The black and silver is stunning. It's a great mix between class and corporate.

The Silver Edition? It looks cheap. It looks like a toy. It has exposed grills and holes, and the black textured back is completely inconsistent to the rest of the design. It's completely muddled.

I was beginning to understand the release of the device - at least, I was when I was reading rumours that this was going to be a cheaper device sold in Eastern markets. Makes sense. But this is the 'premium' Passport? Don't make me laugh. It's hideous.

Also, why release this device? What's the point? It's the same as the Passport and offers no real functional difference. Surely at a time where BlackBerry is struggling on the device front, they should be pushing the current (and might I add, fantastic) range, and working to ensure that this upcoming slider is perfect?

Sorry for the negativity, but I'm hoping I'm not the only one thinking this!
    08-04-15 01:17 PM
    The original Passport does have a more focused aesthetic. Definitely more refined, and cooler at that. The new Silver Passport is a bit of a ill-placed homage to the old Braun/Rams look that Apple has been cribbing for so long. I don't think it matters if the new Silver Passport is better built, which it definitely looks to be. That's why I'm grabbing one.
    08-04-15 01:40 PM
    I think you really are one of the only ones who doesn't love it. It looks really premium. This is one of the best looking smartphones on the market IMO.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my BlackBerry doesn't have an app for that.
    08-04-15 02:32 PM
    ye its fugly. i would say maybe if the top corners were also rounded, but its too damn ugly this way
    andy957 likes this.
    08-04-15 02:38 PM
    I have the original pp
    It's a nightmare with regards to refinement. Almost nothing on the phone sits perfectly flush/symmetric. The silver edition looks one hundred times better with regards to quality thanks to a consistent bezel all around, like the ATT passport.

And I've had 5 passports so far and none of them have been consistent with regards to attention to detail and refinement.
    08-04-15 02:39 PM
    How much are going being paid to complain??????

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 02:41 PM
    How much are going being paid to complain??????

Posted via CB10
    You aren't seriously suggesting I'm being paid to complain are you?
    08-04-15 02:58 PM
    You're not the only one. This product is a result of lazy design and no vision. Rehashing an old product by retooling the case and then releasing it as "new" is utterly embarrassing. Nobody does this. Nobody.

When was the last time Samsung, HTC, LG, Apple, etc. released a new flagship device that was exactly the same as the old device, just with a new case? The closest anyone comes to this is Apple with 5C, though at least they did make it clear that it was supposed to be a "cheap" version. Even with Apple's backing that product was a huge failure. BlackBerry just took the idea to an unheard-of level.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 03:04 PM
    Reminds me of a MacBook pro, which I also happen to like

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    08-04-15 03:38 PM
    If the chin has the same silver paint my Z30 has then I'm pretty sure I won't like it. That silver painted plastic will take away any premium look the metal gives it.
    08-04-15 03:42 PM
    If the chin has the same silver paint my Z30 has then I'm pretty sure I won't like it. That silver painted plastic will take away any premium look the metal gives it.
    It's all stainless steel

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 03:45 PM
    I suppose I should say that I don't "hate" the phone. It's just a sub-optimal decision by lazy management with no vision or direction. It is not what BlackBerry needs at this time.
    08-04-15 03:51 PM
    I don't have any reason to hate it, but I prefer original Passport definitely. In my opinion, original one (especially in red lol) looks better!
    andy957 and SharifHassan like this.
    08-04-15 03:55 PM
    Silver was probably developed for a specific carrier, my guess T-Mobile, who decided not to buy the phone. When that carrier said no, BlackBerry decided it liked the device and thought a refresh might boost sales.

As for who else does this, Samsung does. It makes an S6 and an S6 active, which is just an S6 in a different case.

I don't think that anyone thinks that this is the phone that is going to save BlackBerry. This is just something to prop up sales on the year old Passport. It'll keep things going for a few months until Slider is released.

I like the way it looks. The silver and black contrast is something I hope we see on Slider.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and tmf06 like this.
    08-04-15 04:09 PM
    I like it but it keeps getting heavier.
    08-04-15 04:14 PM
    I like it but it keeps getting heavier.
    Do we have a list weight yet?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 04:21 PM
    I find the phone ugly but after a good review en good pictures.

I must say I love the look of the back, but I don't like the upper front. Still keeping my Passport.

Am I the only one who hates the Silver Edition?-back-silvwe.jpg
    08-04-15 04:35 PM
    The Specs on the Passport are top notch. OS 10 isn't built to be in a specs race, the Passport needed refinement and here it is. Most of us blackberry users appreciate the re design and are more than happy with the exact same specs. The phone is $550 brand new unlocked with a ton of accessories. Iphones and androids with the same specs retail for 700-900$ and they still lag etc. The Passport is a great device I'm glad they recognize that and refined it accordingly.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 05:03 PM
    I do think that original passport looks better but some people wants to support blackberry! I personally really like red and white passports. Silver really did not attract me but it's personal preference.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    08-04-15 05:15 PM
    One thing I find odd is the screen bezel that has thicker top to accommodate Blackberry logo. Logo could have been easily embossed at the bottom below the keyboard and Silver Edition could have ended with the same height as the original Passport.

It could be they saved that space for T-Mobile screen print branding.

EDIT: Ok I've just watch hands-on video, its obvious as a day as Kevin drops the hint that this is a Porsche Design Passport without PD logo on it.
    08-04-15 05:28 PM
    I find the phone ugly but after a good review en good pictures.

I must say I love the look of the back, but I don't like the upper front. Still keeping my Passport.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back silvwe.jpg 
Views:	2841 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	365308
    I do like the back as well. But overall would prefer red or black. Personal preference again. I'll be keeping my black.

Sent*from*my**Passport�
    08-04-15 05:30 PM
    After seeing a close up pic I have to say I prefer the original. Don't like the front of the new one. The back isn't bad. But to each their own.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    One thing I find odd is the screen bezel that has thicker top to accommodate Blackberry logo. Logo could have been easily embossed at the bottom below the keyboard and Silver Edition could have ended with the same height as the original Passport.

It could be they saved that space for T-Mobile screen print branding.
    Ugh, missed opportunity. BlackBerry needs to remove their logo from the front completely, on second thought. Their designs are so distinctive that the could never be confused for another handset maker.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure the chin is steel i.e. not painted plastic?
    08-04-15 05:31 PM
    The Specs on the Passport are top notch. OS 10 isn't built to be in a specs race, the Passport needed refinement and here it is. Most of us blackberry users appreciate the re design and are more than happy with the exact same specs. The phone is $550 brand new unlocked with a ton of accessories. Iphones and androids with the same specs retail for 700-900$ and they still lag etc. The Passport is a great device I'm glad they recognize that and refined it accordingly.

Posted via CB10
    Well said!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    peterburns and MasterJediDan like this.
    08-04-15 05:44 PM
229 123 ...