Seems with all of the issues and problems I read about from installing 10.3.3 and with a perfectly good 10.3.2, why bother?

It hasn't hit my updater yet but when it does I think I'll ignore it.

Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Passport
    12-22-16 09:36 PM
    Its really not that much of an Update. Don't want it or need it.
    12-22-16 09:48 PM
    Well, the browser IS much better. That alone is a good reason.

Incidentally, I have no issues on any of my BB10 devices.
    12-22-16 09:52 PM
    I have no problems with my Z10 either. All fine here.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    12-22-16 09:58 PM

Explain.

How is it better?

He Hates These Cans! - Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Passport
    andy957 likes this.
    12-22-16 10:02 PM
    Explain.

How is it better?

He Hates These Cans! - Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Passport
    Text boxes on certain sites like Facebook finally work properly when typing quickly

Posted via CB10
    pizzawheel and valer466 like this.
    12-22-16 10:10 PM
    People have described issues with things like a Bluetooth connectivity to their pebble devices. I am temporarily or permanently using a vector smartwatch instead of a pebble but I'm worried about this connectivity also.

Can anyone report strange compatibility issues with Bluetooth devices?

(I should mention that I am on an AT&T device and may never see this update.)

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 10:17 PM
    I've had no issues on my Passport. Had to reset the Bluetooth in my car, but once it was reset it worked fine. Biggest improvement I've noticed is the battery life is better.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    jefbeard911 and valer466 like this.
    12-22-16 10:52 PM
    People have described issues with things like a Bluetooth connectivity to their pebble devices. I am temporarily or permanently using a vector smartwatch instead of a pebble but I'm worried about this connectivity also.

Can anyone report strange compatibility issues with Bluetooth devices?

(I should mention that I am on an AT&T device and may never see this update.)

Posted via CB10
    No issues with my Pebble at all. I had to re pair that's all.
    12-23-16 01:46 AM
    No issues with my Pebble at all. I had to re pair that's all.
    Cool! Good to hear this.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 04:40 AM
    For me, the ability to use WiFi calling on T-Mo is worth the price of admission.
    12-23-16 10:48 AM
    Nope. But it is not dumb at all. Basically you have to be ready for getting some problems after each update regardless of OS. Currently, the risk of 10.3.3 is a bit high though.
    12-23-16 11:14 AM
    For me, the ability to use WiFi calling on T-Mo is worth the price of admission.
    Totally agree.
    12-23-16 11:15 AM
    Seems with all of the issues and problems I read about from installing 10.3.3 and with a perfectly good 10.3.2, why bother?

It is human nature to hear all about the things that go wrong. And, conversely, you don't hear about things when they are right/good. There is NO updated OS ever, in the history of BB10, that has not been complained about by someone on here. 10.3.3 is no different. Most of the bluetooth connectivity issues here can be solved by re-pairing your devices. Overall, with only 1-2 exceptions (.2876 runtime fiasco etc) every iteration of BB10 has had an overall improvement to the OS experience IMHO.
    12-23-16 11:19 AM
    Although, using the radio from 10.3.2.2789 or 10.3.2.2813 would give you WiFi calling on 10.3.2.

DTEK60 / Z30
    12-23-16 11:20 AM
    Nope. But it is not dumb at all. Basically you have to be ready for getting some problems after each update regardless of OS. Currently, the risk of 10.3.3 is a bit high though.
    10.3.3 seems to be the OS with the least amount of issues compared to all the other times a bit OS jump came along.
    Plus the version released about a week after the initial release resolved a lot of the problems some people were having

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 11:26 AM
    The BIGGEST issue with this latest OS upgrade ( and for that matter all the previous OS's) is in downloading the files OTA.
    WiFi is not stable enough and the bandwidth speeds are not fast enough. If you are standing in the wrong direction, the wind blows the wrong way... if you get the tiniest glitch, you end up with a corrupt file and that means a corrupt OS.
    DOWNLOAD large file(like OS's) to your computer and connect it to your device with a USB cable.

It's that simple!

And by the way this upgrade fixes issues that some of you had and is primarily a maintenance OS.
    Maintenance is a GOOD thing. If you're not running the latest OS, you're device is not running as well as it should be.
    12-23-16 12:54 PM
    The BIGGEST issue with this latest OS upgrade ( and for that matter all the previous OS's) is in downloading the files OTA.
    WiFi is not stable enough and the bandwidth speeds are not fast enough. If you are standing in the wrong direction, the wind blows the wrong way... if you get the tiniest glitch, you end up with a corrupt file and that means a corrupt OS.
    DOWNLOAD large file(like OS's) to your computer and connect it to your device with a USB cable.

It's that simple!

And by the way this upgrade fixes issues that some of you had and is primarily a maintenance OS.
    Maintenance is a GOOD thing. If you're not running the latest OS, you're device is not running as well as it should be.
    I think it's more than that. WiFi downloads are just as good as cable - there are enough built-in checksums.

The real issue is autoloader versus non-destructive. There is too much variability in initial device states that make the non-destructive update process inherently flawed.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    12-23-16 01:03 PM
    Most of the complaining comes from people that don't know what they're doing. They'll blame the software, the weather, anything
    except themselves.
    I've been helping members for years with their issues .
    Turn off the 'Automatic" OTA download. and do as I suggested in my previous post. DO Not ignore this OS. unless, of course you like your device to run wonky!!
    12-23-16 01:10 PM

Does BBVE open on yours? That's the only issue I have is 10.3.3 borked BlackBerry's own diagnostic app. Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 01:10 PM
    Does BBVE open on yours? That's the only issue I have is 10.3.3 borked BlackBerry's own diagnostic app. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Sure does. No issue. It opens from the help app now.
    12-23-16 01:14 PM
    I think it's more than that. WiFi downloads are just as good as cable - there are enough built-in checksums.

The real issue is autoloader versus non-destructive. There is too much variability in initial device states that make the non-destructive update process inherently flawed.
    Yes! I agree except for your opinion regarding WiFi It's not just one thing.
    And when it comes to most anything, I usually wait to see what you have to say about it.
    I'm a member of the secret "conite" club. You probably don't even know it exists but then it doesn't. It's secret! and I'm a member.

(and I was never here)
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-23-16 01:18 PM
    I dont know why the carriers aren't pushing this thing out! I like it when my phone states theres an update available! Weathr or not they ever will! Who knows!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 01:35 PM
    Yes! I agree except for your opinion regarding WiFi It's not just one thing.
    And when it comes to most anything, I usually wait to see what you have to say about it.
    I'm a member of the secret "conite" club. You probably don't even know it exists but then it doesn't. It's secret! and I'm a member.

(and I was never here)http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0269.gif
    Rats. Now you're going to be sent to the gulag for revealing yourself.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    12-23-16 01:36 PM
    Rats. Now you're going to be sent to the gulag for revealing yourself.
    Come alone, Egor! Conite has banished us to the Gulag.
    12-23-16 01:39 PM
64 123