Hey everyone! I have been searching since last December for the version of Viber to run in the new BlackBerry 10.3.3.

After installing it using autoloader (I'm from the Philippines and sick and tired of waiting for the updates via my carrier) and so after updating, I love the way my phone is performing!!! And finally, i'm able to use eBay, Waze and Whatsapp on my phone with no problems and very efficiently (battery usage wise)...

But sad to say, Viber just stopped working for me. I have tried a lot of versions already and the closest thing I got was an introduction screen of Viber and suddenly shut down OR I was able to request a verification code BUT an error message occurs immediately and that's that!!!

Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 08:46 AM
    01-08-17 10:13 AM
    Yeah, i've tried this version and it doesn't work. After entering the mobile number, there's a sending error for the verification code of some sort and doesn't allow me to continue. I had originally thought there was a need for android runtime or something but nope nope nope...

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 04:24 PM
    Yeah, i've tried this version and it doesn't work. After entering the mobile number, there's a sending error for the verification code of some sort and doesn't allow me to continue. I had originally thought there was a need for android runtime or something but nope nope nope...

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what's going on, as this version seems to work for everyone else.
    01-08-17 04:33 PM
    Is there anything I should install before the viber application itself or is it just straight forward install and run?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 07:12 PM
    Is there anything I should install before the viber application itself or is it just straight forward install and run?

Posted via CB10
    Just install and run.
    01-08-17 07:14 PM
    Isn't this APK for android only? And not for blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 08:44 PM
    Isn't this APK for android only? And not for blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 as of 10.2.1 (which came out some years ago) can natively install APK files.
    01-08-17 08:46 PM
    Just install and run.
    Ok, I installed, run and about to re-register by submitting my mobile number but as soon as I submit my mobile number, there's an 'ERROR' message and nothing comes in my SMS...

I'm wondering if I'm inputting my number correctly

(+XX) XXX-XXX-XXXX.. should I add a "0" right after the country code? Either way, nothing works

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 09:47 PM
    Try this one that i'm using https://www.google.com.ph/url?q=http...qS4dLKYYCmjCaA

Sly, sly, sly...like a Demon's eye.
    01-09-17 02:08 AM
    unistall, reboot, reinstall. BTDT. Had the same issue.

I have installed the wrong version first and this never worked. Uninstalled everything, REBOOTED, and then installed this version above.
    01-09-17 03:35 AM
    Update: finally after contacting customer support of Viber, they did something and told me to enter my mobile number again after 12 hrs and try to activate it.

Since I was impatient, I tried it and viola! I have Viber up and running again!!! The only issue right now is that all my contacts are not on viber! For some reason,it looks like Viber only selected 9 contacts and placed them on Viber. Kinda odd and so I told my friends to add me back to the respective groups.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 08:59 AM
    Update: finally after contacting customer support of Viber, they did something and told me to enter my mobile number again after 12 hrs and try to activate it.

Since I was impatient, I tried it and viola! I have Viber up and running again!!! The only issue right now is that all my contacts are not on viber! For some reason,it looks like Viber only selected 9 contacts and placed them on Viber. Kinda odd and so I told my friends to add me back to the respective groups.

Posted via CB10
    Had this problem before. Seems like Viber as an android app doesnt communicate well with bb10 contacts. What i did was to backup all contacts, delete all of them, clear all local contacts and restore from backup. (i use Max Contact Manager if u like to know). Also i noticed the format of the contact should be without space.... like 0917 7xx xxxx doesnt work.

Btw, which version of viber finally work?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 05:08 PM
    thanks for the response! i'll try that solution out. As for the version, I used Viber 5.6.5.1873.

it still kinda odd how I needed the Viber support to activate my number (that's why they're there?) but if the fix is that simple, meaning they have control over it, then it must mean its a buggy app? dunno.. just thought of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 04:41 PM
    Using Apk version 5.6.5. A little laggy but it works. Just messaging. I did not try calling. Contacts sync is doing weird things - some are synced some are not. Hub integration is OK. Still it's an old version. Anyone tested more recent releases with the latest bb update?

 Z30/STA100-5/OS v.10.3.3.2205
    02-22-17 01:20 PM
    Hi
    I have the same problem with my passport se. I've try verion 5.6.5 and pop up "error".With younger version just open and close imidiately. What can i do??? Help me....
    03-12-17 04:01 PM
    5.6.0 is what I use! Works just fine!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 05:38 PM
    And 5.6.0 "error".pffffffffffff
    03-12-17 05:46 PM
    Hi I'm using Viber 5.6.5.1873 on both my Passport and Z10 with no issues.
    Rocking 24-7 with my Passport & Semi Retired Z10.
    03-13-17 04:58 AM
    How???? In my passport doesn't work...I try older but i have the same promblem.. What can i do??
    03-13-17 05:23 AM
    What error do you come across?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 06:05 PM
    Those using viber on bb10, do u experience the cursor of the keyboard would suddenly jump to the first character while in the middle of typing an sentence?? Any solution?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 10:13 PM
    Those using viber on bb10, do u experience the cursor of the keyboard would suddenly jump to the first character while in the middle of typing an sentence?? Any solution?

Posted via CB10
    yes and no
    03-28-17 04:04 AM
    yes and no
    Too bad

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 11:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    I tried too to contact viber support but they told me that there is no version for BlackBerry. What did you write in ticket that you sent to customer support?
    Attached Thumbnails Am I the only one not able to use Viber in 10.3.3?-img_20170406_000538.jpg  
    04-05-17 04:06 PM