Couldn't agree more, though I do dispute the bit about Mr. Heins being a clown (he did, after all oversee the development of the Passport, John Chen oversaw the launch and thus has gotten most of the credit for it).

John Chen is no fool. BlackBerry caters to a small group of users (relatively speaking), and an all-touch BlackBerry caters to an even smaller group. Think about that. Aside from people on CrackBerry, what evidence has the market shown that it is clamoring for an all-touch BlackBerry device? Storm? Storm 2? Z10? Z30? They've flopped or caused write downs, which was unfortunate because from personal experience, the Z10 was a great device which was just overproduced and undersold, which made carriers wary of the Z30 which was an even better device in nearly every way.

For the analysts that say that BlackBerry is ignoring market trends by not coming out with an all-touch phone soon, they're ignoring the fact that BlackBerry World is arguably in even worse shape now than it was when the Z10 and Q10 were rolling out. None of the "big name apps" are available, and with Amazon's app store (which is better than nothing, I suppose) there's no incentive for developers to natively develop for BlackBerry 10 anymore, and current developers seem to be updating their BlackBerry apps with less and less frequency. It would be one thing if developers of the "big name" apps and games were lined up to develop for BlackBerry 10, but that ship has sailed, and we should all just be glad that BlackBerry's ship hasn't sunk.

When it comes to the argument of whether or not it's developers that develop the apps to attract consumers to a platform or a large number of consumers that entice developers to develop for a platform, there is no easy way for BlackBerry to get out from under this dilemma. Most users are a fickle bunch. They are not going to flock to BlackBerry10 and twiddle (or type with) their thumbs while waiting in hopes that Instagram and whatever else will arrive in BlackBerry World. Does anyone honestly think that the millions of users needed to interest big name app developers are all going to give up their beloved apps on their iPhones to come sit on a BlackBerry because it has a cool keyboard and a better battery? These are the same people who, for years, have shown that they do not care about battery life or how ridiculous they look--they are perfectly happy squatting on the ground of public places, attached to a wall by a Lightning cable.
    Very well put! BlackBerry really need to develop these core apps natively.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 11:11 PM
    No, no, and NO. The keyboard is the best feature. It defines blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 12:53 AM
    No thaky, I'm using a passport because I don't want a full touch anymore.
    Typing while I'm walking without looking on the phone.
    I can't do that without a fulltouch. While walking yes, but not while I'm looking anywhere else.
    モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    05-28-15 12:59 AM
    No
    I bought the pp because off the current design, the combination between the big screen and smart keyboard.

Meqdadi by my lovely BlackBerry passport
    05-28-15 01:00 AM
    all touch keyboard passport and makes the passport becoming another samsung or sony phablet.. don't you think so?
    05-29-15 03:49 AM
    Nope, I have the Passport for the physical keyboard. An all touch Passport? Might as well get a Nexus 6; then at least, I will have root access and a superior AMOLED screen.
    05-29-15 06:53 AM
    An all touch passport is a total dead duck. Hopefully BlackBerry knows this!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 12:59 PM
32 12