I may go with a classic when I am done with my z10. Just not sure about the three row keyboard.
    What would be perfect in my opinion is a four row keyboard and slim send and end keys running vertically on each side. Or you could even have the back and menu keys there as well if needed.
    Of course, with the touch sensitive keyboard you would not need a track pad.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:41 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Awesome!! But classic will be too!

World Class = Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 10:31 PM
    Generally the passport 's keyboard is slower than the q10. I think it is because it is a bigger device and the two thumbs have a larger area to cover. The contrast to that is... I find the passport keyboard more accurate than the q10. I could type fast but I had to correct numerous errors after I finished a document. It is a lot less with the passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 10:46 PM
    I prefer Z30 's touch screen keyboard, that being said, I am totally used to type on Passport now.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-02-14 01:02 AM
    I have had a q10 before for about two months, I could never get the hang of the cramped keyboard. The passport is so much better to use especially with swipe up on predicted word! working wide just makes so much sense.

Windmere
    geekaren likes this.
    11-02-14 02:22 AM
    Definitely better typing with my old Bold. After over three weeks, my typing experience is now better with Passport than my old Z10 except when I have to type foreign language :-).

I am able to type faster and with much less errors.

Cheers

BB for life
    11-02-14 09:22 AM
    Took a bit of getting used to, but it is great! I went from a 9000 to 9900 to Z10 to Passport... by far the best typing experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:05 AM
    After just a couple weeks I'm as fast on the Passport as I was on my Q if that tells you anything. The only exception are when there's a lot of numbers or special characters but as far as straight text the big keys on the Passport are awesome

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:43 AM
    Down swipes are great to type symbols without needing to look at the screen. OTOH, some kind of kb calibration or even just an off setting would be nice because unintended gestures have mangled some documents.

The most common incidents are unintentional double taps and scrolls activating the insertion bubble and cut/copy/paste or the backspace. I have to constantly double check the screen to make sure the cursor is in the right place and that I haven't accidentally deleted or typed text in the wrong spot.

Otherwise, I'm loving the spacious kb.
    11-02-14 10:45 AM
    I'm getting good at the Passport keyboard after 4 days. Used to use a Z10 and a 9900. If the 9900 could have be upgraded to BlackBerry 10, I wouldn't have bothered with the Z10. The 3 row keyboard isn't as difficult to master as some posters would have you believe, but it is a learning curve coming from a touch OR QWERTY keyboard. Once you have the muscle memory, down and do not have to look at where your fingers are landing so much, it's a pleasure to type again.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:54 AM
    I prefer Z30 's touch screen keyboard, that being said, I am totally used to type on Passport now.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Wow so pretty much virtual keyboard can soon overtake physical keyboard then.

- Charles
    11-02-14 11:14 AM
    not use to it,dont think I will be

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:17 PM
    Love it! Best physical keyboard yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:49 PM
    I have had a 9900 and a Q10 and I like the keyboard on the Passport better. Really like being able to have the physical keyboard and be able to flick words like I could on my Z30. In my opinion this is the best keyboard that has been released yet.

Passport on AT&T
    11-02-14 01:18 PM
    After several weeks of using the Passport, I find I have become very adept at the keyboard. It took awhile to get used to the flicking of predictive text and the lack of ALT key and getting the best hold for two thumb typing. But with some continued use, everything becomes second nature and I now prefer the three rows to the conventional 4

Posted from my Passport!
    11-02-14 02:40 PM
    Yeah I'm pretty good with the keyboard after a week and ahalf use. I'm planning on getting even better by implementing the gestures and backswipes of the touchpad keyboard

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 02:44 PM
    The most common incidents are unintentional double taps and scrolls activating the insertion bubble and cut/copy/paste or the backspace. I have to constantly double check the screen to make sure the cursor is in the right place and that I haven't accidentally deleted or typed text in the wrong spot.

that's exactly my experience too. i was hoping for a setting to turn it off tbh, or alter the touchpad's sensitivity, since for this purpose I never actually use it due to this triggering incorrectly. anyone know if that is possible?
    11-02-14 04:30 PM
    that's exactly my experience too. i was hoping for a setting to turn it off tbh, or alter the touchpad's sensitivity, since for this purpose I never actually use it due to this triggering incorrectly. anyone know if that is possible?
    Same experience for me! Otherwise the keyboard is very fast, after 2 weeks of use I was writing as fast as with my Z30 and definitely faster than with my Bold at the old days.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-02-14 07:42 PM
    It's my first time to own a physical qwerty keyboard which is the passport. I came from touch screen all my life, and just switched from Z10. Surprisingly it only took me half a day to get use to physical keyboard, and now I can type relatively a good speed but more precisely. That said, the predictive text on your passport is much more intuitive and accurate than on the Z10, and that is just my opinion. For those of whom have not made a switch, please don't be hesitate to give it a try, passport is definitely an excellent device.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:09 PM
    The physical part is great. It's the virtual part that sucks. Always popping up and down. So obnoxious.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:12 PM
    I am getting real fast on the flick up.. happy finally

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 03:28 AM