CB brothers and sisters:

So, my girlfriend is going to visit the USA (from the UK) and has said she will try and get me a Blackberry Passport in Portland if she can. Due to the exchange rate this seems like a good idea.

I have never been to Portland and have no idea what to expect. Can she walk in to some shops and just buy a Passport for me. I hear Best Buy are an American chain?

Will they be in stock? I. Have found nowhere in the UK that keeps them in stock so I don't want to send her on a wild goose chase!

I'd love a red one, but have worked they are mail-order only; will be happy with a Black one; won't have a white one.

Anyone local to Portland or who knows the American market, your advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

James

Currently a Q10 owner.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 04:48 AM
    I suggest you buy from shop.blackberry.com or maybe Amazon and have it delivered to her hotel or to where she is staying. Order it ahead of time so that the item will reach her when she's there.

Sadly, in my last trip to North America (Canada and U.S. West coast), I only saw the Passport on display at a Telus shop in Downtown Vancouver.

In the U.S., you can hardly see any at the shops. I was looking for accessories at that time for my Passport but no store was carrying one and I found out that no stores where also carrying the Passport. And I did hear a lot of comments that Blackberry is dead and when I show my Passport they just say they didn't know BlackBerry was still making new phones. Sad but true.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:30 AM
    I see that the ATAndT shops have them in stock!

Can you just walk in and buy them or is it more complicated in the USA than here to get a SIM free handset from an operator?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:39 AM
    I suggest you buy from shop.blackberry.com or maybe Amazon and have it delivered to her hotel or to where she is staying. Order it ahead of time so that the item will reach her when she's there.

Sadly, in my last trip to North America (Canada and U.S. West coast), I only saw the Passport on display at a Telus shop in Downtown Vancouver.

In the U.S., you can hardly see any at the shops. I was looking for accessories at that time for my Passport but no store was carrying one and I found out that no stores where also carrying the Passport. And I did hear a lot of comments that Blackberry is dead and when I show my Passport they just say they didn't know BlackBerry was still making new phones. Sad but true.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your reply by the way. I will think about a delivery too her hotel too.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:39 AM
    Red Passport sent to her hotel today. Thanks for the tip.

Can't wait to get my hands on it... in 2 weeks!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 12:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry's public relations team needs a haircut.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 12:39 PM
    So the Blackberry arrived, thankfully.

However, I ordered some tools (thankfully only $30, but they are completely unobtainable in the UK) and the USPS LOST them.

Initially said delivered Wednesday (they weren't!) then the status changed next day to "undeliverable as adressed".

OMG imagine if it had been my lovely new Passport, I'd have been **** out of luck!

I feel that was a close call!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 11:09 AM