I use Passport since it was launched. Always struggling with battery drainage from time to time. A few months ago, I deleted Kindle app (and bunches of other apps). The battery drainage was gone. The phone was amazing. No doubt the best phone in the world. The typing experiences between two languages, keyboard short cut, wide screen for reading, connection to laptop through Blend. When Passport works, it is simply the best phone in the world. Then I got BlackBerry Priv as my work phone. I switched between Priv and Passport. Finally after couple of weeks, I decided to switch back to Passport, and use Priv for entertainment. Kindle works great in Priv. I also have 8" Kindle Fire HDX.

Until, I decided to try to add Kindle back to Passport...

... it was like opening a can of worms.

Only after a few hours, battery drainage started again. The phone is heat. The battery will be dead in 3-5 hours. I deleted Kindle app. TOO LATE! It did not help! I deleted a lot of apps. It did not help!

After a few days, I put the SIM card back to Priv...

Just a sad day for me.
    01-26-16 01:30 PM
    Maybe you need to reload the OS on the Passport, or you have another app draining the battery?
    01-26-16 01:54 PM
    I will try to reload the OS. Priv is great, but it slows me down. It is not as productive as Passport. Not sure what is the root cause for battery drainage. Kindle definitely needs to be removed from Passport...
    01-26-16 02:04 PM
    This is a well documented problem. Kindle data mines your phone. You have to remove it.
    01-26-16 11:56 PM
    I just removed the ability to run in the background. No problems after that.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 02:24 AM
    I deleted Kindle, removed the abilities for all to run in the background, and turned Parent Control on to disable Amazon apps. Overall the huge drainage is gone. But there are still some battery drainage goings-on. Still have high CPU/Standby usage.
    01-27-16 05:27 AM
    I deleted Kindle, removed the abilities for all to run in the background, and turned Parent Control on to disable Amazon apps. Overall the huge drainage is gone. But there are still some battery drainage goings-on. Still have high CPU/Standby usage.
    What OS version are you running?
    01-27-16 05:41 AM
    What OS version are you running?
    Unlocked Passport SQW100-1 on AT&T. Software release 10.3.2.2836.
    01-27-16 10:31 AM
    I don't know. I removed kindle and put amazon under parental control in 3.1 when I had some draining issue (standby was consuming a significant part) but never had any issue since. I assume you restarted the phone just in case...
    01-27-16 07:01 PM
    I don't know. I removed kindle and put amazon under parental control in 3.1 when I had some draining issue (standby was consuming a significant part) but never had any issue since. I assume you restarted the phone just in case...
    I did restart the device. Currently CPU usage is about 10% when standby. Still draining .
    01-27-16 10:33 PM
    Yes. That is a problem. I suggest you go to the device monitor, click on the wi-fi, processor and cellular icons at the bottom and look at every app that uses those services to identify the culprit that is draining your battery.
    Standby should not be number one, unless you do not use your phone.
    Usually the display is the number 1 battery consumer.
    01-27-16 10:47 PM
    That's what I use to monitor the CPU usage and deleted many apps. Still drainage. See picture. Also, I disable the Parent Control. Amazon AppStore and Amazon Shop do not work any more.

Somehow I doubt that Amazon apps and Android runtime are not conflicting and cause the high CPU usage and hence the battery drainage

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Adding Kindle App back to Passport brought huge battery drainage Issue-img_20160127_230647.jpg  
    01-27-16 11:10 PM
    What about wi-fi and cellular use?
    Which appp uses that.
    Based on the image you show the system consumes the most power and third is android_runtine.
    Looks like you have android apps running...
    And how much has your battery drained during that time?
    01-27-16 11:17 PM
    I did not use cellular services and used very little WiFi. I didn't use the phone. The batter drained 60% over five hours. I just found Crackberry android version is not responding either. Guess I have to reinstall the OS...
    01-27-16 11:30 PM
    Updates: I tried to downgrade the OS but failed. Even with no Sim card and no WiFi, the phone battery still drained. I tried to do a full restore from backup. The phone seems to be normal now. I will test it for a few days, and might put Sim card back. In the meantime I am giving Priv a few days to try.
    01-30-16 07:17 AM
    Full restore from the back saved the world! According to another post, the latest AT&T updates should've been avoided. Some people can be down graded, some can not. My phone can not be downgraded. But full restore saved my phone. It was so easy.

So glad to have my Passpsort back. Excellent battery life. It actually lasts a day. Best keyboard /Input language switch. Pleasure for reading. Very productive. Best phone in the market.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 07:18 AM