You can switch on push for Gmail and change the sync to manual for everything.
    Sure. It is like that:

69 percent to zero in 4 hours (passport)-img_20141217_190430.png
    Now I set up contacts and calendar for manual sync. How does it sync? When will it sync? There is not sync now button on calendar, gmail mail account or contacts?
    I am asking this as I do not know.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomeness. Like Majestic As
    12-17-14 01:06 PM
    Sure. It is like that:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141217_190430.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	321396
    Now I set up contacts and calendar for manual sync. How does it sync? When will it sync? There is not sync now button on calendar, gmail mail account or contacts?
    I am asking this as I do not know.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomeness. Like Majestic As
    Any change in either direction will push a change. No need to sync once sunk.
    12-17-14 01:11 PM
    Haha. All tuckered out! Genius.
    12-17-14 01:14 PM
    Any change in either direction will push a change. No need to sync once sunk.
    Hmmm
    Gmail pushes the account changes from phone to server quite nicely.
    But to get the changes from gmail account for contacts or calendar, I need to do manual refresh on phone. No?

I mean phone -> computer syncs as soon as change on the phone is made.
    Computer -> phone syncs only after hitting the refresh on each app.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As
    12-17-14 02:21 PM
    Hmmm
    Gmail pushes the account changes from phone to server quite nicely.
    But to get the changes from gmail account for contacts or calendar, I need to do manual refresh on phone. No?

I mean phone -> computer syncs as soon as change on the phone is made.
    Computer -> phone syncs only after hitting the refresh on each app.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As
    You may have to hit refresh on the phone, but yes it syncs without having to burn battery looking for nothing.
    12-17-14 03:01 PM
    well, i just tried.

creating contact/calendar entry on the phone - it immediately appears on gmail web version
    creating contact/calendar entry on gmail web side - it does not appear on calendar/contacts until you hit refresh.
    12-17-14 04:13 PM
    well, i just tried.

creating contact/calendar entry on the phone - it immediately appears on gmail web version
    creating contact/calendar entry on gmail web side - it does not appear on calendar/contacts until you hit refresh.
    Yes device to Web always works, Web to phone takes a refresh, depending on the weather at Google that day.
    12-17-14 04:32 PM
32 12