Hi all
    Do you think the passport will be compatible with advanced LTE ?
    That should be an other great advantage

Powered by ? Q10
    07-12-14 11:57 AM
    No.

LTE-A is really only prevalent in South Korea. I don't even think others have started the preparations.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-12-14 12:48 PM
    No.

LTE-A is really only prevalent in South Korea. I don't even think others have started the preparations.
    Preparations, yes. Wide scale deployment meriting accommodation, not yet IMO. AT&T in the US, for example has done something in Chicago.
    07-12-14 01:23 PM
    Preparations, yes. Wide scale deployment meriting accommodation, not yet IMO. AT&T in the US, for example has done something in Chicago.
    LTE-A probably won't even be turned on until 2016-2018 at the earliest. It's taken the US forever to roll out 4G LTE, and it's still not complete. A lot of countries in Europe don't even have 4G.

I think we can wait for LTE-A also considering it's just so fast, we don't even need it right now.

07-12-14 02:44 PM
    What's LTE-A?

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    07-12-14 02:46 PM
    What's LTE-A?

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    Next step after 4G LTE.

moegh likes this.
    07-12-14 02:46 PM
    Instead of LTE Advanced, I'd much rather see multiple bands in the same device (like Apple and Nexus devices have,) including TD-LTE bands for China and, to a lesser degree, India.
    CeCoQ likes this.
    07-12-14 03:55 PM
    I think LTE needs to do Channel Bonding... Bond two channels of data simultaneously to get faster well x2 data rates That's how it goes on Fibre Optic nowadays... and WiFi's MiMO has the same concept! Bond two LTE channels for e.g in the UK there's the 800mhz and 1800mhz for EE... you would get double the download rate!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 04:14 PM
    i asked the question cause i saw an article telling that 1st LTE-A devices will appear in few months and the french carrier Bouygues telecom said that 4 french cities are already covered with LTE-A network.
    but at home i just have HSDPA and no LTE so i think LTE-A is not for tomorrow for me...
    07-12-14 05:16 PM
    Instead of LTE Advanced, I'd much rather see multiple bands in the same device (like Apple and Nexus devices have,) including TD-LTE bands for China and, to a lesser degree, India.

Raino, you have the phone bands master. Don't forget to give us a thread on Passport supported/compatible frequencies when the phone is released.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 05:22 PM
    Raino, you have the phone bands master. Don't forget to give us a thread on Passport supported/compatible frequencies when the phone is released.
    Oh definitely. And if BB does go the Nexus way where they have just two models covering every market they plan to sell in, that would make my life a little easier

Even if they put of one each for Sprint and Verizon, I won't mind. But just two GSM models, please. And make all of them as cross-compatible as possible.
    07-12-14 05:46 PM
    Oh definitely. And if BB does go the Nexus way where they have just two models covering every market they plan to sell in, that would make my life a little easier

Even if they put of one each for Sprint and Verizon, I won't mind. But just two GSM models, please. And make all of them as cross-compatible as possible.
    Appears to be the case, thankfully. One NA GSM, one EMEA GSM, one Verizon. Maybe one Sprint.

But not so for the Classic, for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 05:50 PM
    Appears to be the case, thankfully. One NA GSM, one EMEA GSM, one Verizon. Maybe one Sprint.

But not so for the Classic, for some reason.
    s o u r c e?
    07-12-14 05:52 PM
    s o u r c e?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=828586

Usual place.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    07-12-14 06:01 PM
    It's crazy that Canada has essentially country wide LTE but the States doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 07:36 PM
    It's crazy that Canada has essentially country wide LTE but the States doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    Probably because the population is less spread out. That and the carriers aren't nearly as Gordon Gekko as their American counterparts.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 07:41 PM