Hi everybody,

First of all, thank you for the great community we have here. It's been very useful to learn about the device and specially on how to properly setup some Android related issues, etc. It's not a pleasure that my first post is for asking help, but here it goes.

I got a Blackberry Passport from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. I configured it and immediately upgraded it over-the-air to BB 10.3.2.2836.
    I set up the APN to my service provider recommendations (it was working with another ones that were put anyway) and it's been a pleasure to use if it wasn't for one very annoying problem i am suffering. From time to time, say, about 5 times a day, my Internet stops working.
    Everything looks fine if you look at the signal level meter, the 4G icon, the BB RIM or whatever it is icon: everything shows as connected and working properly, but it does not. The browser never connects and shows connection error, chatting doesn't work. No internet. Until i either: disconnect and reconnect from the mobile network. Only disabling and enabling mobile data doesn't fix the issue. I have to completely disconnect (disable) the mobile network and connect again.
    It only happens with the mobile network; Wifi always works like a charm.
    I tried changing the APN to blackberry.net but nothing changed at all.

I come from the Android world and i am very lost now; i don't know any way to see messages from the OS, like Android's debug console. I was just able to check that i got an IP address from Settings -> About -> Network. Everything looks fine, but doesn't work.
    I used this very same SIM card and company with several Android phones and never encountered a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Kind regards,
    09-21-16 03:09 AM
    What is your area and carrier, also what is the exact model of Passport you have?
    Not all BlackBerry device models have the hardware bands and frequencies used by every carrier in every location on the planet.
    Go here to get the hardware bands and frequencies your specific model Passport has, then compare against your carrier:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-961279/
    09-21-16 04:37 AM
    Thanks for the tip but, as i stated, the problem is not with the band or frequency "compatibility". I can be using the phone in a place and, after some hours, it stops working. Same exact place and signal. Just needs a disconnect/reconnect.

I live in Spain, my company is Pepephone and it uses the Movistar 4G/LTE/whatever bands.

PASSPORT QWERTY BLACK
    Edit: SQW100-1
    09-21-16 08:50 AM
    https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/movistar-spain
    • B3 (1800 +) LTE
    • B7 (2600) LTE

Both bands are covered with a SQW100-1.

If it had been your device handled only one of the two, then the common issue is a cell tower near you got overloaded on one of the two bands that you device was compatible with and switched your connection to the other band which would drop you.

Try a full wipe just to trouble shoot it, but it may be you got a defected device.
    09-21-16 10:33 AM
    Thanks for the concrete information about frequencies.

I'm not wiping my phone... i've got too many customizations on it to start over. I think it might be some bugs (software or hardware);
    I'll try to live with it or switch back to my Android phone.
    09-22-16 02:08 AM
    I am having the same issue with my Classic! I have the same SW build as you too. It's definitely not a network issue, but the device/software itself.

So far I've turned off the LTE, and going well so far. (Network Mode --> 4G&3G&2G) Maybe try that out to start with.
    09-22-16 01:49 PM
    Thanks Steph,
    I don't have LTE option, just 4G,3G,2G .. I'll give a try to just 3G and 2G...
    Thanks for the tip.
    09-26-16 06:49 AM
    No luck. The phone keeps doing the same. I'm getting tired of it. Version 10 of the BB OS and still getting connection issues?
    I could do it better. They did the smart thing moving to Android because it works at least.
    Thanks everybody
    09-27-16 02:00 AM
    No luck. The phone keeps doing the same. I'm getting tired of it. Version 10 of the BB OS and still getting connection issues?
    I could do it better. They did the smart thing moving to Android because it works at least.
    Thanks everybody
    You could probably has other problem with android & assumed android has problem & u may change to iOS. Try reloading the OS & see how it goes. Losing customised setting are better than losing the whole smartphone.

BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    09-27-16 02:54 AM
    The main problem with the BB OS 10 platform is that i have no way to diagnose the problem. With Android i could use system log messages - adb logcat - or even open a terminal and check the network IP, DNS, route, etc...
    I have none of those tools with BB.

I'll think about resetting the phone but i don't think it will solve the problem since it's just a fresh upgrade and new phone ...

Thank you again.
    09-29-16 03:07 AM
    Hi, I've had this kind of issue with two BlackBerry 10 handsets in the past. It was always right after I'd moved network, or asked an existing provider for a new SIM. In both instances, the problem was resolved at the carrier end, by altering some configuration setting or other. The problem is that they are unfamiliar with BlackBerry devices, and unsure of what settings to apply to your account in the first place. Call your provider, and talk it through with them.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 03:25 AM