I don't know if you guys experience this issue. But I feel my passport device too slow and lag after 2months using. I did not download any game so far, just surfing the web, check mail, social network (facebook, twistter). It's quite lag to open the incoming emails (no file attachment, just text only) and the same with other apps (facebook,..). For Skype, it's really worse, could not launch Skype chat window and it stops itself sometimes.
    Another point, the device a little bit hot on the top right of screen where the sim card / micro SD card located, especially when the phone call coming. It's really weird.
    I loves the passport much and it's the good device I can say. But I'm now frustrated with some hiccups occur as above. Anybody gets the same issues? And how we can have all fixed. FYI, I have reset the device twice but it not solved properly. The factory reset may help, in this case?
    Last but not least, the NFC does not work when repair with my Bold 9900, but it works well with other devices of BB10. Do you have any idea?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 02:06 AM
    A software update might solve your issue and even more issue other users are facing.

As for now you could try the factory reset and start adding your accounts back one by one and give the phone 10 - 15 between each account you add. Do not restore from backup. Don't forget to take out SD card though and it might be good if you backup the SD card to PC and format it (in your PP) then restore your data to it. You might as well let your phone drain till it shuts down then leave it on charger 3 hours then turn it on.

I don't have a Passport but I did that when I had these issues with my previous STL100-1
    12-17-14 03:06 AM
    A software update might solve your issue and even more issue other users are facing.

As for now you could try the factory reset and start adding your accounts back one by one and give the phone 10 - 15 between each account you add. Do not restore from backup. Don't forget to take out SD card though and it might be good if you backup the SD card to PC and format it (in your PP) then restore your data to it. You might as well let your phone drain till it shuts down then leave it on charger 3 hours then turn it on.

I don't have a Passport but I did that when I had these issues with my previous STL100-1
    Should never ever let a li-on battery deplete all the way, eventually it will render the battery useless. These are not old NI-cad batteries that would retain a memory and need to be completely depleted once in a while. If you fully deplete a li-on it will kill the battery.
    12-17-14 05:45 AM
    I got the passport 1 week ago but it already has issue about getting hot like you said and also not connected with my bb9900 (I haven't test with another device). Can anyone help me with these issues? I love my passport so much I'm just afraid something wrong with it
    12-17-14 06:40 AM
    I found that 99% of all my problems with my passport running slow, battery not lasting a full day resolved with installing 10.3.1.747 autoloader. A nice clean install resolved all my issues. My passport is smooth, the OS is much better, the calendar keeps the correct time and android apps run so much better and love the zoom feature with it. Before I would just barely get a full days use , but now I get two full days use and I have the brightness set to 95% which is the way I like my phones to be.

There are bugs in the leaked OS, but they outweigh the negatives.. Can't wait for an official release and do a clean install again..
    12-17-14 06:40 AM
    What OS are you running? How full is your device storage? If nothing works, back up device data and do a Security wipe, maybe?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 06:46 AM
    What OS are you running? How full is your device storage? If nothing works, back up device data and do a Security wipe, maybe?

Posted via CB10
    I got the latest official OS, somebody told me the leak room may be help out, in this case. But I would not install the leak ones. My device storage is no more than 20%, not really heavy right? I'm going to wipe my device this weekend and hope it can fix the issues as above. It seems that we have no much choice at this stage, so factory reset is the best way. Any other recommendation, folks?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 11:09 PM
    I've been using my Passport for a little over 1 month and it runs fine.

I'm on OS 10.3.0.908

I don't know if you're backing up and then restoring your Passport info or as mentioned maybe you're using a memory card that wasn't formatted in the Passport (transfer all your info to a PC, wipe the memory card and then transfer your info back).

What does your device monitor say? Any particular app causing your woes?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 11:37 PM
    I have had the Passport for 2 months. I am on 10.3.1.1154 via nondestruct Sachesi install. (Blitz). I would download Sachesi (see stickies) find the OS and download and load this on. Minimal bugs. Also if you save your contacts files etc you can always factory reset. But I would first reboot. Hold down volume buttons simultaneously and wait for the device to shut down. This may be the only problem. It's like a battery pull in our old Legacy devices.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    12-17-14 11:42 PM
    Definitely the same issue here with mine. Most noticeable when you click the top button to "wake" the screen. Also sometimes when in phone calls the screen won't self-disable like when I put the phone up to my ear which will result in numbers accidentally being pressed. Waiting for 10.3.1 (official release through my carrier) to see if it fixes it, otherwise will do a full security wipe and start from scratch. I am disappointed that Link doesn't support selective restore like the old Desktop Manager. All I really want to fully backup and restore are my text messages and contacts. Everything else is easy to get back.
    12-18-14 09:17 AM
    I am disappointed that Link doesn't support selective restore like the old Desktop Manager. All I really want to fully backup and restore are my text messages and contacts. Everything else is easy to get back.
    Download SMS Backup from BB World. Download Fire Chest for your contacts. Fire Chest can also backup calendar and some other things if you want. Great app!

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    12-18-14 09:28 AM
    Seems like there's quite a few people with laggy recently. Threads popping up here and there on this forums

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:37 AM
    I will admit I do have some bugs. My phone being sluggish isn't one of them.

The proximity sensor does act up sometimes when I'm on a call and sometimes the swipe to wake can act up.

Aside from that, I'm golden.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 11:03 AM
    I've had my Passport since the day after launch and am on the official OS. I have no lag or sluggishness. Sometimes after a large update to a BBW app I've had to reboot but otherwise battery is amazing and it runs smoothly.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-18-14 11:12 AM