So what do you want to compare? File Managers? Which one will you choose on Play Store to compare to BB10? Same goes for video player, music player, browser, office software, etc, etc.

Next, do you want to compare keyboards? A capacitive-touch pkb against a vkb?

So what are we left with? Email clients? How do you have the HUB configured on the DTEK60 as multiple options are available to change the experience quite a bit. Do you keep the HUB running in the background as on BB10?

What about notifications, bedside mode, etc that are almost infinitely customizable on Android?

The only way to know is to try it. Spend a few days or weeks configuring things to your needs and workflow. Then, only you can compare.
    So by this logic comparing a Ford pickup truck aluminum bed to a Chevy with a steel bed isn't a valid comparison.

Sure a Priv and a Passport may be running different apps for some tasks - because they have different OSs - but that could still be a valid and useful comparison.
    02-02-17 11:37 AM
    So by this logic comparing a Ford pickup truck aluminum bed to a Chevy with a steel bed isn't a valid comparison.

Sure a Priv and a Passport may be running different apps for some tasks - because they have different OSs - but that could still be a valid and useful comparison.
    But the chosen app mix and setup on the DTEK60 would almost trump all other considerations when performing a comparison. That is simply the nature of Android.
    02-02-17 11:51 AM
    Priv/Dtek:

If you like to spend time in customising your homescreen and love to play with widgets and want to have tons of apps : Android is way to go

Passport / BB10

If you want serious Communication tools with ease and a battery which can beat any BlackBerry Devices including Priv/Dteks, and Limited Apps is not an issue for you : Passport anytime

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    02-02-17 12:21 PM
    Priv/Dtek:

If you like to spend time in customising your homescreen and love to play with widgets and want to have tons of apps : Android is way to go

Passport / BB10

If you want serious Communication tools with ease and a battery which can beat any BlackBerry Devices including Priv/Dteks, and Limited Apps is not an issue for you : Passport anytime

Posted via CB10
    How would you know, as you've said you've never used a Blackberry Android device?
    02-02-17 12:28 PM
    How would you know, as you've said you've never used a Blackberry Android device?
    Who cares? He's spot on lol

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 12:37 PM
    I think the Passport (and BB10 in general) is still a great option in 2017 if you aren't dependent on specific services such as Snapchat. Pretty much every use case has a solution that works if you're willing to be flexible. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't tech savvy enough to research and be on a forum like this though.
    02-02-17 03:48 PM
    I've used my Priv and like the phone and don't mind android

I have a hardware issue on my Privs screen so fired up the PP SE

Took me 20 mins to get stuff going and see how much more organized and optimized the OS is compared to Android.

Switched my work email setup a few links for mobile sites Uber, Cnn and honestly not missing too much other than my banking apps which I can still use on the Priv.

Also the phone is way more durable sturdy and of course a dream to type on

Here's to hoping Mercury will be cool also

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 05:51 PM
    Well then you haven't check my replies, I have said before, got Priv used it for a month and gave it to my dad, I came back to Passport.

After months of use Priv started slow in opening apps, lagged and then I sold it and got Samsung Edge 7 for my dad.

Dtek60 price is too high over here and am not going to spend my money on BlackBerry anymore specially if the pricing is overpriced.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 12:52 AM
    After reading these and others is the general understanding that Android slows down? How long before that happens? And what causes it, updates?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 06:24 AM
    After reading these and others is the general understanding that Android slows down? How long before that happens? And what causes it, updates?

Posted via CB10
    Can't say about others here what my dad experienced with priv in 8 months :

Slow in opening apps
    Didn't installed lots of apps or games, few essential apps
    Slow in multitasking
    Had to hard reboot every once a week
    Heating issue if used continuesly for 15/20mins (even if it's typing)
    And sometime the signal reception, my passport got 3 bars of signal and Priv none.

Finally had to sold it and got Edge7.

On my Passport I have 129 apps installed including the natives one, and I bought it on June 2015, still its rocking fast as compared to Priv.
    I hard reset every month or sometime once in 2months, passport gets warm on the right upper corner while I play games,
    Multitasking or slow in opening apps, never experienced.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 08:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have many Android devices, and this is not so.

Clear the app caches and reboot the device every week or two just to clear out cobwebs.
    02-03-17 09:09 AM
    I have many Android devices, and this is not so.

Clear the app caches and reboot the device every week or two just to clear out cobwebs.
    Exactly. Although I use my Passport, I have a few other Android devices - and this is what I do to keep running smoothly.
    02-03-17 09:25 AM
    Exactly. Although I use my Passport, I have a few other Android devices - and this is what I do to keep running smoothly.
    One question:

How much reboot you do with Passport to run it smoothly as compared with your android ??

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 10:59 AM
    One question:

How much reboot you do with Passport to run it smoothly as compared with your android ??

Posted via CB10
    A lot less than Android! Maybe once every two weeks. With my Android tablet, for example, I have to clean the RAM every day - and reboot every two or three days.
    02-03-17 11:04 AM
    A lot less than Android! Maybe once every two weeks. With my Android tablet, for example, I have to clean the RAM every day - and reboot every two or three days.
    How many apps have you installed in your passport then in your android phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 12:45 PM
    How many apps have you installed in your passport then in your android phone?

Posted via CB10
    A lot more on the PP because I've had it for longer. Android obviously gives you more choice, and my tablet is mainly a news and ebook reader.
    02-03-17 02:40 PM
    A lot more on the PP because I've had it for longer. Android obviously gives you more choice, and my tablet is mainly a news and ebook reader.
    So more apps on passport compared to your android devices but yet android need reboot once a week or may be twice but passport once every two week or may be more. Right?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 05:10 PM
    So more apps on passport compared to your android devices but yet android need reboot once a week or may be twice but passport once every two week or may be more. Right?

Posted via CB10
    That's n=1.

Let me give you another data point. I need to reboot my Passport at least as often as my DTEK60.
    02-03-17 05:17 PM
    At first I also wanted the Priv, just looked like such a cool phone. But then after reading all the reviews of the SE Passport, even though it is the old BB10, I still want this phone. I love my Z30 and would just like the chance to try the Passport before they are all gone.
    02-03-17 06:23 PM
    At first I also wanted the Priv, just looked like such a cool phone. But then after reading all the reviews of the SE Passport, even though it is the old BB10, I still want this phone. I love my Z30 and would just like the chance to try the Passport before they are all gone.
    You won't regret it. This phone is a beast!
    02-03-17 06:53 PM
    Its a great phone, but getting very hard to get. If you want a BB silver move earlier than latter.
    02-03-17 07:00 PM
    it was launched in 2014 and it's 2017,
    This phone is really a beast Period.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 12:36 AM
    it was launched in 2014 and it's 2017,
    This phone is really a beast Period.

Posted via CB10
    And I've had it since then! Screen protector and minimal case. Still looks new - almost!
    02-04-17 08:37 AM
    And I've had it since then! Screen protector and minimal case. Still looks new - almost!
    Both in appearance and in work,
    Imagine BlackBerry had released Passport 2 with BB10 along with Dtek60 Android. Passport 2 had sold more then Dtek60

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-04-17 08:57 AM
49 12