Hey, just got my passport SE last week and am loving it! Although have ran into 2 issues thus far wondering if they can't be remedied. 1st is when on a call, my face hits the pkb and causes keys to press and make noise while I'm on the phone. Is there an option to lock out pkb when phone being used? Secondly is while typing numbers. Is there an option to bring up just the row of #'s, like when you open up password keeper? It just has a single row above the virtual punctuation row. Seems to be easier to access, especially the 0 rather than the swipe down method, which puts them in the far right are, an addition 2 rows above where it could be.
    11-10-16 10:45 PM
    Hey, just got my passport SE last week and am loving it! Although have ran into 2 issues thus far wondering if they can't be remedied. 1st is when on a call, my face hits the pkb and causes keys to press and make noise while I'm on the phone. Is there an option to lock out pkb when phone being used? Secondly is while typing numbers. Is there an option to bring up just the row of #'s, like when you open up password keeper? It just has a single row above the virtual punctuation row. Seems to be easier to access, especially the 0 rather than the swipe down method, which puts them in the far right are, an addition 2 rows above where it could be.
    1st- learn to hold the phone to your ear, not massage your face with it.

2nd- You can swipe down and hit the corresponding letter on the keyboard and that will trigger that number to display but the virtual keyboard will then disappear after each time you try that.
    I suppose it would be ok for one number use but not a string of numbers.

The Passport IA a two handed device anyhow so not sure why it would be a problem to type on the virtual as well. I think over the next two months you will learn to adjust to how the Passport works and appreciate the differences.

Posted via CB10
    drags_bberry likes this.
    11-11-16 01:27 AM
    First issue... Settings.... Security/Privacy ... Lock Screen. Turn all buttons OFF except "Lock Screen Notifications"
    In this mode you'll use the on/off button on top of your device to lock/unlock screen. You can keep it in the mode to "swipe up" but if you accidently touch the screen while talking you run the risk of it being swiped open.

Continuing the first issue... Settings... Display. In display, scroll down to screen time out. and set it accordingly.

I prefer using a headset. The Plantronics PLT-M165 is excellent. Super light about $40.
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 11-11-16 at 09:57 PM.
    stroker383 and IndianTiwari like this.
    11-11-16 01:34 AM
    I don't know I thought I was pretty funny lol

Some people are so sensitive! Geesh! Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 06:27 AM
    It's okay.... I laughed :P I would've given the same suggestion, lol

Posted via:  p a s s p o r t | b l a c k e d i t i o n
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-11-16 06:32 AM

Also, as for it being a two handed device... That's nothing more than your opinion and that you aren't sure why there would be a problem is a problem in itself. I like to have fun and do a good amount of "badgering" but I never come off as if My way is the only way or as a know-it-all. And, I only do it while trying to offer suggestions that may be helpful to the OP.
    It's not for me to tell you how or what to write. I'm just making suggestions that may work for you the same way that I was offered suggestions by someone.
    Actually it's not just my opinion that the Passport is a two handed device it's a simple fact of life. The fact that you dispute this shows how new you are to the device and how much you have to learn about it. Either that or you just have a big chip on your shoulder and have a need to argue.
    It's ok I'm here for you.

Good luck with your one handed use unless you are a basketball player with spider like hands. Even still it's not a one handed device.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 11-11-16 at 08:03 AM.
    11-11-16 07:07 AM
    Wow you are so serious. The guy was having a little fun which was harmless and light hearted. What is with you and your War & Peace reply about it. As for some of his thoughts on things again nothing wrong here. Calm yourself and don't get so worked up.
    11-11-16 05:54 PM
    every time I make a phone call, I hit the power button to avoid doing anything on the screen, the way the numbers pop up doesnt change
    11-11-16 09:17 PM
    2 questions for new passport user-well-escalated-quickly.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 10:01 PM
    I use it with both hands, but preferring this numerical keys
    2 questions for new passport user-img_20161111_214549.png
    Compared to this
    2 questions for new passport user-img_20161111_214555.png
    Clearly it's available in password keeper.

As far as rubbing my phone on my face, I might have to experiment with it and see if my screen is going dark. If so, should that lock out pkb?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 10:03 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161111_214549.png 
Views:	557 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	411964
    Compared to this

Name:	IMG_20161111_214555.png 
Views:	560 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	411965

As far as rubbing my phone on my face, I might have to experiment with it and see if my screen is going dark. If so, should that lock out pkb?

Posted via CB10
    I believe yes when the phone goes black nothing should work, not PKB or VKB. Wait till the call starts ringing and then put it to your ear and see if it goes black.

I understand your frustration. If you try to use the phone with both hands you would not believe the speed you will learn to acquire and nothing is out of reach. I love how fast I am on my Passport.

I believe I've watched about 90+% of all reviews on the BlackBerry Passport and do not recall one of them saying it was a one handed device. Actually they all said you need two hands to operate it effectively.

But that's just me with my TWENTY-SIX THOUSAND less posts in my pocket, on it being a two handed device X a gazillion. Maybe more. Lol
    )))))

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 10:08 PM
    I use it with both hands,
    I never said I only use 1 hand. Just stating it easier to do multiple numbers with the single row horizontally because you can use both thumbs rather then have all numbers located on left side. Wish there was a way to bring it up when composing rather then having it only used in password keeper(which by the way is an awesome app)
    11-11-16 10:28 PM
    I never said I only use 1 hand. Just stating it easier to do multiple numbers with the single row horizontally because you can use both thumbs rather then have all numbers located on left side. Wish there was a way to bring it up when composing rather then having it only used in password keeper(which by the way is an awesome app)
    Oh sorry, I guess I assumed that from your first post. Anyway I guess you have a point and if BlackBerry were still supporting and developing BB10 that may have been a possibility. Being able to adjust and rearange or choose different keyboard's is one benefit to Android and it's versatility but I found more headaches then benefits when it comes to typing. I must say I don't know what I will do when the time does come to change phones. Hopefully BlackBerry does continue to design phones in the future but as is I'm not sure Android will be anything other than an entertainment and multimedia software for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 08:28 AM

Name:	IMG_20161111_214549.png 
Views:	557 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	411964
    Compared to this

Name:	IMG_20161111_214555.png 
Views:	560 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	411965

Posted via CB10
    it only appears like that in certain fields such as passwords, but besides that, in regular texting fields, it shows up otherwise
    11-12-16 01:51 PM
    also another note about bb10, once you start a call, the screen turns on and returns to the call screen when the actual phone call is answered, I normally wait until the other side answers, the I press the power button to avoid accidental anything
    11-12-16 01:53 PM
    also another note about bb10, once you start a call, the screen turns on and returns to the call screen when the actual phone call is answered, I normally wait until the other side answers, the I press the power button to avoid accidental anything
    I only wait to hear it ringing then I know I can put it to my ear and it will definitely turn off the screen.
    The OP said he was pressing the physical keys with his face which I found odd.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 05:19 PM
    First issue... Settings.... Security/Privacy ... Lock Screen. Turn all buttons OFF except "Lock Screen Notifications"
    In this mode you'll use the on/off button on top of your device to lock/unlock screen. You can keep it in the mode to "swipe up" but if you accidently touch the screen while talking you run the risk of it being swiped open.

Continuing the first issue... Settings... Display. In display, scroll down to screen time out. and set it accordingly.

I prefer using a headset. The Plantronics PLT-M165 is excellent. Super light about $40.
    Thanks for the vital information.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    11-12-16 10:37 PM
    I only wait to hear it ringing then I know I can put it to my ear and it will definitely turn off the screen.
    The OP said he was pressing the physical keys with his face which I found odd.

Posted via CB10
    I think I realize that the screen is staying on and the options on screen are being utilized. I was on a call today and somehow was able to bring up my contacts and started another call. I can see that the screen is not going dark and thus having screen on, triggering things.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 10:56 PM
    I think I realize that the screen is staying on and the options on screen are being utilized. I was on a call today and somehow was able to bring up my contacts and started another call. I can see that the screen is not going dark and thus having screen on, triggering things.

Posted via CB10
    You may have a bad proximity sensor. You may want to take advantage of the warranty if you have one

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 10:58 PM