I've stood in a completely dark bathroom with BlackBerry Support on the phone. The issue still exists.

I can't use the device in bed. The screen goes so bright, it burns my retinas!

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but in your video the screen only goes bright when you put your finger on the light sensor. The room you are in looks pretty dark and it seemed to adjust the screen properly. Sorry, but I can only speculate on what I see in the video. Good luck.
    thedose likes this.
    11-05-14 09:49 AM
    I still hold that this is a software problem. That a switch got reversed somewhere. It's thinking dark is time to go full bright. I mean I find it extremely hard to believe that a light sensor goes bad in 2 devices. Right off the bat.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 10:15 PM
    OP how did you update your OS? I am just happy that I do not experience this thousands of miles away from a warranty claim

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-09-14 10:22 PM
    I've been lucky because I ordered it from Shop BlackBerry and there's the 30 day money back guarantee. So I've been shipping these back and ordering new ones.

I'm receiving the 3rd Passport today. I'm hoping this one is perfect. This is really testing my patience.

I loaded the leaked OS using sachesi. I did a non-destructive install and noticed the problem still existed. I then did a security wipe and that also did not solve anything.

I've been on the phone with BlackBerry Support to do system restores with BlackBerry Link.

This is really hoping the 3rd time is a charm.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:17 AM
    Why do u install a leak? Does it work with the stock OS???
    Did you do a restore even?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:47 AM
    I've been lucky because I ordered it from Shop BlackBerry and there's the 30 day money back guarantee. So I've been shipping these back and ordering new ones.

I'm receiving the 3rd Passport today. I'm hoping this one is perfect. This is really testing my patience.

I loaded the leaked OS using sachesi. I did a non-destructive install and noticed the problem still existed. I then did a security wipe and that also did not solve anything.

I've been on the phone with BlackBerry Support to do system restores with BlackBerry Link.

This is really hoping the 3rd time is a charm.

Posted via CB10
    So it didn't work with the stock OS or did you just load the leak? Which leak in particular?

Also, did you try it without restoring? I ask because restoring (especially settings) has some weird stuff going on. I never restore anything anymore. Anything I need to keep is on the sd card and my contacts are saved to my outlook.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 11:28 AM
    I never restore anything when I load leaks now.

I installed 10.3.1.1016, it didn't help. And it was so buggy it was usable.

I'll keep you guys posted with my findings when I get home tonight to boot the 3rd Passport! *fingers crossed*

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:47 PM
    Knock on wood,

I'm using the 3rd replacement right now. Everything seems to be working great. I haven't experienced the max brightness issue.

Posted via CB10
    DickDorf likes this.
    11-10-14 08:51 PM
33 12