Just called my local Telus store and the rep told me that it would be exclusive to them for a week... can anybody confirm this information?

Posted via CB10
    Gelzz likes this.
    09-23-14 09:53 AM
    Wait until tomorrow..
    09-23-14 10:05 AM
    Just called my local Telus store and the rep told me that it would be exclusive to them for a week... can anybody confirm this information?

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like bs to me. BlackBerry would never do such a deal in Canada.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-23-14 10:16 AM
    Pretty sure the big 3 will be getting it.
    09-23-14 10:30 AM
    Sounds like bs to me. BlackBerry would never do such a deal in Canada.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    You mean how the Bold 9000 was exclusively on rogers? lol
    robert_in_la likes this.
    09-23-14 10:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Telus will have it for sale for $50 less for the first week but not sure if this means the phone will be exclusive to them or not.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 10:47 AM
    Rogers was the first company to offer BlackBerry phones, they have had exclusivity deals most likely because of the long standing relationship.

That being said, I work for Rogers and I have not heard 1 spec of info on if or when we would be selling the device. I really hope we do sell it as I'm going to hunt all over Ontario for this device tomorrow, would really just like to do an upgrade rather than buy outright.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-23-14 10:48 AM
    When is the first week? That is the question.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 10:48 AM
    My Telus store told me that too. So it's obviously something that they've been told. Shippments are in of merchandise and he's expecting the phones to arrive tomorrow. Didn't say when they'd be available to buy though...
    09-23-14 11:02 AM
    hahahahahah MUAHAHAHAHAH

pssssttt ... got the same response in Pickering location - yes - 7 day's before any one
    09-23-14 11:22 AM
    I went in to try to sweet-talk them into an early preview. None of the 4 reps in store had any clue what I was talking about..

And this is a store that has the Z30 front and center...
    09-23-14 11:30 AM
    I'm OK with this as long as TELUS spends some money marketing the device. Otherwise, what's the point?
    09-23-14 11:40 AM
    1 week exclusivity, $50 off regular price term price and the Passport should be available for purchase tomorrow.

I'd say that's impressive for any phone launch but especially since its BlackBerry we are talking about here.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 11:43 AM
    The only place in my city to have a demo Z30 is Telus. They have it in a prominent location in store. Most carrier and kiosk stores have it shoved and mixed in with no live units.

This wouldn't actually surprise me if they get an exclusive.
    09-23-14 11:48 AM
    The only place in my city to have a demo Z30 is Telus. They have it in a prominent location in store. Most carrier and kiosk stores have it shoved and mixed in with no live units.

This wouldn't actually surprise me if they get an exclusive.
    I've observed this as well. It appears to me that Telus has been BB's best carrier partner in Canada for the last year and they are being rewarded for it. Rogers really dropped the ball when they decided not to carry the Z30 and I think that hurt the relationship. Telus has also discounted the off contract price for many BB10 devices. It was because of them that I was able to get a Z30 off contract for $499.
    irweezyy and just_luc like this.
    09-23-14 12:12 PM
    I'll kind of side with Telus getting exclusitivity due to the following:

Telus, BB & EnStream: June 12th
    CBC News - BlackBerry, EnStream announce mobile payment deal

CIBC & Telus Mobile Payments: 4/2/2014
    About TELUS

CIBC credit card clients using the following devices on the TELUS network will be able to download the CIBC Mobile Payment App from Google Play beginning later today:

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    HTC One

Users of the following BlackBerry devices on the TELUS network will have access to the CIBC Mobile Payment App later this month:

BlackBerry Z10
    BlackBerry Q10
    BlackBerry Bold 9900

Mobile Payments are widely accepted

Credit card payments using the CIBC Mobile Payment App are already accepted at thousands of the most popular retailers in Canada for purchases under $50, using the same technology Canadians use today for contactless credit card payments. According to MasterCard:

19 of the top 25 merchants by volume accept contactless payments
    There are now 250,000 contactless payment readers in Canada

Canadian smartphone owners say they want to pay with their phone for everyday purchases:

Of the 68 per cent of Canadians aged 18-44 who own a smartphone, 46 per cent say they are interested in using a smartphone to make everyday purchases.
    Rogers SureTap & CIBC: November 2nd, 2012
    Rogers and CIBC bring mobile payments to Canadians | Rogers RedBoard

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/su...setLanguage=en

suretap ready devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 3™
    Samsung Galaxy Note II™
    Samsung Galaxy S4™
    Samsung Galaxy S III™
    Samsung GALAXY S5
    HTC One™
    HTC One (M8)
    LG G3
    LG G Flex
    LG G2
    LG Optimus G
    BlackBerry� Z10
    More devices coming soon

Let's see who is more in favour of supporting BlackBerry's best interests at the moment?!
    4 different banking apps supported on Rogers SureTap, 1 BlackBerry device.
    I can see 1 banking app thus far, and 3 BlackBerry devices 2 of which are BB10 devices, 1 is legacy BBOS.
    oo_se7en likes this.
    09-23-14 06:03 PM
    Just to rebut the banking argument, you can use your Z10, Q10 and Q5 for mobile payments with Scotia.

Looking at the carrier relationships, as other mentioned, Rogers also dropped the ball on the Z30, not once but twice. They pulled it for a short time not too long ago before probably getting a call from Mr. Chen and crew that if they want the Passport (and the lucrative corporate contracts from it) they'd better help move some Z30's in the mean time.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    09-23-14 06:29 PM
    Bell customer service couldn't tell me if they would have the phone tomorrow or not. Their system said "reveal" date for Passport was tomorrow but didnt show a separate release date. He was guessing that it meant that reveal and release date were the same. He also did confirm that their system was scheduled for a hardware pricing change tomorrow which he said could be a new device or it could simply be a price cut to existing BlackBerry products, or both.
    Last edited by bernardogrady; 09-23-14 at 06:42 PM. Reason: poor spelling
    09-23-14 06:41 PM
    I called 4 local Bell stores and none of them said they even have it yet, let alone if they will be carrying it.

So Telus exclusive sounds possible

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 06:44 PM
    I finally got to play around with a Passport today. It's a shock to the system but even after minimal use I can tell it's a phone I'll grow to love.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 09:01 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Rogers better not drop the ball like they did with the z30...

If the Passport is not out day one..buying from Telus!

Posted via CB10
    bbquincar likes this.
    09-23-14 09:14 PM
    I've observed this as well. It appears to me that Telus has been BB's best carrier partner in Canada for the last year and they are being rewarded for it. Rogers really dropped the ball when they decided not to carry the Z30 and I think that hurt the relationship. Telus has also discounted the off contract price for many BB10 devices. It was because of them that I was able to get a Z30 off contract for $499.
    I have a Rogers Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 09:14 PM
    Post is not in my feed even if I created the topic... weird

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 09:28 PM
    Wasn't the 9000 GSM and Rogers the only GSM carrier?

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy likes this.
    09-23-14 09:33 PM
    I have a Rogers Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry... I should have worded my post better and said "when they initially decided not to carry the Z30". I know they reversed the decision later on but the phones were still only available online. It took a while for them to finally show up in stores.
    09-23-14 10:11 PM
30 12