Today is the 9th day I'm using my Passport and may I say - I LOVE it! It took me about 4 days to get the hang of the keyboard and I can still improve on speed, I find that I focus on my spelling and pressing keys that I forget that I can actually just flick words... I come from a Z10 so this is new to me. After 2 days of almost never letting the Passport out of my hands I had to do something on my Z10 again and boy-oh-boy - I could not believe how minute the Z10 felt in my hand compared to the Passport - one get used to the big screen so easily and then you literally get hooked on it and I can't imagine ever to have a small screen again! The reaction from colleges at work when they see my PP (and do they see it) is amazing! The other WONDERFUL thing about this device is the battery life, my word! I have taken it off charge at around 06:00 Am - it is now 17:00 in South Africa and I'm on 60% battery left - never charged it once - it looks like the longer I have it the longer the battery last. I get �200 work emails per day and �100 personal emails per day - most of my work emails have large attachments and I listen to music, make phone calls, record my phone calls, take pictures etc, I work my phone all day, it is my diary, dicta-phone, assistant etc. and after a day like today to still have 60% battery is mind blowing, hence me writing this post. Last night after a similar day I only put my phone on charge at midnight - it was on 14% battery - amazing!!

I love the speed of the phone, most apps are working fine and IMO overall an excellent device. I do however have a few small issues,
    1. Sometimes my keyboard does not light up - irritating especially in a dark room;
    2. When I reloaded all my Z10 data to the PP, SNAP did not load and for the life of me I can't get it to load again, my laptop is refusing Snap now, I don't know why and I want Snap back. Is there NO easier way to get Snap on the PP? I am obviously not a computer tecchie, hence my difficulty.
    3. I record ALL my phone calls, have been doing so for more than a year with an app on the Z10, the same app is now not working on the PP and the other one I have is not headless, I now have to leave the app open and I don't like that.
    4.Flip shush app is not headless on PP and only works for media now - the "built-in" mute function is not doing it's job when I turn the phone upside down, and yes I made sure the settings is correct.
    5. Amazon (came with the phone) is not working AT ALL - don't even open.... How does that make sense?
    6. Instagram is not working at all and it worked 100% on my Z10 - I do use iGrann but like to have had Instagram also - don't understand why it's not working
    7. I miss my HDMI port - I have a cable and I used it on my Z10 - I must still explore the miracast thingie and get an adaptor for it to work on my not so smart TV.

For the rest - well I love my PP and Blackberry, don't want another device!

A nice to have would be the remote control function on the PP - I think that's pretty nifty and I like it when my friend mess with the AC in the boardroom from his Samsung phone and no other soul understand what is going on....

That's me for now - posted from my AMAZING Passport
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-11-14 09:27 AM
    Just into my second day and the two biggest adjustments (coming from a Z10) are:

Not being able to type one-handed.

Remembering that I actually have to press the keys rather than just touch.
    12-11-14 10:00 AM
    Glad you all like the phone. I am using PP for two weeks approximately and when I had to fix my coworker 's Q10, I actually told him - how can you work with such a small screen?!
    Try to make use of BlackBerry Blend and you'll love it.
    To solve the issue of the Amazon- try hard reset and if this doesn't work then do security wipe. Don't forget to backup the phone before.
    Do clean install for everything after

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 10:18 AM
    Hard reset ( reboot) may be in order to get some of your apps working.
    12-11-14 10:41 AM
    Today is the 9th day I'm using my Passport and may I say - I LOVE it! It took me about 4 days to get the hang of the keyboard and I can still improve on speed, I find that I focus on my spelling and pressing keys that I forget that I can actually just flick words... I come from a Z10 so this is new to me. After 2 days of almost never letting the Passport out of my hands I had to do something on my Z10 again and boy-oh-boy - I could not believe how minute the Z10 felt in my hand compared to the Passport - one get used to the big screen so easily and then you literally get hooked on it and I can't imagine ever to have a small screen again! The reaction from colleges at work when they see my PP (and do they see it) is amazing! The other WONDERFUL thing about this device is the battery life, my word! I have taken it off charge at around 06:00 Am - it is now 17:00 in South Africa and I'm on 60% battery left - never charged it once - it looks like the longer I have it the longer the battery last. I get �200 work emails per day and �100 personal emails per day - most of my work emails have large attachments and I listen to music, make phone calls, record my phone calls, take pictures etc, I work my phone all day, it is my diary, dicta-phone, assistant etc. and after a day like today to still have 60% battery is mind blowing, hence me writing this post. Last night after a similar day I only put my phone on charge at midnight - it was on 14% battery - amazing!!

I love the speed of the phone, most apps are working fine and IMO overall an excellent device. I do however have a few small issues,
    1. Sometimes my keyboard does not light up - irritating especially in a dark room;
    2. When I reloaded all my Z10 data to the PP, SNAP did not load and for the life of me I can't get it to load again, my laptop is refusing Snap now, I don't know why and I want Snap back. Is there NO easier way to get Snap on the PP? I am obviously not a computer tecchie, hence my difficulty.
    3. I record ALL my phone calls, have been doing so for more than a year with an app on the Z10, the same app is now not working on the PP and the other one I have is not headless, I now have to leave the app open and I don't like that.
    4.Flip shush app is not headless on PP and only works for media now - the "built-in" mute function is not doing it's job when I turn the phone upside down, and yes I made sure the settings is correct.
    5. Amazon (came with the phone) is not working AT ALL - don't even open.... How does that make sense?
    6. Instagram is not working at all and it worked 100% on my Z10 - I do use iGrann but like to have had Instagram also - don't understand why it's not working
    7. I miss my HDMI port - I have a cable and I used it on my Z10 - I must still explore the miracast thingie and get an adaptor for it to work on my not so smart TV.

A nice to have would be the remote control function on the PP - I think that's pretty nifty and I like it when my friend mess with the AC in the boardroom from his Samsung phone and no other soul understand what is going on....

Hopefully you get all the kinks worked out. I never do a reload. Always a clean, fresh install. I just take the time to set up all of my apps and different accounts as I use each throughout the course of my days & week. Yesterday marked 1 week with the phone and I think I've just about gotten it completely setup.
    I can't say enough about the phone. It is everything I ever wanted and needed in a hand-held device.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    Last edited by j21jam6; 12-11-14 at 12:49 PM.
    geekaren likes this.
    12-11-14 10:43 AM
    Welcome fellow Safa! I've had mine nearly 7 weeks and it's the best phone I could ask for. I preferred all touch, coming from a Z10 that had no issues (a better battery would of made it flawless) and it took me a few days to get comfortable with a physical keyboard again. Now it feels natural. Carrying it around is more challenging than a Z10 but you get the hang of it quickly. I've not had the issues you mention, I did a clean install, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Congrats and enjoy the phone, and I hope you get those little issues sorted out.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-11-14 11:02 AM
    Can anyone help me.. how to install snap here

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 11:37 AM
    Can anyone help me.. how to install snap here

Posted via CB10
    Wrong thread for the request but here http://m.crackberry.com/how-use-snap...roid-apk-files

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-11-14 11:48 AM

As far as the keys not lighting up.....its an OS glitch. A hard reset fixes that too. I'm sure it will be corrected in the next OS update. Loving my passport too!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-11-14 12:42 PM
    Hi OP, how you finding blend?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 01:12 PM
    I have had my passport since launch day and the more I use it, the more I find myself loving the device. So far this has been the best BlackBerry I have owned, I came for IOS and a iPhone 6+, sold the iPhone on Craigslist for a profit and not looking back. I am back on my BlackBerry and here to stay.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-11-14 01:13 PM
    If you got stock OS on your PP you should have already updated when you first got it to the latest leak before even using it.
    12-11-14 01:34 PM
    Regarding HDMI out, note your charging port is also a micro HDMI port now!

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 02:30 PM
    As for 7, I understand why BlackBerry went with Slimport since the Z30. Cuts cost and is the latest in tech. Got the Slimport adapter for $15 and it included a HDMI cable and charging cable. You don't need multiple cords going to the phone anymore. Would like to see and update where you can "play on" a TV and have the Passport adjust to the native resolution on the TV. Atleast for multimedia.

EDIT- Found the "Play On" feature, and it fills the screen of the TV you play on. This feature combined with miracast for smart tvs gives the Passport a lot of of options to view multimedia.

PassPosted via CB Chen
    Last edited by Sulaco757; 12-13-14 at 09:19 AM.
    12-11-14 03:17 PM
    The more I use mine the more comfortable I get with everything. Considering what case /pouch to buy
    12-11-14 03:40 PM
    As for 7, I understand why BlackBerry went with Slimport since the Z30. Cuts cost and is the latest in tech. Got the Slimport adapter for $15 and it included a HDMI cable and charging cable. You don't need multiple cords going to the phone anymore. Would like to see and update where you can "play on" a TV and have the Passport adjust to the native resolution on the TV. Atleast for multimedia.

PassPosted via CB Chen
    I was able to use my micro HDMI cable already on my TV for my Z10 to play video from the Passport. No problems.

Hardest part was figuring out how to switch TV to the correct input signal.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 03:52 PM
    OP: be sure to check out this awesome tip thread to get the most out of your Passport :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=974137

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 03:56 PM
    0H
    1 Week into Passport - my findings!-img_0097.2014-11-29_112357.jpglk$$$Kmn
    [ATTACH]320132[/ATTACH

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails 1 Week into Passport - my findings!-img_0098.2014-11-29_112358.jpg  
    12-11-14 04:38 PM
    Glade you like the new phone. Let me try to help with some of the issues you are having.
    1. Keyboard not lighting up is an OS glitch, hopefully will be addressed with the new OS update.
    2. Snap did not reload because snap is not suppose to be there. I'm not sure how you are trying to do it, so it's hard for me to determine what you're doing wrong. All I know is I have it and it works great.
    3. I also record all my calls, I currently use Parrot Pro works great.
    4. You don't need Flip Shush, it is basically built in. Settings-Advanced Interactions.
    5. I've got nothing for your Amazon problem. It works great for me. Maybe try reinstalling it.
    6. Instagram for some reason doesn't work. No matter what version or where I get it from, I can't get it to work. iGrann works though and with more capabilities than before.
    7. You have an HDMI port. Your charging port and HDMI port are one now. You need to get a Slim Port cord to connect via HDMI.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 06:32 PM
    Thanks all for the advice, I updated Amazon and its now working albeit a ****ty affair. Good news is I managed to put Snap back and my friend loaded it on her Z30 too, so we're both happy again, the Google play notification on some of the apps we use is just annoying, but it's still a relief to be able to get those apps we otherwise not have had. We live in South Africa and there are not many apps for BlackBerry available in our country, so the Snap solution is a very welcome one .

With regards to the HDMI port, I hear you and I will definitely invest in a Miracast dongle, it's now a matter of finding one in South Africa.

I reloaded Instagram but as you said it doesn't work on Passport so I deleted it, I prefer iGrann anyway so it's not a issue.

I don't do leaks to scared I **** up my device so I'll wait for the official 10.3.1 update.

One thing I forgot to mention in my initial post was to mention that I think the 0 is sitting on a really stupid place. I keep pressing the 8 or the, as they sit where the 0 should be but I guess muscle memory will eventually take care of that.

Did I mention that I do like the idea of making slow Motion Videos.

Again, thanks for the advice y'all.

Till next time!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:46 PM
    I love my new home screen.
    Posted via CB10

Have now idea who the couple is but they're not put there by me, a anyway they're cute.
    Attached Thumbnails 1 Week into Passport - my findings!-facebook-20141207-222738.png   1 Week into Passport - my findings!-img_20141214_034811.png  
    Last edited by Leon Thiart; 12-13-14 at 08:06 PM.
    12-13-14 07:55 PM