Hello I was just wondering how is the screen on the P9983? Does it full of finger prints like the Q10? I'm thinking of getting one put the fingerprints on screen drive me crazy I have a Classic now and the Q10 but use the Classic more. Anyway does it smudge much?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 05:45 PM
    Honestly, once you get your hands on the P9983..you will feel so boss. How is the classic? I want to get one back up phone because I worry I will scratch up and abuse the p9983.

To answer your question, yes the screen smudges like any other phone.
    01-30-15 08:14 PM
    I'm thinking of buying a p9983, at the moment I'm using the classic, and I have got used to the tool belt, so I hope and not going to miss the told belt on the p9983.. I had the Q10 before and I didn't really felt the need for a tool belt, but now after using it for about to month is quiet good.

Anyone who has an input to this?

Posted by khanium
    02-02-15 06:14 PM
    I keep switching between a P'9983 and a Classic. I usually use the Classic when I know I am going to be away from the office for a while and so I take along the larger screen. But I love my 9983 and I use it exclusively during the weekends.
    I personally have no issues whatsoever with having/missing the tool belt. I got so used to the Q10 that I barely use the tool belt for anything other than picking up and hanging up a phone call. Since all the gestures are supported for both phone, it is a complete non-issue.
    If you got used to the gestures, I figure you will have no problem. The only real difference is screen size, IMO, so if you can work with the smaller one, I highly recommend it.
    02-04-15 08:53 AM
    What Sucks is the micro to nano

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 06:54 PM
    I keep switching between a P'9983 and a Classic. I usually use the Classic when I know I am going to be away from the office for a while and so I take along the larger screen. But I love my 9983 and I use it exclusively during the weekends.
    I personally have no issues whatsoever with having/missing the tool belt. I got so used to the Q10 that I barely use the tool belt for anything other than picking up and hanging up a phone call. Since all the gestures are supported for both phone, it is a complete non-issue.
    If you got used to the gestures, I figure you will have no problem. The only real difference is screen size, IMO, so if you can work with the smaller one, I highly recommend it.
    I need your help. I'm about to purchase a P'9983 but I need to know if the Keyboard is backlit or not. Everything I've seen doesn't show it.

Can you confirm if it is Backlit or not.

Thanks.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry Scarlet Passport.
    02-19-15 12:31 PM
    Yeah, Im in the same boat!! Thinking of getting the Porsche.
    Just purchased a White/Gold Special Edition Q10 for my wife- now I need a special phone too
    02-22-15 09:54 AM
    Yessir, P'9983 keys are backlit. Go get one!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 08:30 PM
    I can also confirm, they are indeed backlit.
    02-24-15 08:37 PM
    Excellent! Thanks everyone.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry Scarlet Passport.
    02-24-15 10:35 PM
    Hello I was just wondering how is the screen on the P9983? Does it full of finger prints like the Q10? I'm thinking of getting one put the fingerprints on screen drive me crazy I have a Classic now and the Q10 but use the Classic more. Anyway does it smudge much?

Posted via CB10
    You can wait until early september. They will be releasing another Porsche design BlackBerry. I think it will be an all touch phone

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    03-05-15 06:33 AM
    You can wait until early september. They will be releasing another Porsche design BlackBerry. I think it will be an all touch phone
    I don't think so, and September is still a looong way to go!
    03-07-15 05:17 AM
    Hey so I truly forgot that I was in the market for a p9983 lol! I ended up making a few switches at home. During the holidays I ordered a Q5 for someone in the family then shortly after that I ordered a z30 for myself that's when I was wanting the p9983! But after playing with the z30 for a while I couldn't get use to the shape it looked like an Android so I ended up switching with someone who recently ordered the Classic and felt that it was to old school looking I loved it! Then my daughter's birthday was around the corner and I got her the white pp when she opened I was in shock of how small it actually was it looked like a monster on youtube! Well a week or so after I got my daughter her pp I ended up ordering myself a blackberry pp I then switched the classic with the person I got the q5 for and gave the q5 to my sister. Everyone is a happy camper with their bb10 phone. Now I just want to get the leap in white to have it as backup to my pp after some careful consideration I realized the p9983 was not for! (I was able to get 3 phones for the price of one phone) I think that if they make a classic version I would be all over it next year during tax season that's for sure. Anyway since I started this tread a while ago I figured I give some kind of update! Cheers thanks for reading!

Posted via CB10
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    03-24-15 02:10 PM
    What Sucks is the micro to nano

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. Had the same 'ick' wjen coming from the Q10 to the Classic.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.2.281)
    04-08-15 10:42 AM
    Hello

P9983 has micro sim or nano?

Thanks
    08-01-15 09:31 PM
    Micro sim

Posted via P9983
    08-02-15 04:39 AM
    Does the Porsche phone double type?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 06:30 AM
    Nope

Posted via P9983
    Mr4aces and MrSuit like this.
    08-02-15 07:31 AM
    Micro sim

Posted via P9983
    surprised it is micro. all the new bb are nano. now i have to use adapter. decide to get p9983.

is the keyboard better than classic one.?

thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-02-15 01:15 PM
    Yes sir it uses Micro, you can always go to your carrier and they would provide a new sim, that is if you are not planning on using it with other device that requires Nano which could require constant switching. Be careful with those adapters there have been some horror stories as to damaging the sim card reader pins and such. You'll probably be better aligning the sim card by itself without the adapter , I do it all the time.
    About the keypad I would not necessarily say that it is better than the Classic, Q10 or the all time favorite Bold but it works great. Once you get used to it is a joy to use, I had my doubts at the beginning because of the glossy maybe slippery and separated lines of keys but it turns out that the tactile feel is awesome, the 3D effects and constant lighted condition makes it even better.

Posted via P9983
    08-02-15 01:32 PM
    Anyone have compared the notification volume of a P'9983 to a Q10 with the latest 10.3.2 release ?

Is it louder than the Q10, witch is lower since 10.3 compared to any other Blackberry 10 device ?

Frederic
    08-05-15 01:44 AM
    I have been switching between a P'9983 and a passport for a while now, using an adapter. I must say I have had no problems whatsoever. The ony problem I encounter is deciding which to go for. Passport for specs and screen real estate or PD for the feel and looks. If you are careful enough (and god knows I am not), you should have no problems, I truly hope.
    08-06-15 05:22 PM
    I am so frustrated, trying to order on line. they have issues. I cannot complete the transaction. it says cannot ship to me.

08-06-15 10:03 PM
    I am so frustrated, trying to order on line. they have issues. I cannot complete the transaction. it says cannot ship to me.

Gave up wont get it. I called they cannot help me. Wasted 2-3hours calling them. Funny I pretend to order other phone all good. But when I order Porsche, It gave me some error.

Buying a Passport then. I am not meant to get Porsche.
    08-07-15 10:23 AM
    Gave up wont get it. I called they cannot help me. Wasted 2-3hours calling them. Funny I pretend to order other phone all good. But when I order Porsche, It gave me some error.

Buying a Passport then. I am not meant to get Porsche.
    I was about to pull the trigger on the silver passport. then on my last try to get the p9983 it went thru. it must have been an issue at the store.

anyone knows if the p9983 will fit nicely in the oem Q10 leather holster?

thanks.

08-08-15 11:11 PM
31 12