My friend used to be a fan of Blackberry like me , using devices manufactured by Blackberry since the last 6 years. Recently he bought a new P'9983 from the UAE. as the handset is not available in my country.
    He got this phone for $2399 which is 1,50,000/- INR approx.
    What do you expect after paying such premium price.
    This is what happens after the purchase.
    1. Day: 1 the speaker cracks , miserably (ringtone speaker)
    2. At the end of a month: Keyboard issue, double typing has started just like the Q10.
    3. Battery hardly lasts more than 6 hours.
    4. Contact issue (phonebook) , they suddenly get disappeared, comes back automatically. Just Imagine, when you are in the middle of something important you want to make a call and you cannot find the phone numbers.

Now, when i visit the local blackberry service centre , they don't have a answer. They say they cannot take this phone for repair as they are not authorised to do so.

how to you feel when you spend such a big amount on phone , which the company calls it a premium device but to find it inferior with defects and nobody to help you out.

I am feeling helpless & embarrassing.
    03-28-15 02:32 AM
    Why are you bothering with service centers and such? The Porsche Design devices have dedicated support. If you legit bought the device, you have the numbers and contact info for support.
    03-28-15 03:36 AM
    no support in my country, when I call the phone gets connected to some other country.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 07:21 AM
    no support in my country, when I call the phone gets connected to some other country.

Posted via CB10
    So what's the problem with that?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    03-28-15 07:47 AM
    Why are you bothering with service centers and such? The Porsche Design devices have dedicated support. If you legit bought the device, you have the numbers and contact info for support.
    Eeeexactly
    03-28-15 07:48 AM
    when I called the customer care, they told me to give the phone at the blackberry service centre in my area, but they refused to accept the device saying " they don't have the authority ".
    they told me to take the handset to another city which if quiet far from my place.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 03:13 PM
    when I called the customer care, they told me to give the phone at the blackberry service centre in my area, but they refused to accept the device saying " they don't have the authority ".
    they told me to take the handset to another city which if quiet far from my place.

Posted via CB10
    Well then call the VIP Porsche support line again and get them to solve the problem. This isn't rocket science.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    03-28-15 03:21 PM
    I guess you are more worried than your friend

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 12:39 PM
    ye, I am.
    it's hard earned money, no matter to whom it belongs to.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 01:25 PM
    PD phones are subject to periodic manufacturing defects, etc. like any other device. Difference here is they should be bending over to backwards to resolve those issues.

I've owned all three of the PD berries and thankfully no probs, so no personal experience with support/warranty claims, but I would NOT accept any runaround if I ever had to.

Most of the stories I've heard involve no-questions-asked device replacement. Raise hell, they'll take care of you.

Posted via CB10
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    04-02-15 07:51 AM
    he should have got the P9981...classic and simple
    04-10-15 03:59 PM