Other than for the exclusiveness of the device is there a reason to buy one beyond that? I have a Classic right now.

Would even the new graphite version be essentially a step sideways? Any difference in performance?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 07:42 PM
    Other than for the exclusiveness of the device is there a reason to buy one beyond that? I have a Classic right now.

Would even the new graphite version be essentially a step sideways? Any difference in performance?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Same guts, different clothes.
    05-24-15 08:22 PM
    Only if you have money to burn, then you can purchase one for me and one for you

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.680
    05-24-15 08:34 PM
    Pretty much the same thing except you have a 10% higher chance of getting mugged.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.1.2558
    Soapm, Matty, rohan b and 1 others like this.
    05-25-15 12:26 AM

Thanks

Posted via CB10

Well if you have to ask............................................. talking from personal experience and after owning pretty much every Blackberry out there I can tell you this, imho the Classic is a great device and if you are happy with it just keep it. For me it results kind of difficult to hold it without remembering the Bold 9900 which was and for some still is one of the greatest ever made, the form factor, the awesome keypad, the stainless steel thingy in the middle of the frame and superb one handed cranking away ability are just a few of the things that comes to mind right away. Now after using newer devices with the OS 10 going back is difficult too so in the interest of moving forward I've tried various Blackberrys among other brands, my favorites from the ones that I still own: the Bold just because, the Z10 because of the form factor too and great keypad for an all touch device, the Q10 again because of the form factor which makes it a breeze to carry anywhere and of course the one hand operation. The Classic I let go because I found it to be a little bigger than initially thought and not as great form factorwise for one hand operation, not that I wasn't able to use it one handed only but it was not as great of a feel imho, opinions do vary, still is a great device. Now with the P9983 I feel back in the perfect size and everything else device, at first I thought that the glossy keypad with the separate rows of keys was going to be a pain but it turned out that the tactile feel is just awesome, the 3D effect, illumination, crispy amoled display, 64GB internal memory + 128GB external, removable battery, the construction, details and again form factor is second to none. Because I'm used to the Q10 it was easier to adjust to go without the toolbelt again, if you are way too attach to it it may be a little awkward at first but nothing that cannot be managed.

At the end you should follow your heart after all you only live once and if you have the mula or mojo just go for it....sure an Aerostar SUV might have ac, power windows, and headlights so does a Porsche, now which one would you rather drive everyday ? For the sensitive ones this is just a metaphor and nothing else, yes like you can have a Mr. Coffee oooooooor...............Then again it won't even apply here because the Classic is just great too. Good luck with your decision my friend !!!

Last edited by rayporsche; 05-25-15 at 04:37 PM.
    Icardi101, Q10Bold, Matty and 3 others like this.
    05-25-15 01:57 PM
    Reason to buy the Porsche Design P'9983 OVER the Blackberry Classic:

1) Design & Materials Used
    3) Status Symbol - Exclusive
    2) 64GB vs 16GB (Storage)

Reason to buy the Blackberry Classic OVER the Porsche Design P'9983:

1) Bigger Battery + 415mAh
    2) Bigger Screen + 0.4 Inches
    3) Tool Belt (debatable)
    06-06-15 03:40 AM
    Because you can buy it

Sent from my Porsche Design P�9983 smartphone from BlackBerry
    06-19-15 04:21 PM
    To show it off. You pull it out of your pocket and bam! People know you have that much money.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-29-15 05:26 PM
    Just ordered mine! Still rocking my Passport however I have wanted a PD phone forever. Now with my new job it will become a reality!

Posted with my awesome BlackBerry Passport
    zmsox and rayporsche like this.
    07-04-15 02:24 PM
    Exclusivity

Swag

Attention

BlackBerry + Porsche Design

64GB Storage

Custom Pin (2AAxxxx)

Yip, those are the reasons I would buy one. If I had the money.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    07-17-15 12:28 PM
    Well my P9983 has just arrived. I am admiring it sitting there in its custom box. What a beautiful device. Will it replace my Passport. I don't know yet. Will I use it on those days I want to show off. You bet. Why do I have it? Because I can!

Posted with my awesome BlackBerry Passport
    07-17-15 04:02 PM
    Overall I prefer the Passport,but bought the Porsche 9983 instead so iPhone and Android users cant debate with me.as for the Classic,ill rather get 2 Q10s instead as the price difference is huge but specification wise is close.

Posted via my P9983
    07-18-15 09:52 PM
    I can't seem to get the watch wallpaper?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:27 PM
    I can't seem to get the watch wallpaper?

Posted via CB10
    There is no "Watch Wallpaper". There are two ways to get the watch to display on your phone.

1. Put your phone in Bedside Mode (defeats the purpose of having the phone)

2. Click on the Clock App as if to set an alarm. That will bring it up. You could technically keep that running but it's an "app" technically so it would probably drain the old battery.

*If you look at any photo of a PD BlackBerry you'll see the alarm set bar below the clock*

Posted with my Graphite Porsche P'9983
    09-07-15 10:45 PM
    Pretty much the same thing except you have a 10% higher chance of getting mugged.

Posted via LG Flip Phone
    Mugged, lol. The Porsche Design to non-techy's is like a Rolex to people who know nothing about watches. The type of person who would mug someone for a phone wouldn't know what Porsche Design meant. BTW, when did you switch back to an old flip phone?

Posted with my Graphite Porsche P'9983
    dmateo likes this.
    09-07-15 10:51 PM