Hi All....tried a PP SE but had issues with the build quality....went back to my PP, Q10 and Classic...then I had my head turned by the Note 5 tried it out for a few days but inevitably came back to BB, like I really thought I could leave....so I decided it was time to invest in the PD 9983 Graphite Edition!! Looking forward to getting my shipping notification!!

Any issues that I should be aware of other than the 2 year old hardware and specs for such an expensive phone....to make me send it back before the 30 days!

Any constructive comments would be appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    08-28-15 02:41 PM
    Hi All....tried a PP SE but had issues with the build quality....went back to my PP, Q10 and Classic...then I had my head turned by the Note 5 tried it out for a few days but inevitably came back to BB, like I really thought I could leave....so I decided it was time to invest in the PD 9983 Graphite Edition!! Looking forward to getting my shipping notification!!

Any issues that I should be aware of other than the 2 year old hardware and specs for such an expensive phone....to make me send it back before the 30 days!

Posted via CB10
    Wow! I'm so jealous...was the other day at a PD Store in Germany. YEAHHHH! That phone is great!!
    08-28-15 02:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Omg I would still go for the SE way more than the useless porsche design. Higher specs, why downgrade for more money? Does not compute.
    08-28-15 02:55 PM
    What was wrong with the build quality of the SE?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 02:58 PM
    For me it really comes down to the size and feel of the phone...don't get me wrong the PP SE was very nice to hold compared to the PP and the keyboard was a definite upgrade but carrying it around for all of my meetings and other social events made me realize that this is not the way to go again as I tried it with my PP. So it is not about specifications and power at least for me....much like the Note 5 I found myself spending too much time trying to master applications and settings when I should be focused on my family, life and my work.

As for build quality I ordered 2 units separately to see if it was just my first one but both had a screen fit issue that I could feel when swiping from the top down...there is a thread in the PP forum for more info.

Thanks for your interest!!

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and pat-wallace like this.
    08-28-15 03:13 PM
    Enjoy the P9983! I have one beleive me it's a beauty!! You will notice people eyes staring at you as long as you pull the P9983 out of your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 10:55 PM
    Enjoy the P9983! I have one beleive me it's a beauty!! You will notice people eyes staring at you as long as you pull the P9983 out of your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent...just received the shipping notification..going to be an early Christmas for me!!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 01:36 AM
    Darn, a bit jealous now.

I've been on the fence between Slider and Passport SE since the Slider rumours surfaced.

But somehow I got the Graphite P'9983 in my head since yesterday and have been feeling giddy thinking about owning one...lol.

Since it's a luxury phone that's priced on it's build quality and looks - I really want to know if the Graphite P'9983 is not all shiny metal - I prefer the Matt look.

I know the keypad has glossy keys. I've checked few unboxing videos, but none do any justice to the Graphite P'9883.

I have used a Z10 in the past, and current drivers are Q10 and Z30. I got the Q10 just to try something different than the Z10 and did not think much about the phone. Initially I did not like the clicking sound of the keypad but then grew accustomed to it. I wonder if it's the same clicking sound on the P'9983!

I've had the Q10 for almost 2 years, but I really started to appreciate it over the past few months. I took time getting used to the smaller screen in the first few months, but the keyboard is just pure pleasure on the Q10.

16GB has become a bit restrictive and so I want to look for atleast a 32GB BlackBerry - and now the P'9983 seems to be a very viable option in addition to the SE and the Slider (a long shot).

The pricing is attractive on ShopBlackBerry, but I had better wait until the Xmas shopping season. I hope to be able to buy it then.

The Q10 is a very powerful workhorse, the P'9983 is the luxury Q10 and with 64GB it will be a very powerful warhorse.

Drafted on my Q10
    Last edited by MrSuit; 08-29-15 at 02:56 AM.
    08-29-15 02:35 AM
    Did you receive this device yet?

Posted via Passport SE - 10.3.2.2639 
    08-30-15 10:27 AM
    I just ordered a graphite P'9983 as well. Looking forward to using this device!
    rayporsche likes this.
    08-30-15 10:59 AM
    Did you receive this device yet?

Posted via Passport SE - 10.3.2.2639 
    No FedEx is saying Tuesday this week!!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 11:26 PM
    Well it arrived and to say that I am impressed is an understatement....the phone just feels amazing in the hand with the leather back and overall shape etc...and the keyboard is silky smooth...much better feeling then the Q10 IMO!! Now back to work to land a few more deals to pay for it!!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 02:56 PM
    Well it arrived and to say that I am impressed is an understatement....the phone just feels amazing in the hand with the leather back and overall shape etc...and the keyboard is silky smooth...much better feeling then the Q10 IMO!! Now back to work to land a few more deals to pay for it!!

Posted via CB10
    Nice!
    If you are able to post some pictures, go ahead
    Love the looks of that device

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 03:18 PM
    Excellent...just received the shipping notification..going to be an early Christmas for me!!

Posted via CB10
    Mark. How long did you wait for shipping notice. I ordered the graphite from Shop Blackberry on 31st August. Not heard a thing since.
    09-02-15 11:58 AM
    Ooooh! It's going to be a long day at work, knowing that my granite P'9983 is waiting for me at home...it just got delivered today (ordered on August 30).
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-02-15 12:33 PM
    Mark. How long did you wait for shipping notice. I ordered the graphite from Shop Blackberry on 31st August. Not heard a thing since.
    Hi,

Ordered it on the 28th early afternoon received shipping confirmation @ 9:30PM same day!!

From from my Perfect P9983 Graphite!!
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    09-02-15 01:29 PM
    Ooooh! It's going to be a long day at work, knowing that my granite P'9983 is waiting for me at home...it just got delivered today (ordered on August 30).
    Enjoy!! It is a major upgrade to any BlackBerry that I have used so far including the PP SE! I know others will disagree with the power / specs but I don't need to land the space shuttle with my phone so it works great for me!!

rayporsche and Q10Bold like this.
    09-02-15 01:32 PM
    I am sure I will. Part of the reason why I wanted to get the P'9983 was because of the size. The Passport SE (and original black as well as red) for me was too big and heavy for daily use. Of course, it being so gorgeous is a huge plus!
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-02-15 02:53 PM
    Received mine yesterday. I've wanted a Porsche design Blackberry for years. I love it, worth every penny

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and BBRYQ10 like this.
    09-02-15 04:03 PM
    Got mine in August. The leather back cover is an issue. It is worn out already. Got the graphite one. The rest is all good and quality. Good thing is you can replaced it BUT quite expensive. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 04:46 PM
    What's with the sudden rise in P9983 purchases in here? I just ordered another one yesterday myself.
    09-02-15 04:46 PM
    What's with the sudden rise in P9983 purchases in here? I just ordered another one yesterday myself.
    Must be a sign...I know I am tired of chasing the next best thing in terms of specs and power. I prefer a better build quality and overall user experience as my main motivation now!!

I do not want another android so I am backing that BlackBerry will stay with BB10!!

dmateo likes this.
    09-02-15 05:47 PM
    I happened to be in DC on business. There's a Porsche Design store right in Tyson's Galleria 20 mins away. Had one Graphite left. Scooped it up immediately. Had a Q10, Classic, and Passport. Just something about this device. Anyone who thinks it's just nicer looking Q10 doesn't know what they're missing.

Posted with my Graphite Porsche P'9983
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-03-15 01:40 AM
    I happened to be in DC on business. There's a Porsche Design store right in Tyson's Galleria 20 mins away. Had one Graphite left. Scooped it up immediately. Had a Q10, Classic, and Passport. Just something about this device. Anyone who thinks it's just nicer looking Q10 doesn't know what they're missing.

I'm calling the PD store in the morning down in soho (nyc) near where I work. If they have it I too will be picking it up :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-03-15 02:15 AM
    I'm calling the PD store in the morning down in soho (nyc) near where I work. If they have it I too will be picking it up :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Good luck! I've actually heard the Soho store always has one Black and one Graphite available. Love the Graphite battery door leathery cover. The original all Black is nice with Steel Bezel but the battery doory is more carbon fiber like with the Q10...

Hope you get...it's worth it.

pat-wallace likes this.
    09-03-15 07:53 AM
44 12