Seriously why the hate?? Sorry for the typo still getting used to latest leaked 10.3 keyboard.

Oh no, there's another Porsche Design BlackBerry | The Verge

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 04:42 AM
    Typo fixed
    FranRamos likes this.
    08-22-14 06:02 AM
    It baffles me how The Verge simply can't understand the target market for these. They even call the P'9981 a limited edition which it clearly wasn't. For them, every device has to have Android, a trizillion of cores and can't cost more than $150...

Posted via Q10 ?
    08-23-14 03:58 AM
    It's The Verge. That about sums it up. They seemingly cherry pick articles they can make fun of and ignore any of the positive stuff. They have some great content however, if you're looking for positive BlackBerry info you don't go there, plain and simple. It's not a new thing, they've been doing it for as long as the site has existed.
    FranRamos likes this.
    08-23-14 04:02 AM
    It baffles me how The Verge simply can't understand the target market for these. They even call the P'9981 a limited edition which it clearly wasn't. For them, every device has to have Android, a trizillion of cores and can't cost more than $150...

Posted via Q10 ?

The verge isn't a blog who likes BlackBerry. I don't know why, but anyway. The like the iphone, and that's ok for me. I don't read articles there when they are writing about the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 07:29 AM

The verge isn't a blog who likes BlackBerry. I don't know why, but anyway. The like the iphone, and that's ok for me.
    You're right, the comments section was pretty funny though. They have some interesting features concerning the developments of technology in general.

Posted via Q10 ?
    08-23-14 09:47 AM
    It really does not take much to figure out the tech blogger landscape..... the major sites make it very clear their preferences ie... Techcrunch.. BGR... the Verge.... etc... so not much of a surprise where their articles slant to.... it is sort of like Playboy Magazine... I go there for articles and more imporatanly the comments... tend to ignore the content as I know what to expect.....
    08-23-14 09:54 AM
    Really? I agree with them. Only people with more $$ than brains would buy these phones for those prices. There is nothing special about them and the hardware is the same or worse.
    08-23-14 10:10 AM
    Really? I agree with them. Only people with more $$ than brains would buy these phones for those prices. There is nothing special about them and the hardware is the same or worse.
    Looool, and that's why u would never understand.

Thnx for your insult by the way, and yes I do have more dollars than brains, way way more!

Looool your just too funny.

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    08-23-14 10:23 AM
    Looool, and that's why u would never understand.

Thnx for your insult by the way, and yes I do have more dollars than brains, way way more!

Looool your just too funny.

You're welcome. And yes the only reason to have one is for a fake status symbol. What is so great about it that cost sooooo much more. Porsche designed it?

Spend your hard earned $$$ as you want. I have property you might be interested in if you over pay for everything.
    08-23-14 10:29 AM
    You're welcome. And yes the only reason to have one is for a fake status symbol. What is so great about it that cost sooooo much more. Porsche designed it?

Spend your hard earned $$$ as you want. I have property you might be interested in if you over pay for everything.
    They also are extremely ugly. Everything's too sharp in those phones.

pin:2B7CAF06
    08-23-14 10:33 AM

Loool

I doubt your property is worth anything, but send over the details will take a look.

And yup, status symbol, yes beautiful device, and yes specs suit my needs.

I would recommend you use a nokia asha, would probably be exactly worth your hard earned cash.

Loool I like u, ur funny!

zmsox and kbz1960 like this.
    08-23-14 10:34 AM
    They also are extremely ugly. Everything's too sharp in those phones.

pin:2B7CAF06
    Oh god! Now ur realy wrong! They might be expensive, but they are a beauuuutttiiifuuul!

I love the sharp edges!

08-23-14 10:35 AM
    Loool

I doubt your property is worth anything, but send over the details will take a look.

And yup, status symbol, yes beautiful device, and yes specs suit my needs.

I would recommend you use a nokia asha, would probably be exactly worth your hard earned cash.

Loool I like u, ur funny!

I'm glad you know I'm joking. It's all in fun.
    08-23-14 12:50 PM
    What is so great about it that cost sooooo much more.
    Look at it! Feel it! Use it! Then you'll understand

Posted via Q10 ?
    08-23-14 01:03 PM
    Even though it's The Verge, I can't help but see Porsche Design as anything other than separating gullible people and their money. Why buy a regular old phone/watch/shoe/Touareg when we can stick thousands of dollars worth of gaudy chrome on top of it and call it a Porsche Design phone/watch/shoe/Cayenne?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 01:28 PM
    As I said, because of looks and feel. That's why :P That has absolutely nothing to do with being gullible as long as you're clear about what you're paying for.
    Gullible I'd color those who believed in BB10 being a game changer in 2013, but that's another story...
    Last edited by MaxxxBerry23; 08-25-14 at 12:16 PM.
    08-23-14 01:54 PM
    Even though it's The Verge, I can't help but see Porsche Design as anything other than separating gullible people and their money. Why buy a regular old phone/watch/shoe/Touareg when we can stick thousands of dollars worth of gaudy chrome on top of it and call it a Porsche Design phone/watch/shoe/Cayenne?

Posted via CB10
    As I said, because of looks and feel. That's why :P
    Although, as MaxxxBerry23 said, it has a certain look and feel, some like the status symbol - the fact that it is a "Porsche" phone. As long as you realise that's what it is, then there's nothing wrong with that.

...or you could argue that you get 4x (64GB) flash space/similar.
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    08-25-14 07:01 AM

It's made in canada... and I the person who assembles this phone can at least have a good life with the salary... that's the reason for me( I know a lot of parts are still coming out of China etc, but at least not everything)
    . I don't care about the Porsche Design- I have a Porsche as car, but I don't need just expensive labels.
    and yeah sometimes it's even ok to buy something because you can do it, when you work hard for it, like I do every day... sometimes I like to save the money for that what I want to have instead of buying 10 phones, I get one for 3 years...
    Why do I ride a Nicolai bike frame instead a cheaper one? Made in Germany! The welder is able to feed a family with his salary. Why not do I try not buy China clothes?, because Trigema produces also very nice clothes, 100 percent in Germany... hu! The worker have rights and get a salary again and so on... and the funny part is, I get a fair salary, and use it for things I think are worth for..
    Maybe change your thinking

And no I don't have rich parents - I am just an engineer...maybe a good one...thatswhy my salary is fair... maybe my employer just life's the same way...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:37 AM
    Although, as MaxxxBerry23 said, it has a certain look and feel, some like the status symbol - the fact that it is a "Porsche" phone.
    Thanks. Well yes these things sell purely with build quality and exclusivity. Go take a Touareg for a ride and then a Cayenne - you'll see what the difference is...

Posted via Q10 ?
    08-25-14 12:19 PM
    But does it work better or do more?
    08-26-14 06:40 AM
    Sure. Just not to the point where everyone will justify the price of these upgrades.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-26-14 09:18 AM
    Thanks. Well yes these things sell purely with build quality and exclusivity. Go take a Touareg for a ride and then a Cayenne - you'll see what the difference is...

Posted via Q10 ?
    Yeah, the Cayenne makes Franck Ribery look attractive...

Posted via CB10
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    08-26-14 09:22 AM
    It's the appreciation for different aspects. It's the same with everything in this life. Just because it's expensive and you don't want it don't knock others for that. I would assume your the same kind of person who would tell me I'm crazy for owning 3 Rolex's but I have the appreciated for quality, and the people who want everything to perfection. I don't mind paying more if it is keeping the local workers working or giving the person a fair wage for there work. In all that I buy it's from USA, Canada, UK, Germany and other close nations. When I buy clothes I don't mine paying 325$ for a sweater made in Canada or UK, or paying 300$ for jeans made in the USA. To each there own and with those with there cheaper thinking and larger profit margins it's going to lead to the eventual demise of nations.

I for one if I had more disposable income I would be picking up one of these beautiful devices. Tastes are tastes and just because you like cheaper wine don't knock those who like more expensive wine. Simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 11:35 AM
    Why do people buy tiffany diamonds instead of plain old gia certified diamonds?

Sometimes people want something special, better quality materials and exclusive branding. Nothing wrong with that even if it does the same thing.

I think it's great that porsche is still working with blackberry in releasing these beautiful devices.

And they are cheap compared to vertu and tag heuer's androids!

iP5, iPad2, Q10, Z30, and soon passport!
    09-17-14 11:27 PM
28 12