I currently have a Passport, but really want a P9983. My main concern though is screen real estate. Any thoughts from somebody who have or use both would be greatly appreciated.
    09-30-15 11:01 AM
    I have a Q10, which is essentially the same device. I looked at the Passport at the AT&T store, right away I can tell you that the screen size is definitely noticeable. The Passport's larger screen just seems better for everything the Q10/P9983 would do. Now, if the Passport's design is getting tiresome or you would prefer the smaller size of the P9983, I don't see why you should not buy it. I'm pretty sure the Passport is more of a powerhouse than the P9983, but BB10 runs pretty smooth in my experience on the Q10. I guess the choice would depend on what you plan on using it for and which design/size you prefer.

Edit: Also, battery life. I understand the Passport has great batter life while the smaller phone would probably not last as much.
    09-30-15 11:21 AM
    Well.. I just really like the design of the P9983. I'll use it for everything. Browsing, reading etc..

I don't like having two devices, so I'll probably sell the Passport if I end up buying the P9983. I think I use my backup device (z10) for a couple of days, and see if the hardware is too slow.
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    09-30-15 11:30 AM
    Whichever you decide to go for, I'm sure you'll enjoy.
    09-30-15 11:34 AM
    Hm.. that's what I'd tell myself to try to rationalise a one night stand, not make a tech purchase. :P
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    09-30-15 12:00 PM
    LOL
    Well, as an investment, I would consider the same things... I guess...
    09-30-15 12:21 PM
    I use both. Admittedly the p9983 is under a week old (I'm typing from my se passport because I don't have the screen protector for the pd yet), but I have used my q10 in tandem with my og passport in the past. Heres my thoughts. Real estate and battery, second to none on passport. Q was easy to swap batts, but p9983 not so much. I think it will be my weekend or special occasion phone, or I will sell it. Not super practical, but damn nice to look at.

Posted via CB10
    JRF_1986 and mister2d like this.
    09-30-15 03:19 PM
    Thanks for the feedback.

I've never seen the P9983 in person, so I'm curious if I'd live up to my design expectations, aka If it's as amazing looking in person. I love my Passport, but every now and then I really want a smaller phone.

I saw a couple of reviews on youtube yesterday, and one said something I didn't expect. It said that the keyboard was terrible. Any thoughts?

I'll probably opt for a Priv for my brother, and take it from there.
    10-01-15 03:06 PM
    Keyboard is not horrible. A little tighter than the q, but not horrible by any stretch

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 07:52 PM
    I have passport 9983 and 9982 cheers

Posted via CB10
    11-21-17 07:19 AM
    I have the PD and the keyboard is great. In fact, I came from the Q and while I like the Q, the PD is much better. AND no issues with dead or non-responsive keys....

Thanks for the feedback.

I've never seen the P9983 in person, so I'm curious if I'd live up to my design expectations, aka If it's as amazing looking in person. I love my Passport, but every now and then I really want a smaller phone.

I saw a couple of reviews on youtube yesterday, and one said something I didn't expect. It said that the keyboard was terrible. Any thoughts?

11-23-17 02:23 AM
    I really like my P'9983, but I always miss my Passport after using it for a day or so. I am so used to the big easy keyboard on the Passport, that the smaller more 'complicated' keyboard of the P'9983 is harder for me to use. The keys feel great, just not near as fast as on the Passport.

The screen size is also a huge difference. It's not that the screen on the P'9983 is too small, it's just the Passport is so big and nice.

EDIT: I just noticed how old this thread is...
    11-24-17 07:45 PM
    Also I have just got passport Weis lovely

Posted via CB10
    05-21-18 03:10 PM
    Thanks for the feedback.

It is a great phone. Have not really used the PP due to the need to one, use with one hand, two, switch quickly between multiple languages, three, have always had in the heat and the humidity issues with the capacitive PKB. For the PD, do issues with keyboard failure such as the with the Q's, very very sturdy, of course eye catching, and pocket size. Of course, I do believe the 9900 smiley was the best PKB ever, but the PD is very good: reliable, responsive. And I have two. So, I do not think I was lucky in the draw with the keyboard I received.
    05-22-18 07:28 PM
    I'm using 9983 now, previously I used regular PP (non SE).. Both of these phones are really comfy in their own way.. But sadly by recent situation, BB 10 had been left behind a lot (in terms of modern significant apps. - waze, FB, WA, etc.).. Yes, some are trying to push further by bridging these apps, but still it's just not what it is.. Simply, this situation had forced me to treat BB 10 as a 2nd-ary phone.. So if I were you, I'd choose 9983 over PP, since 9983 is more handy, fancy, & classy (the major reasons why many people are still using this phone), for the productivity aspects you may wanna leave it to the android or ios phones..

Posted via CB10
    05-23-18 02:57 PM