Hi,
    Does anyone know how the P9983 keyboard feels? Is it truly as easy to type on as is with the Classic? Does it have a tactile feel?

I hear people say it doesn't have a tactile feel and it's like a sponge feel.

I can't find this device anywhere to see for myself and I currently have the Classic and love its keyboard.

If you can provide feedback, I'd appreciate it. I'm planning to buy
    04-05-16 03:21 PM
    I have the same question.
    And
    What do You think, whether I will be so productive on p9983 as on classic?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 01:28 AM
    It has tactic feel. On mines anyways. I love the keyboard on it!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 10:59 AM
    P'9983 is comfortable than Classic because of �64GB� memory . P'9983 is lightweight as feather , very attractive and rare item. This gadget makes me think nothing of spec. Maybe more than two years...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kenzaer; 07-22-16 at 08:36 PM.
    Zedd88 likes this.
    07-22-16 08:21 PM
    It's probably one of the best devices blackberry ever produced.....

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 08:29 AM
    I have the same question.
    And
    What do You think, whether I will be so productive on p9983 as on classic?
    No. Nothing beats the tool belt and trackpad when it comes to productivity. No device can match the ergonomics and work flow of the Classic, be it Passport or Priv.

The P'9983 keyboard itself is something you have to get used to. The glossy keys provide less grip and the keys are shaped outward instead of inwards on other BBs such as the Classic or Q10.
    That said, it's not necessarily worse than the others and certainly better than the Priv but it is different with a slight learning curve
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    07-25-16 03:00 AM
    The keyboard on this device is the reason I DIDN'T get it. I went to the PD store, held it in my hands next to the Classic and Q10 and it just didn't feel right.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 01:00 PM
    The keyboard on this device is the reason I DIDN'T get it. I went to the PD store, held it in my hands next to the Classic and Q10 and it just didn't feel right.

Posted via CB10
    Why, friend? What is the argument against it?
    07-29-16 02:11 PM
    The shape is different. The feel is different. The look. Nothing about the keyboard felt right or familiar. The biggest thing BlackBerry is known for, the keyboard, is a different shape, feel, look. Maybe if the keyboard was exactly the same shape.

I know I'm being particular, but if I'm spending that kind of money, it has to have a better keyboard than the Q10 or Classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 03:00 PM
    The shape is different. The feel is different. The look. Nothing about the keyboard felt right or familiar. The biggest thing BlackBerry is known for, the keyboard, is a different shape, feel, look. Maybe if the keyboard was exactly the same shape.

I know I'm being particular, but if I'm spending that kind of money, it has to have a better keyboard than the Q10 or Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Where is the best keyboard? Priv, PP, Classic or Q10?
    Thanks, man!
    07-29-16 03:16 PM
    Q10 and then Classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 04:50 PM
    To me, it's great. It doesn't require as much strength as typing on a classic but that being said, classic has an edge due to the trackpad and call buttons

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-16 07:52 PM
    You probably watched a video on youtube and didnt care to even try it. This device have the best keyboard feel blackberry has ever created, clicky and precise. He one thing i dont liek is the fact that the glossy glass like finish makes it hard to see the alt characters, such as ? . , i find myself having a hard time identifying those keys.
    02-04-17 08:16 PM
    You probably watched a video on youtube and didnt care to even try it. This device have the best keyboard feel blackberry has ever created, clicky and precise. He one thing i dont liek is the fact that the glossy glass like finish makes it hard to see the alt characters, such as ? . , i find myself having a hard time identifying those keys.
    What video?
    Are you still on the p9983?
    A lot of lags?
    02-05-17 12:48 AM
    Dear Viktor. You have been asking and asking about the PD 9983 since 01-04-16,*07:03 PM . Check your post please. Many people have answered you queries, but for some reason you say. quote,

Dear Friends, help me, please! Last month I decided to buy BB Priv device (I want to replace my iPhone 6s Plus) for daily work and use at home, on the road and in office.
    For me the main things I need are convenience in typing (I use MS Office a lot, about 10 hours a day), Adobe Acrobat, etc., and also autonomy. I am working in the sphere of science, so I work with a lot of researches and databases. I need to read them, analyze, systematize. And I am also doing a lot of administrative work, that is why I always have hundreds emails every day and I should response on them very quickly, so I really work online. I also have a lot of calls and sms every day from my colleagues. I use Facebook and LinkedIn, Viber and Skype for work.
    Now I am using my BlackBerry Priv during 2,5 weeks and I am absolutely not satisfied with this device.
    1) It is much slower than my previous Galaxy Note 5 and Iphone 6s Plus!
    2) BlackBerry Hub is not the same as in BB10 (much slower and less productive, after 5 days I have deleted it);
    3) Less screen space than on Note 5 or 6s plus;
    4) Physical keyboard for me is not so comfortable as on my previous Passport Black.
    5) Three annoying things:
    - slider mechanism is awful (I mean the top panel shakes about the lower)
    - in 20 minutes of use Priv becomes very hot!
    - battery life (sometimes it is 7 hours and sometimes it is 2,5 hours).
    That is why I will try to sell Priv and I do not really know what to buy. I have two varients:
    1) To buy tool phone (I mean for calls, sms, mms, bbm, viber, whatsup, skype, mail) - BlackBerry P9983 or BlackBerry Classic and the second device for all the other work (I mean MS Office, videos, web), for example, Ipad Pro or Surface 3 or Vaio S11 2016 model (something not very heavy and with integrated LTE).
    2) To buy fast Android device with bigger screen to make all the work on it (Note 5, Huawei Mate 8, Sony Z6 Ultra (maybe Sony will show it on the 5th of January)).
    That is why I want to ask You what are Pros and Cons for BlackBerry P9983 vs Classic? Will You recommend it for me?
    Thank You! .

And then the post after you say. Quote.

I can buy now new PD phone p9983 for 630 Euro. But I am afraid that it can be worser than Classic and Passport.

To be fair pal, I took the plunge and purchased one. It was one of the best phones I ever had. It is now in storage, to be used when I feel like it.

Do yourself a favour mate and if you really want one, FFS get one. DO NOT keep asking people on people here.

Hope this helps.

PS The KGB will not be able to hack your PD9983. Unless you are the KGB.
    Last edited by Lawrie Sherratt; 02-06-17 at 01:43 PM.
    02-06-17 12:04 PM
    Viktor. Where are you my friend. Did you get the PD9983?. Got mine out of storage to take on holiday. It worked perfectly. Love my Samsung S8 but the PD9983 is something else.
    11-07-17 08:42 AM
    Keyboard is great. One, the build quality is much better than the Q's. Two, it seems more "clicky". Three, accuracy is just as good as with the Q's. Four, it looks unique.

Of course, I still think the "smiley" keyboard was the best...
    11-09-17 06:14 PM
    Five it's too small for fat thumbs

Posted via CB10
    11-14-17 05:42 PM