Today i noticed that there is a tear on the leather back just near the headphone jack, i dont know how it happened as I always keep my phone in a dustbag case, I wonder if this happens to anybody using a P9981. The phone has always been inside a case and yet this still happened. I attached some pictures hopefully you guys can see it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    07-23-12 05:21 AM
    This was exactly the same issue I had when I put the P'9981 into the PD Holster. It is caused by the abrasion of the phone being pulled in and out of the holster of any casing. That is the reason I opted for the Blackberry P'9981 Leather Pocket which has minimal contact with the leather battery case.

Use a car leather cleaner and protector and as you clean it.......press hard against the torn area as if to press the torn portion back into the whole leather back.
    Last edited by HK Low; 07-23-12 at 09:20 AM.
    07-23-12 09:16 AM
    Its awful, now i will probably cancel my holster order because I placed an order at Porche Design in Sydney, let me know how your new case goes and i might get the same as yours instead

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    07-23-12 09:19 AM
    The Blackberry P'9981 Leather Pocket is much better. The only area we have to be careful of is to keep applying leather care to the " U " portion of the battery cover where it contacts the case as preventive measure. Otherwise it is a much better case than the PD Holster (Pls avoid the PD Holster....it is horrible).

BTW, if you use the Leather Pocket (as the camera lens area is not protected) always face the lens away from possible knocks. If carry it in a bag, make sure the lens always faces the body and not outwards. If putting in pants pocket NEVER face the lens portion outwards.

Actually if someone were to make the Battery cover out of some smoother material (even plastic), I wouldn't mind using it.
    Last edited by HK Low; 07-23-12 at 09:30 AM.
    07-23-12 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD