hi
    i am using phone for 5 months,,i see many problems but with keypad first time today...i see that it does not works..then i take battery out and again put it. it did not work again
    then i get out battery again and put it ,this time works 10 minutes,now again keypad don't works..what i can do?
    11-05-12 05:44 AM
    latest official software on my phone
    and when i turn on phone i see on screen zizizizizizizizizi,,as though somebody press these 2 buttons))
    11-05-12 07:04 AM
    call the number on the card that comes with the phone and they should send you a replacement.
    11-05-12 01:42 PM
    this phone already replacament
    on first my phone was same problem..now keyboad works,.but buttons ziziziziziz is pressing everytime
    of my first phone was same problem
    i have bought it in hamburg porsche design store..but i live in other country...
    now i must go to hamburg to replace it again?maybe i must format it and rewrite software?
    11-05-12 02:13 PM
    oh my god this is terrible how are these luxury phones keep stuffing up, RIM should address this issue and do something about it because this isn't good anymore, I'm on my first replacement after my first one bricked itself, definitely call the number on the card I'm pretty sure you're still eligible for the RMA service. it doesn't matter where you live, mine is from London and I live in Australia I still managed to get a replacement.
    11-06-12 05:49 AM
    I think the problems are caused by the form factor of the phone as well as the stainless steel casing. Because it is so thin and because most parts of the phone are stainless steel.......you will definitely have contact / friction over the thin ribbon wire against the stainless steel structure. Over time, the ribbon wears off and you get a short circuit. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents worth ......
    filoinstyle likes this.
    11-06-12 08:07 AM
    "it doesn't matter where you live, mine is from London and I live in Australia I still managed to get a replacement. "

you think they will ship me new phone via post office?
    11-06-12 09:18 AM
    if my second phone has again this problem,the third will have this problem again))
    11-06-12 02:01 PM
    "it doesn't matter where you live, mine is from London and I live in Australia I still managed to get a replacement. "

you think they will ship me new phone via post office?
    yes they will...what they did to mine is they asked me to ship the phone to them (paid by them) but they gave me the shipping address as RIM service facility here in Australia eventhough I thought there is no RIM centre here, so your phone will not leave the country and they will send you a new replacement or repair your current one ad ship back within 3 weeks
    11-06-12 04:29 PM
    if my second phone has again this problem,the third will have this problem again))
    I know and that's what Im worried too, but they said that the new productions of this phone is far better from the first units they've released and I can see that. When I bought mine it's one of the first units that's been released and when I got my replacement it's one of those newer ones. The battery cover is firm and tight unlike my first one for example.
    11-06-12 04:31 PM
    my second phone is Made in Austria,they said that it is better,,but is broken too((
    11-06-12 05:29 PM
    you shipped back them phone ?to wich adress they said you ship phone?
    "so your phone will not leave the country"
    hmm..how it cannot live?in our country there is not official service.
    you think that they will ship me new phone and this phone will stay too?))i don' think so..
    11-06-12 05:33 PM
    when you bought your first phone?and when you changed it to new one?
    11-06-12 05:42 PM
    i write to technical support
    they answered:

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. We are pleased to assist you.

The issue that you have described seems a software one, and we would advise you to perform an Operational System reload on your Porsche Design smartphone to solve it. Before that, a backup of your personal information from the smartphone to a computer would be recommended, so as not to lose it with the OS reload. You will be able to restore it afterwards.

If for some reason this procedure does not solve your issue than the cause of it will more than likely be hardware related. We would need to know if the OS reload does solve your issue to know how to proceed, so please let us know, at your earliest convenience, what were the results of this procedure.

Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to perform a software reload on your BlackBerry P'9981 Porsche Design through a computer with internet access and BlackBerry Desktop Software installed on it.
    filoinstyle likes this.
    11-07-12 04:22 PM