Ok so today i was calling using my headset plugged to my P9981 and it wasnt actually working, the phone went to loudspeaker and i couldnt hear anything or even talk through my headset, i went to options and tried to switch the phone from speaker to handset but wasnt doing anything either so then i stopped the call and went to media player to see if my headset got some problems, the music was playing through the loudspeaker and not on my headset. I got worried and did a battery pull to restart the phone, after the reboot the phone works back to normal. I thought the 3.5mm jack got a problem but the fact that its fully functional now makes me think of an OS issue. Has anybody experienced something like this before?

Sent from my BlackBerry P9981
    07-05-12 07:16 AM
    This is terrible !! I heard of many such bugs like touch screen not working, trackpad not working, ribbon wire being squashed and keyboard short circuits.........I think RIM should just recall the phone and give each of us a stainless steel version of the 9900
    07-05-12 07:45 AM
    I have the same bug since 9900. I still haven't figured it out. When I receive a call after the phone was disconnected from my BMW same thing happens. It disappears after a battery pull though. I also have an email attachment download issue so I'll try a clean install tonight. That ought to fix everything.
    07-05-12 09:18 AM
    That sounds pretty bad we should totally address this to RIM but i love my porsche design blackberry though i dont wanna have another bold 9900 they should just fix this by software update or something. i cant give up my P9981

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    07-05-12 04:27 PM
    That sounds pretty bad we should totally address this to RIM but i love my porsche design blackberry though i dont wanna have another bold 9900 they should just fix this by software update or something. i cant give up my P9981

Buy one more like me as standby. For all you know, you may never be able to get another one once they stop production.
    07-06-12 10:02 AM
    I have the same bug since 9900. I still haven't figured it out. When I receive a call after the phone was disconnected from my BMW same thing happens. It disappears after a battery pull though. I also have an email attachment download issue so I'll try a clean install tonight. That ought to fix everything.
    You loading the 7.1.0.523 OS?
    07-06-12 10:03 AM
    im kind of digging in between a vertu ferrai or another porsche design blackberry

07-06-12 04:33 PM
    It really depends on what are your needs. If you need a phone that can allow you to type fast and closely resembles the Blackberry then you should go for the Vertu Constellation Quest. However, it lacks the email and BBM functionality of a Blackberry. The Vertu Ferrari is just a normal phone.

If you need full Blackberry functionality then go for the P'9981. Besides the price of the P'9981 compared to any Vertu phone is relatively cheap less expensive.
    Last edited by HK Low; 07-07-12 at 12:17 AM.
    07-07-12 12:07 AM
    Yeah im still gonna keep my porsche design blackberry i just want a vertu as a secondary device. It'll be pretty costy like any other vertu phones as usual, but ill see how i go

07-07-12 12:17 AM
    You loading the 7.1.0.523 OS?
    I just saw it and damn I installed 7.1.0.428 yesterday
    07-07-12 08:40 AM
    Yeah im still gonna keep my porsche design blackberry i just want a vertu as a secondary device. It'll be pretty costy like any other vertu phones as usual, but ill see how i go

I owned a Vertu before and they're just glorified Nokia's with the same OS and everything. Nokia and Symbian is dead as far as I consider.
    07-07-12 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD