CrackBerry User

PIN
    2AA01D53
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Button failure

I love my P9981 its amazing, however lately my bb button keep making Yi and my back button keep doing B$. i dont take my phone to the toilet and always use a leather cover from Porsche Design.
    Any clues how to fix this? I am in Malaysia so not sure how to claim warranty
    CrackBerry Abuser

The Glass Keypad is a very sensitive part. There are 2 to 3 flat wires that connects from the keypad to the circuit board. Depending on luck, these units may come assembled with the wires sandwiched between the keypad and circuit board. When it happens to touch a metal component it causes a short circuit.

You can either 1) open it up and tap the wires [disclaimer: of course at your own risk]. Read thread on "trackpad issues o p9981". K1za has repaied his own p9981 >> trackpad issue on p9981

or 2) order keypad from P9981 9220 parts and accessories direct from
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2AA01D53
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks... but called rim instead. I like to dismantle and re-assemble phones but P9981 is expensive... hahahaha but thank you for the parts info.. at least i now know where to get part for my other bb
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm having a few issues as well. Can I ask what RIM is willing to do for you?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2AA01D53
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

After sending to Local RIM service centre in Malaysia... 3 weeks later they replaced me with a new P9981, no charges at all! QUALITY SERVICE Love it however I now got a different pin but at least P9981 is back in my life.
    in that 3 weeks i used my 9900 its good but P9981 is so much nicer ..
    CrackBerry Newbie

I called RIM today because I was having a similar problem. The track pad would write H or HL and then the back button would do the same. Also the keyboard would double type "." key when only 1 key was pressed. It's within 3 months so RIM is sending a new phone to me and I have to ship back my old phone. No waiting for repair I insisted on a new device. Hopefully it shows up soon.
    CrackBerry Newbie

is it a software issue or hardware issue?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by G3bb View Post
    I love my P9981 its amazing, however lately my bb button keep making Yi and my back button keep doing B$. i dont take my phone to the toilet and always use a leather cover from Porsche Design.
    Any clues how to fix this? I am in Malaysia so not sure how to claim warranty
    Quote Originally Posted by possumatoj View Post
    I called RIM today because I was having a similar problem. The track pad would write H or HL and then the back button would do the same. Also the keyboard would double type "." key when only 1 key was pressed. It's within 3 months so RIM is sending a new phone to me and I have to ship back my old phone. No waiting for repair I insisted on a new device. Hopefully it shows up soon.
    It's strange that I have just had this problem today! My device randomly types Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi.

possumatoj, can you please share how you contacted RIM on this ? Email ?

We have a Porsche Design Dealer here but I believe if I take it to them they will only offer repair, which will take long time.

Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Button failure

Quote Originally Posted by meshal500 View Post
    It's strange that I have just had this problem today! My device randomly types Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi.

possumatoj, can you please share how you contacted RIM on this ? Email ?

We have a Porsche Design Dealer here but I believe if I take it to them they will only offer repair, which will take long time.

Thanks
    You can contact RIM by looking at the number located at the back of the special pin card that comes with your blackberry porsche, they will try and troubleshoot the issue with you and then if it doesn't work they will proceed to RMA service which you will return the phone back to them for repair and they will either repair the same unit or replace it with a new one. I've done that before with my first P'9981 which had a problem too. Hope that helps
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by filoinstyle View Post
    You can contact RIM by looking at the number located at the back of the special pin card that comes with your blackberry porsche, they will try and troubleshoot the issue with you and then if it doesn't work they will proceed to RMA service which you will return the phone back to them for repair and they will either repair the same unit or replace it with a new one. I've done that before with my first P'9981 which had a problem too. Hope that helps
    Thank you !