Okay, When I start up Word Mole and choose Multiplayer, I click on "invite", and when the invite list comes up, as soon as i scroll to find a person to invite, this message comes up:

Uncaught exception: Java.lang.Classcast Exception

then the game goes back to the icon screen.....

I've done battery pulls to no avail......help!
    01-05-09 08:27 AM
    uninstall wordmole, reboot, reinstall it.
    01-05-09 08:29 AM
    okay, wanted to do that at first, but where can i get it to reinstall it?
    01-05-09 08:31 AM
    its part of the os. so as long as the os and dm are installed on your computer, simply use dm to remove and reinstall it
    01-05-09 08:33 AM
    oh, ok. Will try that as soon as I get home today! Thanx so much!!!!!
    01-05-09 08:34 AM
    Now comes the inevitable "greedy post". Is there a way I can get Word Mole OTA, so I won't have to wait until I get home?" LOL!
    01-05-09 08:38 AM
    Okay, I deleted and reinstalled. No change. Still getting the "Uncaught exception: Java.lang.Classcast Exception" message. The "funny" thing is that this has never happened before, and now I have friends thinking that I'm scared to play them! lol!
    01-07-09 09:40 AM
    My fiance and I play together alot. On .65 we never got that error - on leaked 73 (I think it was) we got it all the time. Both of us. On .85 we never got it and on .75 we never got it.

What are you running? try wiping the phone...
    01-07-09 09:57 AM
    I'm running .75 now. Unless somebody has an idea to help, I'm guessing I'll wait for the next OTA update and hope that fixes it.
    01-07-09 10:06 AM
    Okay, When I start up Word Mole and choose Multiplayer, I click on "invite", and when the invite list comes up, as soon as i scroll to find a person to invite, this message comes up:

Uncaught exception: Java.lang.Classcast Exception

then the game goes back to the icon screen.....

I've done battery pulls to no avail......help!
    I have the same problem too. I've uninstalled and reinstall, didn't work. What do we do??
    01-24-10 12:05 AM
    That's unfortunate. Sounds like you'll have to reinstall the OS, if you want to go to the trouble for something like Word Mole. Java app errors are so tied to the OS that once you get one it's very difficult to resolve without reinstalling everything
    01-29-10 06:28 PM
    I had the same issue with my torch but the solution was

-go to messages
    -you will find an invitation for wordmole
    -delete it and the icon will disappear
    03-30-11 07:54 AM
    this white joystick word mole icon is killing me. i deleted the original invite. i went and played my daughter (the culprit who invited me in the first place...) i've searched messages, i've rebooted and batt pulled. i've got a bold 9650 and i want to get rid of this icon. it's mucho irritating.

any other suggestions? has anyone else had any success killing this thing?
    08-10-11 09:56 PM
    HA!!!!! just read a post on another thread that finally go it.

Messages> Menu button> Mark prior opened....

ta da!
    08-10-11 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD