Compared to the iPhone? I love my BB and will not ever get an iPhone, but the free games for BB are totally lame compared to the free games on iPhone. My wife has an iPhone and the games are awesome.
    08-15-09 01:42 PM
    The BB is not a media/fun phone. It is a business phone. Agreed, we should be able to get some better games, but that doesn't change what is the phone is made to do. What did you buy your BB for?
    08-15-09 03:02 PM
    some games are fun...i find the games on the bold are alot better than the ones on the 8900
    08-15-09 08:12 PM
    only thing i play is suduko or however its spelled
    08-15-09 08:30 PM
    Next Dual Pack, Ka-Glom, and Bubble Defense.

Three great games, all with good prices. Ka-Glom is free, the other two are $5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 03:11 PM
    The BB is not a media/fun phone. It is a business phone. Agreed, we should be able to get some better games, but that doesn't change what is the phone is made to do. What did you buy your BB for?
    i agree with you 100%... lately it seems like a trend buy a blackberry and you're "cool" even though you're not using it for business purpose or just in the way it was design to be used.

Blackberry: $250-599 phone + $20-40 BB Plan + $40-80 Phone plan : just to play video games, watch movies on a tiny screen and the ablity to say I'm important I have a blackberry and not an iphone... just buy an iphone already geez.

... my 2cents
    08-16-09 05:18 PM
    BB devices are still evolving from being a devices strictly for professionals to one with an increasing but lesser degree of emphasis on entertainment.Bring your expectations down a bit and realize that as time goes on more BB source code will become available for more apps.It would take a lot for me to switch from a Bold to an iPhone.
    08-16-09 06:04 PM
    General consumer market is new for RIM, traditional business users.

I guess we will see more games as the user base grows on the consumer side. Plus, it is really up to the 3rd party developers to fill this space, and right now the demand is at the iPhone because there is a greater consumer base.

08-16-09 06:31 PM
    iphone = 1 device with opengl support and money going into software (well games at least... lolz at no 1990's technology picture messaging). An easy to use toolkit for developing.

RIM = new devices every 6 months with multiple build quality issues on an outdated UI with no money being put into software development.

if you want pretty graphics... the blackberry is not for you.

sorry... but its the sad truth. Im gonna go cry now.
    08-16-09 08:23 PM
    ^^ This, + 3d accelerator and it doesn't use java apps or even worse midlet ports not using BB api's (although I think the no $ being put into software development is way off the mark).

Seriously, you should not expect them to be on par.

If you want gaming as a prerogative I suggest not getting a java based phone.
    08-17-09 01:37 PM
    Answer: BECAUSE BLACKBERRY USES A TRACKBALL
    08-17-09 07:31 PM
    Thank goodness blackberry at least has tetris. Umm. Tetris..yummy
    08-17-09 08:39 PM
    haha Tetris is awesome
    08-18-09 01:40 AM
    Tetris ftw lol and yea if your looking for grade A games go for an iphone.

08-18-09 05:03 AM
    Considering BB's hardware is designed for this, their software support is lacking. We can't use the same excuse anymore. (BB=business email). If you look at the latest advertisements, BB's are being targetted at the consumer segment.

Otherwise, be happy with your old school BB, it did email really well. No need to upgrade.
    08-30-09 03:24 AM
    i dunno. I like the blackberry over the iphone
    09-02-09 04:27 PM
    Here is what I have came up with. My friend has an iphone, really enjoyed the gaming and what not it offered. However the phone side of the that device is not for me.

He like myself prefers a BB for his phone device. I has recently decided to bite the bullet and get an ipod touch. So now I am equipped with a Tour and a touch. I do not get interrupted when playing games or doing anything on the touch. Where as my buddy either ignores all calls and texts or is interrupted.

Once I had gotten the touch, he wishes he would of gotten a BB and touch combo.

So for those out there wanting the fun side that the touch offers, buy the ipod version and have the best of both worlds.

FWIW I found mine at a pawn shop for 100 bucks!!!!
    09-03-09 08:50 AM
    try prismatic. it's a good game that looks good and isn't puff.
    09-03-09 08:58 PM
    If verizon had an iphone I would be all over it! But for now I will just rely on my trusty itouch!

09-04-09 01:24 PM
    i agree with you 100%... lately it seems like a trend buy a blackberry and you're "cool" even though you're not using it for business purpose or just in the way it was design to be used.

Blackberry: $250-599 phone + $20-40 BB Plan + $40-80 Phone plan : just to play video games, watch movies on a tiny screen and the ablity to say I'm important I have a blackberry and not an iphone... just buy an iphone already geez.

... my 2cents
    I'd have to strongly disagree with you. BlackBerry these days ARE NOT built just for business. If you've noticed RIM has changed their marketing to target all people, including non-business users. With this, you cannot say BlackBerry is for business only. There are waaay too many commercials and new "media/social" applications on the BB now.

I have BBs and an iPhone. The bottom line is the iPhone's UI is designed better for games. It's that simple.
    09-06-09 03:34 PM
    Other then the storm the blackberry design doesn't lend itself to a good interface for games. A smallish screen and a trackball are not very good for gaming.

The storm has a great inteface for games, exactly like the iPhone, but here is where I feel the RIM OS is lacking. Just not designed for gaming. Hopefully RIM will figure out that they need to cater to the consumer crowd more then the business crowd and update the OS.

Or it could just be the SDK that RIM provides to developers. Might not be as easy to program on the blackberry platform. Either way RIM needs to step up.
    Last edited by brinky; 09-06-09 at 05:00 PM. Reason: can't speel. :)
    09-06-09 04:58 PM
    From a business model perspective, I don't know why RIM or any other company would willingly pigeonhole themselves into specified niches. Ya, BB's are for business purposes and I do use the business email side to communicate with my clients and do business, but there are times like when I'm in the airport, or sitting in traffic, when I do want to enjoy myself and listen to music or watch a movie or play a game.

Business history (esp the last ten years) gives plenty examples of companies who were too blind to accept changes in consumer tastes and as a result lost their profitability, or went out of business altogether (GM, GM, GM). As a devoted BB user, I really hope RIM wouldn't be stupid enough to turn a blind eye to what consumers want/need.

On another note, some people here really need to get over themselves, saying things like this is for business, go get an iphone if you want to have a game is just foolish, why as a consumer would ever want another consumer to go away from a product you love and enjoy? That's less revenue for the company, and therefore less revenue to keep up with trends, and to innovate.

This newfound hostility of new berry users who may not be "business professionals" is stupid, arrogant, and short sighted. People buy blackberries for whatever reason they want to buy them. What gives you the right to tell them they shouldn't buy it? None of us was a genius regarding these things when we started, it takes time to learn the device, yet the patience that was granted to us seems to have run out for these new users and that's just garbage. On many threads, I see new users being mocked, yelled at, or flamed by other "older" users... seriously you guys need to get over yourselves. If you don't like new users, then restrict new membership to invite only, and then see how well you'll thrive.
    09-11-09 10:45 AM
    why as a consumer would ever want another consumer to go away from a product you love and enjoy? That's less revenue for the company, and therefore less revenue to keep up with trends, and to innovate.
    Because I, and many others could give 2 craps if other people are buying it or not. I got something because I wanted it.

And if you "go away" from a product simply because I said so, you're a sheep to begin with. Good riddance.
    09-11-09 01:06 PM
    Just google for RIM and you will find out that they aren't multimedia/gaming devices, RIM develops BB's for functionality for businesses.

Yes, RIM could pump out a specific BB bent on multimedia/gaming purposes, they have to answer to us consumers/business user's on what we would like to see in their products.

So far, the business ends of BB's have won over functionality for multimedia/gaming devices from RIM. Yes, VZW has commercials for BB's, if you haven't watched them closely its always in a setting of a business.

I am aware that RIM has 2 options: BIS or BES. BB's are for personal use and business, not truly intended for multimedia/gaming purposes though.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-11-09 01:26 PM
    Because I, and many others could give 2 craps if other people are buying it or not. I got something because I wanted it.

And if you "go away" from a product simply because I said so, you're a sheep to begin with. Good riddance.
    lol, textbook example of someone who needs to get over himself. genius of geniuses.. lol
    09-11-09 02:16 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD