I think opengl games should be able to be ran from the SD card exclusively....but RIM will probably hit us with the 'security issues' bs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 07:14 PM
    who the heck really wants to play games on your blackberry? what a joke...great time staring at that little screen....
    12-29-09 07:16 PM
    I would like to see some sort of flight game as well. Even something maybe set in space. Obviously, it would be accelerometer based. And I second many of the other suggestions.

But I agree, RIM really needs to give developers the capability to atleast put some of a games assets on the sd card. Otherwise your not going to get very in depth games, or be able to have very many installed at the same time.

12-29-09 07:41 PM
    I think a flight simulator would be great; and to the person who doesn't appreciate games on the bb. Look at the size of our screen compared to other phone screens. Exactly.

12-29-09 08:04 PM
    who the heck really wants to play games on your blackberry? what a joke...great time staring at that little screen....
    It would at least be some form of entertainment if you were on a long train/plane journey and you don't have a laptop with you.

Or stuck in a hotel with only a handful for shi*y channels.
    12-30-09 06:41 AM
    It would at least be some form of entertainment if you were on a long train/plane journey and you don't have a laptop with you.

Or stuck in a hotel with only a handful for shi*y channels.
    Don't mind him. He's just a troll.

12-30-09 11:20 AM
    Something quick and fun that would take advantage of the accelerometer...like Super Monkey Ball!

That's in the works it was demo'ed alongside NFS: Shift.
    12-30-09 11:34 AM
    <p>Don't know if anyone noticed. But NFS Shift was released for I-phone and Touch on the 18th. It was about 180 megs as well. ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY MEGS!!! How is anything going to port to a device that currently maxes out its top of the line device boot with less than 160 megs of ap space? RIM - either put an extra 16 Gigs on the device, allow access to the micro sd or just say we're giving up. The ewhole security thing is complete BS. Don't pee on me and tell me its a gentle spring rain. There are hundreds of different protocals that RIM can use to prevent access to critical information stored on the device. We give each application dozens of permissions as is. RIM wants you to believe they can't program the device to prevent an sd card application from accessing your e-mail or other walled area on the device. Yeah, and we're runnin out of bandwith too. Smoke up our arses is not sunshine on the face unless you live in JB's world.</p>
    12-30-09 11:58 AM
    They must of thought of the whole memory issue in advance though, and made up some sort of contingency plan. If not that would be allot of wasted 'man hours'.
    12-30-09 12:03 PM
    First: I have heard this since the day it happened and the more sources that confirm it, the more I am believing its true. The demo that was run for everyone was not on a user configured S2. The software was partially stripped out (we would call it mega-shrinking the OS). 2. The plan is less. Less cars, less tracks, less upgrade and unlock options, and LESS TEXTURES.

This is not EA's problem this is RIM's. They have not even released a patch for the browser to unlock opengl es, so that the browsing experience is a little smoother. It still scrolls like a PC without device drivers for the video card. The entire experience would be 100X better if they just released a tiny patch addressing that one issue. Don't need to re-write anything, let alone everything. Imagine going to a full web site and not mobile pages and having it load and scroll faster than ever before. Most of that is hardware acceleration and Flash is not necessary to do that. What is necessary is a willingness and competence to lead. The current RIM leadership has brought their vision from 20 years in the past to the present - - and they deserve alll the credit in the world for it. But either they don't have a clear vision for the future or they lack the will to push it through, or perhaps time has just caught up with their ability to lead the team forward.
    12-30-09 12:18 PM
    hey everyone ....

metal gear solid ...wow such are great game ...the new version please
    12-30-09 06:18 PM
    I don't know how anyone hasn't suggested this yet; far from memory intensive, yet annoyingly addicting, Paper Toss NEEDS to be on this list.
    12-31-09 12:51 AM
    Paper Toss NEEDS to be on this list.
    LOL! What is 'Paper Toss'? I am intrigued!

The original Half Life would be mega!
    12-31-09 06:20 AM
    I think a beer pong game because I can't practice the real thing at work so a digital one would be fine lol
    12-31-09 09:32 AM
    The entire experience would be 100X better if they just released a tiny patch addressing that one issue. Don't need to re-write anything, let alone everything.
    Really? You're talking about completely changing the way the phone renders and displays pages, doubt that can be done with a "tiny patch."
    Last edited by Joel S.; 12-31-09 at 09:43 AM.
    12-31-09 09:41 AM
    I think a beer pong game because I can't practice the real thing at work so a digital one would be fine lol
    +1 to this. Maybe one with multiplayer and highscore support.

12-31-09 01:40 PM
    I'm not really sure what an open gl game would be since I don't know how to tell if it is one but any old school shooter type game. Like having geometry wars or geo wars on the Storm2 would be awsome.
    12-31-09 01:42 PM
    LOL! What is 'Paper Toss'? I am intrigued!

The original Half Life would be mega!
    It's a game where you're in an office and you throw paper balls at a trash bin with curve shots and stuff using a fan. You flick in the direction you want to throw. It's a simple game but very addictive!
    01-01-10 07:51 PM
    What about an OpenGL app??? But if I wanted an OpenGL game for the Storm 2, I would want Grand Theft Auto IV. Haha!

01-17-10 06:10 PM
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

01-17-10 06:35 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD