I did a search, and found nothing in this forum section about Sky Climber, so I just wanted to plug this little app. It's an awesome deal (only $1.49 at the CrackBerry App Store)

SkyClimber - Games BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

There is also an expansion pack, worldtraveler, available; which is a game in and of itself. The author, CMY on these forums, has made this expansion pack available for FREE for licensed users of Sky Climber.

The app is available for trackball devices, and the Storm. The Storm version is controlled by the accelerometer. If you've ever played Papi Jump on the iPhone/iPod Touch, you know how to play this game. Except, Sky Climber is even better, with multiple platform types, unlockable content (bouncy balls and play modes), and with the worldtraveler expansion pack, multiple environments.

So, why am I plugging this app? Because the author, CMY, has proven himself to be an individual of the finest calibre. I was having a problem with my Pearl Flip 8230 not running the expansion pack, and through a seeminlgly endless series of emails worked with me to get the game working on 4.6.1.x devices. He went as far as to send me custom debug builds to email him error dumps from the game and figured out the problem from there. And after all this work, refused my offer of a donation. Folks, you don't get this kind of service from major software vendors offering multi-thousand dollar applications; yet this person selling an app for less than the price of a medium coffee these days was willing to spend quite a bit of time for an issue that one user reported.

So, a big thumbs up to CMY and SkyClimber.

Link to Storm forum thread about the game:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...limber-215515/

Link to Storm forum thread about the expansion pack:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/sk...n-pack-266591/
    Last edited by Dave12308; 07-17-09 at 04:56 PM.
    07-17-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD