This may be a really silly question but I am going to ask anyway.

I have downloaded some themes and games from mobile.blackberry.com. How do I get these moved to my computer so that I can temporarily delete them from my curve? I know I can remove them using the Desktop Manager but when I remove them from the curve using this program does it save the file to my computer so that at some point later I can reinstall back on the curve?

Thanks!
    Chris
    06-13-08 09:21 AM
    06-13-08 09:24 AM
    That will work...kinda. What happens if I want to add a theme this month, take it off next month and maybe want to add it back at some point, but in the mean time I have downloaded other themes/apps that I want to keep on the phone. It seems like everytime I want to "backup" my themes/apps I will have to load them all to the phone, do the backup so that my backup file contains ALL the themes/apps that I have downloaded.

I was hoping there was a way of just taking the files that I want off my phone and put them on my computer.

Chris
    06-13-08 10:45 AM
    the answer is simple.........just do the procedure 2 more time...like this:

1 uninstall the theme in question

2 perform backup procedure rename or save in different folder

3 restore original

4 uninstall everything else preserving the theme

5 perform backup procedure rename or save in different folder

6 now uninstall theme and restore 2nd backup.....you now have just the theme in an installable form
    06-23-08 03:11 PM
    If you have a Media Card on your phone then this is easy. If you don't have a Media Card then you should think about getting one as it makes data storage and movement a lot easier because you can set the Media card up to act as a USB drive.

You need to then copy all the OTA downloaded files (one at a time unfortunately) to the Media Card and then drag the whole lot over to Windows.

New downloads go straight to the Media Card obviously and then to the PC.

You can keep whatever you want on the Media Card and install from there.

Clearly if you uninstall an app or theme and it is not present on the Media Card then you cannot re-install (unless you download again) unless it is on the Media Card.

Keep an eye on your Device Memory (Options, Status) and make sure that you do not drop mbelow 12Mb or you will start to have problems with phone operation.
    06-23-08 03:57 PM
    Ooo this is good news I was just searching this info on Google..

Was debating whether to buy a bunch of the Namco games from Cingular but Ill be damned if Im gonna have to rebuy them everytime I decided to try out an OS upgrade hehe.

Looks like its time for me to buy a media card first!!
    07-02-08 12:47 PM
    You need to then copy all the OTA downloaded files (one at a time unfortunately) to the Media Card and then drag the whole lot over to Windows.
    Dumb question.....how do you do this with OTA files? They install automatically so the installation program doesn't appear there. Or is this a case of me not knowing where to look?
    07-31-08 08:29 PM
    there is also a program that you can use to get OTA stuff on your computer then drag over to your SD.. i use it to have a backup of 3rd party apps.. (in addition to device mgr) im always switching apps off and on, switching themes etc, so I use this to keep a back up of stuff that i've uninstalled... heres a link to it.. well i cant link to it until i have more posts.. ugh

anyway its call blackberry ota downloader, on a site called blackberrysoftwarelistDOTnetSLASHblackberry-ota-downloader.aspx check that out.. its free
    07-31-08 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD