Why can't I get this damn Civilization game to work?? I have compatibility disabled. When I try to run it is pop-up saying that its for OS 4.2-4.6.....
    I'm not new to this phone what-so-ever, so hopefully this isn't some embarassing oversight on my part :/
    03-22-09 03:54 PM
    Why can't I get this damn Civilization game to work?? I have compatibility disabled. When I try to run it is pop-up saying that its for OS 4.2-4.6.....
    I'm not new to this phone what-so-ever, so hopefully this isn't some embarassing oversight on my part :/
    is capability mode turned on or off
    03-22-09 03:59 PM
    is capability mode turned on or off
    I already have compatibility turned off (disabled)...
    03-22-09 04:05 PM
    I already have compatibility turned off (disabled)...
    Battery pull? that seems to fix a number of issues with apps ..... and everything else!

I have a feeling we will get some cool games, but probably nothing with intense graphics. I am gonna try some of the Tafasa games
    03-22-09 04:07 PM
    Battery pull? that seems to fix a number of issues with apps ..... and everything else!

I have a feeling we will get some cool games, but probably nothing with intense graphics. I am gonna try some of the Tafasa games
    Have done 3 quickpulls at this point, downloaded the game a second time using the link on the first page of the thread, and have compatibility disabled..... still says its only for OS 4.2-4.6.....

I'm on .109, but I figure that can't be it if no one else has had this issue....
    03-22-09 04:12 PM
    SF 2 is the best game ever made.
    03-23-09 12:33 AM
    Sorry... Halo is the best game ever made...
    03-23-09 12:36 AM
    i get an error message when i try to run civilization that says:
    "error starting civcasualmain: class 'gamescreen.m_engine' ref member out of range"

any ideas on what im doing wrong? im a huge civ fan and would love this game on the storm.

thanks in advance for any help.
    03-23-09 01:06 AM
    If its the CIV 4 game then its really not all that great. All the game does is have you face off against another computer player in a battle which consists of shooting a cannon and spawning troops. Whoever zergs wins everytime. Took me about 2 hours tops to beat the game and I havent played it again since. Man I wish they would make shining force 1 and 2 for the storm sooooooooooo bad.
    03-23-09 08:03 AM
    I would love to see an old fashioned ascii character "Rogue-like" game ported to the Storm. I'm not a programmer but I know there's all sorts of open source code available for the classic games like Rogue, Nethack, and my favorite: Omega. All it takes is a Google search to find it.

On a much more sophisticated level - if I can play the greatest RPG ever made for any computer: FTL's Dungeon Master - on my Palm Treo 700p - (which I can along with hundreds of other classic games using the Atari ST emulator CaSTaway) - then it ought to be possible to play it on a STorm.

Yeah, I know, probably not in my lifetime. But this is just another example of why the STorm with NEVER match the versatility of Palm OS.

And finally - the greatest strategy game currently available for handhelds is "Warfare, Incorporated". It's like Starcraft or Command & Conquer. It's currently available from Handmark Games for Iphone, Palm and I believe Windows Mobile. But I'm not holding my breath for a Storm version.
    A Rogue/NetHack/Omega port would be awesome.
    03-23-09 10:15 AM
    same problem here..anyone?
    03-23-09 08:41 PM
    i get an error message when i try to run civilization that says:
    "error starting civcasualmain: class 'gamescreen.m_engine' ref member out of range"

any ideas on what im doing wrong? im a huge civ fan and would love this game on the storm.

thanks in advance for any help.
    What OS are you using? I've had this game for two months now and it has worked amazing until I upgraded to .109 then it stopped working. Its not the game rather the OS. I'm running the .114 hybrid with still no luck, we might just have to wait it out.
    03-25-09 01:11 AM
    Im still on .75 OS and having the same issues as everyone else...still says its only for OS 4.2-4.6.....I've tried both compatibility modes and did a battery pull...same issue.
    03-25-09 06:46 AM
    this is funny. When I started this thread I began loading up the emulator on my pc and have played and beaten shining force 1 and now I am almost done beating shining force 2. Although I had no idea about the secret classes when I origionally had the game so now ive been using walkthroughs to get all of the upgrade items and the mithril pieces. Man I wish they could port Shining Force 1, 2, and the GBA version to the storm.
    03-25-09 03:35 PM
    Im on the hunt for a good rpg/strategy/tactics kind of game right now too for my storm. Dispointing to find out that Civ 4 is not at all like normal civ. I found this game:

]www tibiame com

(im not allowed to post links yet.. not enough posts!)

It appears to be some kind of MMORPG which is great and all but Im with Telus which has a data plan that is very very very unkind so im weary of this... anyone have any experience? In fact- there is probably a thread about this somewhere Im betting. I should search.
    09-22-09 09:42 AM
    I could not get Tibia to run on my Blackberry Curve 8330 through Boost Mobile. Then again, I am limited to BIS connection only (no TCP that I am aware of).

If you're looking for a Nethack-style game, there are several. I would recommend Sigmore Mines 2, personally, as it seems to stay the closest to the original.

(Can't yet post the link)
    05-05-10 09:13 AM
    We have just post our new action-RPG for Blackberry Z10 : BlackBerry World - Song of Swords

We had 350 downloads the first day and 3 "five star reviews".

It is a drag and drop RPG, the name is "Song of Swords" by Nautilus Mobile

Hope you will like it.
    09-22-13 03:50 PM
    I also post our last trailer so you have a better idea of the design of the game :
    09-23-13 01:45 PM
    Song of Swords so far is getting awesome reviews. And they are across the board on BB10 and Playbook.
    Try it and let us know what you think.
    10-03-13 05:06 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD